Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tales of Alvin Maker MMORPG

eGenesis to Develop Alvin's World as a Multi-player Online Game (thanks IGN and Mike Martinez) has a letter from science fiction author Orson Scott Card describing plans to create an MMORPG based on his Tales of Alvin Maker series. Here's a bit on the game, which like A Tale in the Desert, eGenesis' other MMO project, will contain no combat:

Four different magic systems, plus the technology track, offer players many ways to develop their characters; the presence of Calvin, Arthur Stuart, Peggy Larner, and Alvin Maker himself will provide plenty of complications and opportunities.

Above all, this alternate version of America will have ongoing events that players can affect, changing history each time a full game is played.

The game will be by paid subscription and will be played online. It will take some time to develop it, of course, but progress reports will be made here, including graphics as they become available.

View
3. Re: Well, I love the books, Jan 8, 2005, 14:22 quazz

It's probably going to make enough money to survive, since these game are made by much smaller team without having to please publisher's financial goal.
It's not like if I'm ever going to bother with it though...
http://www.actsofgord.com/Chronicles/chapter36.html

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 8, 13:00 Well, I love the books, Hezekiah
  2. Jan 8, 13:04  Re: Well, I love the books, Rigs
>> 3. Jan 8, 14:22   Re: Well, I love the books, quazz
  7. Jan 8, 20:34   Re: Well, I love the books, Awesome Spume
  8. Jan 9, 00:09    Re: Well, I love the books, sponge
  9. Jan 9, 06:59     Re: Well, I love the books, Awesome Spume
  10. Jan 9, 09:17      Re: Well, I love the books, ZzeusS
  11. Jan 9, 09:22      Re: Well, I love the books, Rigs
  12. Jan 9, 11:15       Re: Well, I love the books, Awesome Spume