Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We've got the Smurfs coming over to stay for the weekend... should be an interesting mix trying to keep tabs on the boys along with the new puppy... of course a 9-week-old puppy is actually more mature than most four and six year-olds, but the pup and the Smurfs are all pretty solid citizens, so things should work out fine (I never realized how hard it is to type with my fingers crossed!).

Play Time: Place The State. 41 Perfect - 82% - 63 Miles - 421 Secs. Thanks Ant and User Friendly.
Links of the Day: ROFL-3000.
Stories of the Day: Man Wants $1,000 To Return Soldier's Camera. Thanks Bronco.
'Idol' Reject Hung Seeks Good-Guy Roles.
Boo Birds Attack Ashlee. In fairness, the other two acts were just as awful.
Science!: Weak El Nino to Affect Weather for Next 3 Months.
Magazine Names Seattle Fittest U.S. City.
It Pays to Trust Your Gut.
Media of the Day: Dancing Transformer. Thanks blue.
Little Drummer boy. Thanks Maimas.
Image of the Day: He Sure Gets Around.
Follow-up: Tide Gauges Tsunami's Ripples, Unnoticed, Washed Along Atlantic Coast (registration required).
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

79. Re: Meh Jan 13, 2005, 07:54 Xenos Overdrive

Which is exactly how words get into the dictionary.

Or through plain overexhuberance...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

78. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 21:38  Blue 

I knew someone would point that out, but I believe that is just entry into the dictionary through common usage.

Which is exactly how words get into the dictionary.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

77. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 18:25 Tango

Just for the uber-picky record, Biannual, like phrases like bimonthly and biweekly, is a vague term, that actually means either...
I knew someone would point that out, but I believe that is just entry into the dictionary through common usage.

76. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 13:49 banddirector

Hey! So I *was* right! HA!

------------------------------------------------
To spread your goop or not to spread; that is the question ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

75. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 13:27 Zathrus

At the time I made my post you commented only about the Ti4200, which SUCKS with DX9. You didn't recommend he upgrade his video card, at all. I'm glad you know where the edit button is, though.

And, lookee lookee, I didn't edit anything! Amazing that!

I stand by my statement that there is no good upgrade in his price range. Maybe a 5500 if you can get it for under $100 (as a couple others pointed out, but the 5000 line from nVidia has some pretty serious DX9 problems of its own; I simply don't recommend them), but I simply don't think its worth it.

And yes, I've used a Ti4200 in most of those games that I mentioned. It doesn't suck. I prefer my GF6800GT, but that's not exactly surprising.

74. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 13:22 xXBatmanXx

Just for the uber-picky record, Biannual, like phrases like bimonthly and biweekly, is a vague term, that actually means either...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=biannual

bi·an·nu·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-ny-l)
adj.

1. Happening twice each year; semiannual.
2. Occurring every two years; biennial.

heheh thanks Blue. I was just getting to that.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX &Batman
(Someone started using my handle in DoD, screwing up my stats. Bastards.)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

73. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 13:21 xXBatmanXx

PCI-E, not PCI-X. Sorry, pet peeve.

Given Complicity started this, allow me one of mine: Biannual = twice a year. Biennial = every 2 years. Don't ask me why this peeves me (is peeve a verb?) but it's similar to "less" and "fewer", which also irk me. Those that also have teachers for moms know what it's like.

Forgive me, ignore this, move on.

It's not even about having a teacher for a mother, as I don't. It is about using proper structure. I had mentioned your, you're, they, there, their, etc.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX &Batman
(Someone started using my handle in DoD, screwing up my stats. Bastards.)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

72. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 12:11  Blue 

Biannual = twice a year. Biennial = every 2 years.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=biannual

bi·an·nu·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-ny-l)
adj.

1. Happening twice each year; semiannual.
2. Occurring every two years; biennial.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 12:11.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

71. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 11:53 banddirector

Biannual = twice a year. Biennial = every 2 years.

Actually, I appreciate it. I'm kind of picky about this type of thing, and I didn't realize what I was doing. I kept thinking "semi-annual" was twice a year (which I think it is) but I hadn't stopped to think about the biennial/biannual thing. I will go back and edit my previous post!

------------------------------------------------
To spread your goop or not to spread; that is the question ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

70. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 11:01 BicycleRepairMan

Pah, check out Sweden and Finland on any EU map and you'll see one of the largest and anatomically disturbingly correct phallus's in Gods creation, poised in nervous anticipation above Germany and Poland.

No, thats Jimi Hendrix jammin' man!!

69. Re: Recommendation Jan 8, 2005, 10:59 BicycleRepairMan

Place The State.

well I knew I sucked at american geography, but I did badly even from a puzzle point of view..

68. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 07:57 Tango

Pah, check out Sweden and Finland on any EU map and you'll see one of the largest and anatomically disturbingly correct phallus's in Gods creation
Nice to see your geography lessons were well spent Ihya

67. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 06:13 Ihya

So you don't think Florida resembles a big one-eyed trouser snake that's giving a golden shower to Cuba...?

Pah, check out Sweden and Finland on any EU map and you'll see one of the largest and anatomically disturbingly correct phallus's in Gods creation, poised in nervous anticipation above Germany and Poland.

66. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 05:03 Tango

PCI-E, not PCI-X. Sorry, pet peeve.
Given Complicity started this, allow me one of mine: Biannual = twice a year. Biennial = every 2 years. Don't ask me why this peeves me (is peeve a verb?) but it's similar to "less" and "fewer", which also irk me. Those that also have teachers for moms know what it's like.

Forgive me, ignore this, move on.

65. Camera Jan 8, 2005, 03:20 Halsy

Figures that fuckin' bastard's name is Crook. Much like Clooney's character Seth Gecko in Dusk till Dawn so aptly summed it up....
I may be a bastard, but at least I'm not a fuckin' bastard.

Everytime I see one of these goddamed stories it only reinforces my belief that we're ultimately doomed as a species. That unless we get into a forced eugenics program to weed these selfish fuckin' bastards out of the gene pool.

I actually pray that if there's any justice in the universe that some patriotic mobster will read that story and get pissed off enough to send Rocco and Vinny out to tune that asshole up.

"You mustn't mind the tree monsters. Their bark is worse than their bite. Ha ha ha ha!"
- Winter Warlock, Santa Claus is Coming to Town

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 03:21.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

64. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 03:07 Sixis

45/50 Avg error 19 miles 156 secs

Why is it taking everyone else about a minute more to do this?

63. Re: Meh Jan 8, 2005, 00:45 Camaro76

You Americans have too many straight lines in your country, ergo I only got 74 %. If you look at a map of Europe, you can see a rather large cock on the map, a pigs head, a boot, a St Bernard and various other amusing shapes, which all act as good memory prompts when you are colouring in countries in a geography class.

So you don't think Florida resembles a big one-eyed trouser snake that's giving a golden shower to Cuba...?

---------------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
WWFS - What Would Freud Say?

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

62. US States Jan 8, 2005, 00:44 Jim

98%
1 miles (they gave me Colorado on the 2nd turn)
287 secs

Jim

61. 46 out of 50 - 92% Jan 7, 2005, 23:45 LordShadow

Average error 16 miles. (Come on, I was damn close!)
269 seconds.

Not all of us are bad at geography.

60. Re: Meh Jan 7, 2005, 23:44 nin

You need arcane spell casting ability, the ranger gets divine spell casting at like level 5 or something. So go back to a save before your most recent level up and pick either wizard or sorcerer instead of Ranger. That will open up the Arcane Archer.

Ah! THAT did it! Thank you!!! It took a couple of levels, but it eventually showed up. Until AA becomes available, should I continue to advance as a sorcerer, or just throw one level-up into there and then revert to fighter level-ups until AA is available?

Thanks again!

http://tds.nin.com/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo