Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM Movie Petition

A DooM Movie Online Petition implores the creator's of the upcoming DOOM movie to back off from some of the planned changes from the plot points from the games.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Couple of things.. Dec 16, 2004, 15:37 nin

I can't believe this jackass got mad over someone putting a sig on a post.

What a fucking smacktard.

Yeah, he's got some kinda of psychosexual thing going on there...it's kinda scary. He sees the word "Creston" and he has some sort of seizure...I'm surprised he hasn't tried to fly to Creston's house and hump his dog or something...

http://tds.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Couple of things.. Dec 16, 2004, 15:27 Tigger

Creston, Tigger, Others, YOU ARE TRULY PATHETIC!

I can't believe this jackass got mad over someone putting a sig on a post.

What a fucking smacktard.

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones
This comment was edited on Dec 16, 15:29.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

40. Re: Couple of things.. Dec 16, 2004, 12:56 zamfear

Your right man, we should just STFU and never question anything. That's what the founding fathers of America should have done. All hail King George!

-xamfear

39. LOL!!! Dec 16, 2004, 11:43 Blade_986

I'm still going to see it anyways!

38. Doom movie could be awesome Dec 16, 2004, 07:01 b1_

Thx Zephalapolop or whatever your nic is there. You obviously care a great deal about this cause as no-one would bother to write such a massively long post if they didn't.

I'm pretty sure no-one wants some Resident Evil "virus infection" remake rubbish. Hope the partition at least makes them think about what Doom is really all about if they're really are going in that lame-arse direction. Namely hell, marines, frags, monsters - please, I wanta see a Cacodemon :)...and a rocket launcher, and rocket jump :D.

I think there is a quality movie in the doom story. Think about it. Firstly, Sci-fi horror can do well at the box-office, Aliens is an example. Secondly, they could really push the religion angle. I don't see how having demons and imps etc would be offensive to Christians, it would be proof that hell existed, leading to the conclusion that heaven and God existed also. It would be a shot in the arm for a dwindling religion, and the movie could explore this re-emergence of the belief in God in a Tech age.

Imagine a kindly marine chaplain, strong in his faith, giver of comfort to fearful young men facing death, no longer fighting the "evil in mens hearts" and other bullshit metaphors of religion, but actually taking down a demon in the flesh with a double barrel shotty at point blank range :). Those religious right nuts would love it!

And what about all the hoopla recently from the mars rovers. They gotta have it on mars, c'mon. God of war and all. Deimos and Phobos sound like Hell.

The partition has my support.

37. Couple of things.. Dec 16, 2004, 05:55 Zephalephelah

First of all, my browser is *STILL* resolving that petition page and it's 0220 PST, so the page is shit.

Secondly, although it is true that a few petitions have actually changed the outcome of an event and even a movie, this ain't that animal. And this petition, with a mere 3k people and the fact that this petition comes in so fucking late, shows the hollywood studio that they have made the right decision. When a petition gets 200,000+ signatures, the studio will take notice. With 3,000 or 8,000, they'll just bring it up in a meeting on some Tuesday & continue as though nothing had happened beyond a minor gust of wind.

The other thing. Doom has a good director & some good casting. This isn't Dungeons & Dragons. This isn't Wing Commander. Most of you ignorant fag ass fanboys apparently expect hollywood to drop down $500million and bring in everyone and everything & make this the movie of the century. Well, you're stupid and completely ignorant. Look at the records of horror movies. They don't do well, ever! Not even the really good ones. A very very very very few ever get nominated for major awards and even then rarely get the win.

They have given Doom a major director. The movie won't suck. The casting includes at least 3 known actors.

You pathetic little bitch ass whiny girls are so fucking retarded that you have no fucking clue that this movie which shouldn't have been anything more than a stupid little $20 million Wing Commander piece of shit cheese factory flick is actually on the way to being an interesting movie. It might not be *EXACTLY* what you want. But you know what? FUCK WHAT YOU WANT! You are just a tiny, itty, bitty, little minority of nothingness in a vast pool of possible ticket sales.

Once the marketing machine starts whirring, the dollars will begin clicking the movie machine that Doom will be.

"Doom. The video game that started it all."
"Doom. The original first person shooter."
"Doom. The evil in your face."
"Doom. A chance for you to right the most insane of all wrongs."

They'll market the fuck out of this thing. It will be on the SCIFI channel, Biography will do a deal on John Carmack, Discovery will suggest the possiblity of demons or genetic mistakes such as the killerbee... only what would happen if we fucked up more, etc.

Doom will make money & they won't need a mother fucking penny from a single Doom player anywhere. It will happen any way. They'll get 1/2 of all doom player's even if the movie is so bad that it gets a thumbs down from everyone & everything. People still rent shitty movies. People still go to shitty movies. But they'll pump the crazy video game like mad & you know what, they'll win.

And there's not a mother fucking thing that you or anyone can do about it. The movie is being filmed RIGHT NOW. sign that fag petition. It will not mean a damned thing at all. Hollywood will never recognize it unless it hits a couple hundred thousand. Then they will realize that enough people care that it is an issue. But that's not going to happen. And Doom will be made as it is being made this very instant. It won't be what we want. It won't be a great movie even. But it won't suck.

And in the end, if the movie actually works, there will be sequels. My view is that this will be like the original Predator. A copy. It's very likely. The script can say all it wants about the marines, but it appears to be a Jason Freddie movie and the marines all die like teenage bitches.

And that isn't such a bad thing. Most of you are all teenage bitches. So at least maybe you'll be a little bit tiny scared. Although more of you would probably be scared if you simply looked in the fucking mirror in the morning. Who needs Doom when you look like a fucking nightmare yourself.

I'm guessing that the movie will be a 5 of 10. Not shit, but no masterpiece. I'll check it out on netflix in 2006.

For the faggot assholes here who sign your name to your posts like morons, look over to the right. Do you see where is says Zephalephelah? That's because I wrote this post. If I sign my name here now, that would make me look like a complete moron and idiot. It is quite obvious who wrote this post. Just look over to the right, duh! Moreover, if I signed my name, it would appear to imply only one thing beyond that idiotic redundancy(since the name is already listed on the right) and that would be that I was so fucking full of myself that I felt the need to reiterate my name for everyone so that you would not forget it & in a way wrap my post between my name as if it were something special or amazing.

Let me tell you something. THere is almost never, 99.9% never a good enough post to remember anyone by it. A minor amount of humor, a huge amount of bitching, some opinionated rationale. 0.01% of anything ever posted here is even useful for laughter or copying for future use. EVERYTHING ELSE, and all of my posts and everyone elses, EVERYTHING, is just a bunch of shit. And some of you pathetic homos actually sign your name to your drivel as if it means something to anyone.... to anyone at all.

Creston, Tigger, Others, YOU ARE TRULY PATHETIC!

Wake up. No one cares. Are you writing love letters that you need to sign your name? Do you have no clue at all that your name is already on the post? Or is it that you feel yourself so entirely amazing to yourself that you have to be uselessly redundant?

Oh well, maybe I should sign my name to this post? Then I could be part of the showy little clique you girly girls have here. People might think, woah! that guy signed his name! WOW! He must be Somebody! WOAH!

LOL! Yeah, I'm somebody alright. Someone among 6 billion people on the planet & not so fucking pretencious as to think I'm so fucking special that I should sign my name when you can ALREADY FUCKING SEE WHO FUCKING WROTE THIS SHIT! IT's RIGHT ON THE UPPER RIGHT OF THIS POST! Is it that hard to understand????

Oh well, thanks for reading.....

Creston

36. WTF? Dec 15, 2004, 22:54 Tigger

Are you kidding me?

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

35. Re: Joking aside.. Dec 15, 2004, 19:29 Jay

i agree. besides, look at the record of all action hero, and game2screen movies out there... doesnt look so good.

34. Re: Joking aside.. Dec 15, 2004, 18:31 Da-Fly

Though they may change the script I can't see them changing the plot. The films already in production isn't it? Probably already storyboarded and being filmed (generated).

I'm sure we all agree the concept of a Doom film is likely to be just a fairly lazy cash-in on the name and notoriety. Though there may be some genuinely enthusiastic artists involved on the film (and there may not) its still very likely that those calling the shots are simply worried about making a profit. This means, farm out 90 minutes of PG-13 CGI dog shit with formulaic guns and baddies. The film itself doesnt matter. As long as they can piece together a half decent trailer with a few good sound bites and some well edited violence against a good soundtrack then people will go and see it.
You could have a maverick production team work on this film and make something non-hollywood standard, but its too much of a gamble. Fuck that - its simple maths - spend 10M on the film and salaries....need to make more than 10M at the box office. I think this is the way 90% of film making works these days... and still idiots flock to see it.

33. Joking aside.. Dec 15, 2004, 17:52 Jay

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

This link has some "early" description of the movie. It sounds pretty damn close to the Doom game to me. The director has some pretty good movies to his credit. My guess is that for the hard-core doom fans out there, Lucifer himself will not be able to make a Doom worthy movie for you. I mean lets be honest here, is it possible for a director to create a movie the way thousands of people are imagining it? I understand your point about "crucial" defining characters and moments in the game, but from now to then -trust me on this - they are going to change the script a million times. At the end we are either going to see a decent movie, or something so atrocious, no amounts of alcohol or drugs can make even remotely presentable. Oh... and about that petition, dont waste your time. Spend an extra 5 minutes online fragging someones ass rather than wasting your time.

32. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 17:23 Jay

the circle of "swallowers" is now complete. Toxic is here.

31. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 17:11 Toxic_Metal

You seem to be intimately familiar with your subject.

Their freedom was taken away as they crashed . . .

Their freedom was taken away as they crashed . . .
-- "So Long, and thanks for all the fish..."

30. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 17:11 sc4r4b

No comment... but here's a link.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm

29. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 17:04 Jay

..Jarek,
thank you for understanding my point under the "un-refined"
delivery you bring me hope that there still are people out there that understand the reason this is silly.

Jay.

28. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 16:59 Jay

yea. i am a coward. what kinda rocks do you climb ? the big hard ones probably. you got off one to reply to me, so now that you replied, climb back on.. you manly man you. oh yea, dont forget to fill in the petition for allowing "swallowers" like you to be allowed to change movie scripts.

27. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 16:50 Jarek Forhanon

Although his delivery could use a bit of refinement, Jay nevertheless has a point. It is all well and good to voice your opinions, but since when have online petitions brought about change? Words can only get you so far.

26. Re: Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 16:32 MindTrigger

This from a dumbass (Jay) who had to create a new account (coward) in order to post his whiney opinion about people signing the petition.

Yeah you are the man, Jay.

---
http://www.oceas.com/SpreadFireFox

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

25. Losers. Dec 15, 2004, 16:05 Jay

Yea. You guys prove my point. Losers is a
definite understatement. You guys are completely
brain-dead. I think its because of too much masturbation
due to the lack of anything that resembles a life.

Losers.

24. No subject Dec 15, 2004, 15:46 Tanto Edge

And it for THESE people that we have valium.
Listen pal, if people are willing to shit on each other for sexual kicks, at least let these folks have their petition.
That's my asshole.
Now for my opinion:
There is only one change I am legitamitely concerned about and that is the abolishment of the hell influence.
Daemons, demons, devils, imps, and hell have always been an integral part of the whole Doom universe. It is ultimately for the sake of Jesusland (aka. United States of Anachronism) that they have enacted these pathetic alterations to what was honestly an already weak setting.
Hey, admit it, it's space, with demons. That's pretty watered down. Then they go and get rid of the whole hell aspect, replace it with Resident Evil and for what? So that a couple of Jesus fanatics will pay to see it?
Guess what folks, the true Doom fans will boycott. That means that whichever monies you've garnered from your changes, have ultimately been made moot by the fans who don't attend this travesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

23. Re: Doom 3 petition ?! WTF... Dec 15, 2004, 15:39 mdelvecchio

...and why is that, ass-clown? if you dont like something you see in the world, then try to change it.

helluva lot more respectable than just being another fat, lazy consumer eating the shit they shovel into your mouth every day.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo