Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Site Seeing - 25 to Life & GalCiv 2

The official Galactic Civilizations 2 Website is now live (thanks Frans), dedicated to Stardock's upcoming space sequel. In an unprecedented, and fairly bizarre twist, "Currently only members who have purchased Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy will have access to the site." Also, the news of the opening of the 25 to Life Website yesterday (story) was listed in console news, but a closer look reveals the site sports a PC CD-ROM logo as well.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Beta test a site Dec 12, 2004, 12:13 Cheese

OMG i had this game like last year and its garbage. Starfury is way better than this 1970 era game. I mean come on i use to play starcontrol 1 on my 3DO and it looked and had more features than this. and they got nerve to create controversy by doing this as its the only way to even get a notice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2004, 07:53 Quboid

This is just a temporary thing - they probably just aren't sure the site is 100% working so they're giving their loyal customers a sneek peak to beta test the site. I'm sure it will be opened up in due course, they can't be *that* stupid.

Quboid

- Quboid

5. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2004, 06:17 Awesome Spume

I like Stardock. They're just keeping a low profile, like they do with most of their games. GalCiv 2 is due to go into beta testing next month with a Q1 2005 release date. I can't see why you should be so personally affronted by this.

4. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2004, 01:08 sponge

Fuck Stardock.

I really don't know what else to say to something like that.

3. No subject Dec 11, 2004, 21:02 Xoxotl

This is a big "screw you!" to those of us who actually purchased and registered GalCiv (without the expansion pack).

I did have Altarian Prophecy on my Christmas list, but I took it off, and asked my family, if they purchased it, to return it before Christmas. And I will not be purchasing GalCiv2.

Good job, Stardock! Keep trying harder to take a dump all over your established customer base!

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

2. Re: That makes perfect sense Dec 11, 2004, 18:00 Belmont

Yeah that is a little wierd. Seeing as they are probably not to far into the development of the game they might just be gathering what the players want added that was not in the series earlier. Though this is just speculation as I have not got around to buying GalCiv: A.P. yet.  
"Choice and Consequence." Gareth 'Section8' Davies on the key ingredients of an RPG.

1. That makes perfect sense Dec 11, 2004, 16:04 theAntiELVIS

So they don't want me to know about their new product unless I purchase their old product?

Seems like a good reason to purchase niether.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo