Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2

As noted on Steam News Half-Life 2 is now officially available at retail stores throughout North America. Though Valve's highly anticipated sequel has been available early at some over-caffeinated stores (story), the online activation process is now underway, and copies of the game purchased at stores or online via Steam can now be unlocked by restarting Steam:

Half-Life 2 is available now for purchase and to play. Those who pre-purchased their copy via Steam may access the game by restarting Steam, then double-clicking on the Half-Life 2 icon in their Steam Games directory. To purchase your copy via Steam, get Steam now.

We hope you enjoy it!

View
537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

97. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:34 PHJF

What's this Vampire game everyone is talking about? I haven't heard of it before today, and many are saying it has been even more anticipated than HL2?

It's more anticipated if you are a semi-mature person with a brain and good taste in games.

http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

96. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:32 Jim

Is Vampire: Bloodlines coming out today? Many news sites and gamespot say that today is its release date, except that activision doesn't have a specific release date listed. I have been really looking forward to this game, a lot more than HL2.

What's this Vampire game everyone is talking about? I haven't heard of it before today, and many are saying it has been even more anticipated than HL2?

Jim

95. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:29 Bozar

Gimme Vampire

Is Vampire: Bloodlines coming out today? Many news sites and gamespot say that today is its release date, except that activision doesn't have a specific release date listed. I have been really looking forward to this game, a lot more than HL2.

94. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:28 PHJF

You guys remember the nuclear test facility HL map where you push the button and if you aint in the bunker you die? THAT WAS SO UNGODLY FUN at lans!!!!!!!

OOMMMMGGGGG!!!!!! *ASPLODE*

Blow me, CS:S.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

93. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:28 JAGUART

I just want to say cheers to all you HL2 fans out there. I'll be playing it tonight after work.  
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

92. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:24 Jim

I think the feeling is that including CS is fine, but a lot of folks (like me) would rather play DM and will probably never fire up CS. We'll play HL2 and go back to UT2k4 for multiplay.

I'm in that boat. HL2 is and always has been to me a single player game. I tried CS a long time ago (before source), never really got into it. I saw a friend playing CS:S and it didn't impress me much. Just a glorified deathmatch IMO- and I find deathmatch boring.

I have a feeling that HL2 will have high replay value, and am hoping that some mod developers make some good missions/maps for it. But if I want multiplayer action, I'm going straight to UT2k4 onslaught.

Jim

91. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:24 Darks

Bite my Ass Valve and you too VU. your game is a piece of shit just look at all the problems its already having becasue you all are a bunch of un-trusting greedy bastards. Steams is F#cked up and so is the activation servers. I think this is so funny and all too deserving. no thanks Ill be buying the add-on Joint ops today that has Co-Op.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

90. HL2 Nov 16, 2004, 12:23 Belly Flop

Played for about 5 hours today and am simply blown away at this point.
Awesome. Stunning ... <add superlatives here>

Go get it

89. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:22 Warhawk

I will get HL2 when I can get it for free: Christmas.

That never works for me. I NEVER got the games I asked for, so I don't ask anymore. CDs and DVD I will get sometimes. Games, never. If I wait, I pay more (not on sale), so I buy the games I want now. My wife doesn't like it, but I only buy ~2 a year.

* Warhawk *

Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?

Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

88. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:21 Hellbinder

Hl2 is hands down the Best game I have ever played. I can also say without the slightest hesitation that it completely Blows Doom-III away. This game is just freaking awesome.

as far as the Multiplayer.

I Think it really should have an independant multiplayer. I think that these guys will add that within a few weeks or so. They will also likely add Team Fortress Source at some point.

I can see why that would dissapoint some people. It would be fun to tromp around City17 and frag people in open or team combat.

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
[b]Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) [color=red]3Dmark03 7074[/color][/b]
[color=blueompare [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compar

The Whales name is Bob.

87. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:18 Warhawk

I can't believe what i'm hearing, CS:S is a downside?- even some of the reviews reflected this. Maybe it's because I've been playing CS since the day it came out, but I honestly think it's one of the greatest games ever made.

I think the feeling is that including CS is fine, but a lot of folks (like me) would rather play DM and will probably never fire up CS. We'll play HL2 and go back to UT2k4 for multiplay.

* Warhawk *

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

86. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:14 sauron

and a 21-month-old son to play with

I have a 15-month-old daughter. I only get to play games after everyone else has gone to sleep, a couple times a week.

Actually, I'm sick today, I mean I really am sick, so I could go hoome and play HL2. Unfortunately, I feel so bad I just want to go to bed and stay there.

Kittens!

85. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:12 BIGtrouble77

CS:S is a huge downside, had Valve also provided HL2M it would have a better chance of lasting.

I can't believe what i'm hearing, CS:S is a downside?- even some of the reviews reflected this. Maybe it's because I've been playing CS since the day it came out, but I honestly think it's one of the greatest games ever made.

I can also see why people get frustrated by it... I just started playing after a two year hiatus and my skills REALLY depleated. I went from being one of those 32-2 guys to a 3-25 guy. The only map I recognize so far is Dust.

There's just too many 14 year olds that live by that game.

84. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:11 PHJF

I will get HL2 when I can get it for free: Christmas.

Hopefully by that time at least some descent mod will be out. Other than mods... Hl2 can screw itself. Gimme Vampire.

------

83. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:09 Warhawk

I think this game will go away in a few months, just like DOOM3
I am not so sure of that. I fired up HL1 a few weeks ago in anticiaption of the sequel. I still eneded having a fun time playing through. HL1 is the only game I have played through more than once, and I still have a great time playing it.

Same here. After a while, you ignore the dated graphics and realize how fun the game really was.

Actually, it promted me to play HL:Opposing Force as well and I enjoyed it, too (free w/ HL reg. on Steam). Too bad Blue Shift wasn't included as well. I had no desire to play HL:Source if I had to pay extra.

* Warhawk *

82. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 12:00 Gandhi

I am not so sure of that. I fired up HL1 a few weeks ago in anticiaption of the sequel. I still eneded having a fun time playing through. HL1 is the only game I have played through more than once, and I still have a great time playing it.

To a limited extent Halo PC gave me that same feeling (though the repetitive level design spoiled the overall experience a bit).

I think the smart AI keeps the gameplay fresh and engaging, regardless of how scripted the story might be.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

81. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 11:52 Beamer

A first person shooter is a first person shooter, no matter how you slice it

Depends. Doom 3 wasn't good and got old quickly. This might last. Mostly depends on multiplayer and mods. CS:S is a huge downside, had Valve also provided HL2:DM it would have a better chance of lasting.

Doom 3 disappeared in under a month. I think this will get at least twice that. We'll see if it gets nearly what HL did.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

80. Any low prices? Nov 16, 2004, 11:51 Ant

Is it true that MicroCenter (not online order) has it for sales? I am surprised Best Buy doesn't have it on sale! Fry's ads doesn't show a price.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

79. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 11:50 vacs

A first person shooter is a first person shooter, no matter how you slice it

yeah but this one got CS:S

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 11:51.

78. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 11:48 MMORPGHoD

and now a word from our website sponsors....

537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo