Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2

As noted on Steam News Half-Life 2 is now officially available at retail stores throughout North America. Though Valve's highly anticipated sequel has been available early at some over-caffeinated stores (story), the online activation process is now underway, and copies of the game purchased at stores or online via Steam can now be unlocked by restarting Steam:

Half-Life 2 is available now for purchase and to play. Those who pre-purchased their copy via Steam may access the game by restarting Steam, then double-clicking on the Half-Life 2 icon in their Steam Games directory. To purchase your copy via Steam, get Steam now.

We hope you enjoy it!

View
537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

157. Re: Could not connect to Steam Network! Nov 16, 2004, 15:48 MuzixMon

FUCK STEAM! FUCKE IT! I bought the Collectors edition to avoid having to deal with that bullshit STEAM nonsense. NOW HERE I AM WAITINGF FOR 20 MIN WAITING FOR THE FUCKING STEAM NETWORK TO GET ME REGISTERED! I JUST PAID ALMOST $90 TO SIT HERE AND WAIT AND KEEP GETTING DROPPED FROM THE STEAM SERVICE!!! FUCK THIS, THIS IS FUCKING NONSENSE!!! FUCK VALVE! I'm usually a very positive gamer but this really gets me fuckin STEAMED! I better get this shit to work within a hours time or this fucking shit is going back to the store and I'll weait for the inevitable warezed version... and I don't even copy games!!! The simple fact is a customer should not be forced to register online with a service they don't want if they already paid a HUGE amount for the product! MAN I AM SOOOO FUCKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

156. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:44 Beamer

but then again, not every PC FPS has bots either...

Yeah, but they make up for it in other ways, for me at least.

The entire appeal of the Xbox is that I live in a house with 2 other guys and we always want to virtually kill each other. Halo 2 doesn't allow that nearly as well as it could.

It would be amazing with bots. Lacking them makes it a diversion that will be forgotten rather than played for months to come.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

155. Weldings? Nov 16, 2004, 15:43 MeatForce

Anyone know if the welding gun made it in any way/shape/form into the final version of HL2?

-----
"I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole."

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

154. I CAN SEE WHERE... Nov 16, 2004, 15:42 heroin

I can see where people believe Vampires to be "classy". There is and has always been a particular elitism amongst pen and paper players and CRPG players. There IS more content in the games, there ARE more ways the player is "free" to play.

Where this elitism fails is certainly considering one is never "free" playing a video game. At least for now, I'm sure intelligent AI, streamlining and randomness in content will arrive shortly. Consider the "freeformedness" of Morrowind. It's not completely freeform, you're never outside of a designed game from the developers.

What we have are complete differences in designed content over Half-life 2 and Vampires. I understand that to some degree Vampires might be more appealing or "artsy" and thus "classy". I don't necessarily believe this to be true. I find the dystopian police-state and great story-line to be just as classy as Vampires Bloodlines "freeness" and discreetness. They are completely two different genres, with different design rules and regiments... I pretty much think that both of these games are "top-notch" for their genres and that's what these irrelevent types of arguments boil down to. They're different top-notch games; "class" shouldn't be involved in the process unless you're speaking about the class you intend to play in the game.

153. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:40 Scottish Martial Arts

It's more anticipated if you are a semi-mature person with a brain and good taste in games.

Mature and Vampire doesn't go in the same sentence. I'll still be getting it but any game where there is large number of hawt chicks with extremely large, round b00bies isn't too high on the maturity scale. Would you say that The Fast and The Furious was a mature movie?

152. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:34 STooGE$$$$ VTNT

That's as much Adventure as Prey coming out. That game is a POS; it's ridiculous and pointless.

151. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:30 PHJF

Hehe... adventure games. What was the last good one to come out? The Longest Journey or Siberia? Either way... adventure games are runnin with a gaping wound and a low blood pressure.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

150. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:25 Retired

If you really want to make that argument, you need to include Adventure games jackass.......REAL substance not opposed to the faux components of FPSs and RPGs.......

Adventure? REAL substance? What like the new Lesuire Suit Larry? That game is a POS.

My roomate played all the way through it, he now just sits in front of the tv drooling on himself with a fake remote I gave him.

149. Re: Back To Half-Life 2 Nov 16, 2004, 15:24 PHJF

Woah hoah, I haven't been to Majorgeeks.com in a LONG time. That site was (is?) kickass!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

148. Back To Half-Life 2 Nov 16, 2004, 15:17 MajorGeeks

You saw the movies. The game is EASILY as fun to play and s look at as the movies were. I dont know anyone who wasnt amazed at the movies. Im thrilled here, was afraid of another disappointment, but I am getting what I expected, an awesome single player game and hopefully tons of mods so this can be playable for years to come as the original was.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 15:18.

http://www.majorgeeks.com

147. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:16 STooGE$$$$ VTNT

I'm sorry you guys/gals feel that way.

146. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:14 DrEvil

................... adventure games suck ass......................

145. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:13 PHJF

You also used way too many periods in your double post.

------

144. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:11 STooGE$$$$ VTNT

He's (She's) somewhat right.........although his statement is going in the right direction it just doesn't get there.......(and a class system is entirely out of place; that's discrimination)......

If you really want to make that argument, you need to include Adventure games jackass.......REAL substance not opposed to the faux components of FPSs and RPGs.......

Although I just bashed HL2 and Vampire, I still love them.......

I unlocked HL2 at 12:22AM and it sure is damn awesome.....

And I have the highest hopes for Vampire..........

143. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:10 STooGE$$$$ VTNT

oops.......See above......
This comment was edited on Nov 16, 15:12.

142. Re: A thought about addons and such... Nov 16, 2004, 15:09 Catware

Also, you could pull your network cable and see what happens when you run the game

141. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:09 PHJF

If you ever read me... *trolling*, chances are I am just trying to piss people off.

See, that's what I do. And in doing so over the course of my entire life, I have come to be known as... an ass.

------

140. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 15:03 Retired

However proposing some sort of Gaming Class System based on who playes what, is complete nonsense and probably one of the more ridiculous things I've read online.

I try, I try.

I just have to share that I actually laughed at this.
People get so uptight on Blues sometimes, that a response of this nature helps me continue to read on.

Thanks Professional.

139. Re: A thought about addons and such... Nov 16, 2004, 15:02 Geese

My question is this, do I have to connect to Steam every time I want to run it?

Acccording to Valve, no. Steam will check if there is a connection each time you start it, but if there is not one, it will allow you to play in "offline" mode.

Spread the O&A Virus on XM Radio!
http://www.opieandanthony.com
http://www.xmradio.com

Spread the O&A Virus on XM Radio Channel 202
http://www.opieandanthony.com
http://www.xmradio.com

138. Vampire Bloodlines review Nov 16, 2004, 15:01 heroin

Hey ya'll I found a review of Bloodlines from evilavatar's site.

http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/293.html

Get's a pretty good score, man oh man, which one do I get - a great, dark, 60+ hour RPG with no multiplayer by my favorite developers who once worked for Black Isle on Fallout 2, or a masterpiece FPS by my favorite developers of FPS's with a 16 hour limit, and CS?

I love both the futuristic Orwelllian police-state feel, and I love immersivesemi-freeform dark games. This is such a tough choice.

537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo