Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2

As noted on Steam News Half-Life 2 is now officially available at retail stores throughout North America. Though Valve's highly anticipated sequel has been available early at some over-caffeinated stores (story), the online activation process is now underway, and copies of the game purchased at stores or online via Steam can now be unlocked by restarting Steam:

Half-Life 2 is available now for purchase and to play. Those who pre-purchased their copy via Steam may access the game by restarting Steam, then double-clicking on the Half-Life 2 icon in their Steam Games directory. To purchase your copy via Steam, get Steam now.

We hope you enjoy it!

View
535 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

235. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:23 Rain

This just in off CNN:

"Purchasers of Half-Life 2 support terrorist actions"

Funding the Gabe bin Laden organization, terror of the dessert buffet.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 17:23.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

234. No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:22 Tanto Edge

You are just whining because you can't get your retail copy to work

I didn't think it was considered whining when we paid enough for something that we were told a thousand times, "Yeah, it'll work."
When we fought and sweat, and bled and ...blah blah blah.

Point being, we paid. We got shit. We have to wait.
We waited, to pay. We paid, then waited.

Thus, we whine.

And to all you 'pre-ordered online' fuckers, yeah, great, nice job. SO happy for you.
Oh hang on, I have to go put my password in again...
Oh looks like there's a problem with Steam...

Yeah... Gabe is gonna unlist his number soon, I know it.

*shrugs*
From a guy who used to work at Microsoft, I guess this is to be expected. But because of Bandwidth? *shakes head*
What a way to lose fans.
Hey, didn't UO have this issue way back in the ninties?
Didn't EQ suffer the same indignity?

Why haven't these game companies learned a valuable lesson?
I mean.. Halo 2 pulling over $100 million in it's first day.. And Half-Life 2 being equally popular... someone should've had a clue, y'know?
Somebody should really have had an idea of just what it means to have enough bandwidth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

233. Re: The server's lagging baaaa Nov 16, 2004, 17:19 MMORPGHoD

nah, i knew this would happen so i haven't even bothered looking for a copy yet.

Meanwhile there's at least $89.95 worth of Entertainment Value here just reading the sqeals of anguish from the naive unwashed masses who actually expected the game they paid for to work on Day 0.

Yeah, I didn't buy yet either. Sucks to be right.. doesn't it? Naaah.. we still get to sit back, eat popcorn and watch the HL2 riots of 2004... aaaaahh.

Edit: Oh and.. but guys! Come on! Everyone has an internet connection these days that is reliable! You suck! Steam is great! What could go wrong?

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 17:23.

232. Re: Winsock Error Nov 16, 2004, 17:19 MuzixMon

I have the same exact message Zeus I feel your pain. I never wanted to deal with STEAM but I guess purchasing it for $90 does not guarantee the buyer they will even be able to use the product. I just emailed them and this is the resonse I got... "We're working on the problem right now please hang in there with us!"... WTF IS THAT SHIT I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME I JUST FRIGGIN PAYED FOR. I have gotten soo aggrivated I slammed my fist on my computer desk and my monitor went blank for an hour and I thought I busted it for sure. Even if this game turns out to be the best thing that ever happens I will never forget the aggrivation I am feeling right now EVER!!!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

231. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:18 ZzeusS

The vampire game better not suck this bad.

230. Re: Man I hate Steam.... Nov 16, 2004, 17:18 MapleBob

One more thing, I've instructed people to sue the fuck out of valve if I die from a stroke or something from all this shit they put me through.

I need me one of them Boca Roaton phycrapologists.

Or maybe just drugs.

If I sue the fuck out of Valve myself, then I might be able to afford those drugs and the lawyers to keep me out of prison for using those drugs.

Seriously, this is fraud, there's gotta be some government bureaucrat somewhere that I can complain to and make trouble for these goddamned islamo-fascist blowing NAZI's.

I'm pretty sure blowing islamo-fascists while we're at war with them is, um, how you say? Rendering aid and comfort to the enemy?

Ship all these asswipes to GITMO, baby!

229. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 17:17 Rain

If you buy the game from BestBuy be sure to pick up the Gamer Gift Card, theres a $5 off game coupon on the back.

FIX STEAM ALREADY BLUE!

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."

228. Re: Fooking STEAM Nov 16, 2004, 17:16 Tumbler

LOL, i had not trouble reading this! Research is true!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

227. Re: Winsock Error Nov 16, 2004, 17:16 Todd

Failed with error 200: Failed to connect, winsock error 10061 "Connection Refused"

same error here, can't find anything on it

226. Re: Fooking STEAM Nov 16, 2004, 17:16 Gandhi

I felt a great disturbance in the Steam network, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

LOL! Good one

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

225. Re: The server's lagging baaaa Nov 16, 2004, 17:15 FourPak

nah, i knew this would happen so i haven't even bothered looking for a copy yet.

Meanwhile there's at least $89.95 worth of Entertainment Value here just reading the sqeals of anguish from the naive unwashed masses who actually expected the game they paid for to work on Day 0.

224. Re: Winsock Error Nov 16, 2004, 17:13 ZzeusS

Failed with error 200: Failed to connect, winsock error 10061 "Connection Refused"

WTH is this... Does anyone else get this or have this? Ugh, once again, gotta love Steam and my inability to play this game.

I get this too. Why do I have a 60 dollar product that does not work?

223. Re: Fooking STEAM Nov 16, 2004, 17:12 MMORPGHoD

I felt a great disturbance in the Steam network, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

222. Re: Banging on Steam Nov 16, 2004, 17:12 Gandhi

evil, right-wing crapheads at Vivendi and Universal, as well as NEWS CORPS, and VIACOM who own them.

Vivendi and Universal are the same company - hance the name "VU Games." And VUGames parent is a competitor to Fox and Viacom. Just thought I would point that out.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

221. Fooking STEAM Nov 16, 2004, 17:09 Rain

STEAM is fooking down, no doubt to some malicious HACKERS or something other than Valve's / Baby Eating Gabes fault. Hope some money grubbing lawyer out there starts a class action suit on this, big bucks to be made $$$$. I could use some money back on this myself.  

220. Re: Man I hate Steam.... Nov 16, 2004, 17:09 jm0ris0n

Cool down bob. Take a double shot of something and relax.

219. Re: Man I hate Steam.... Nov 16, 2004, 17:08 Gandhi

I did call that stupid fuck, Gabe Newell and swore at his voice mail and I have sent countless emails to the stupid fucks at Valve telling them what stupid fucks they are.

But I still haven't been able to play Half-Life 2.

Ahhhhh ..... sweet Karma ......

218. Re: *sigh* Nov 16, 2004, 17:08 MMORPGHoD

Pirates 1 Valve 0.5

And let the steam log on rioting begin!

217. Banging on Steam Nov 16, 2004, 17:08 heroin

It's pretty crappy not being able to log into Steam. The amount of design and projections that went into this project have to be astounding. I would say Valve were completelyt negligent with the amount of servers and bandwidth they can allow. I've seen their charts; they probably expected this to happen.

On the good side of Steam. I think Steam is a gret decision. I don't think the main reason for Steam was for security and anti-piracy reason. I believe that Steam could revolutionize independent companies.

This is important, especially if you're a very small company that can't even get a publisher. We don't need Vivendi, FOX, Viacom or any of those greedy idiots running the video game industry now do we? I mean look what they've done to TV and movies! Screw the big corporations, I think Valve was extremely punk rock about getting Vivendi to sign a contract when Valve knew that they didn't know about their plans for Steam - which will take away chunks of money from the evil, right-wing crapheads at Vivendi and Universal, as well as NEWS CORPS, and VIACOM who own them.

216. Why Nov 16, 2004, 17:08 speechrut

why are people trying to get support from FORUMS. There's a whole support/bug report tool on steampowered.com
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/entry.php
Just "Login" create a new account, and create a ticket with your issue, or browse the common issues. When I had my problem, they got back to me in under 5 minutes.

535 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo