Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2

As noted on Steam News Half-Life 2 is now officially available at retail stores throughout North America. Though Valve's highly anticipated sequel has been available early at some over-caffeinated stores (story), the online activation process is now underway, and copies of the game purchased at stores or online via Steam can now be unlocked by restarting Steam:

Half-Life 2 is available now for purchase and to play. Those who pre-purchased their copy via Steam may access the game by restarting Steam, then double-clicking on the Half-Life 2 icon in their Steam Games directory. To purchase your copy via Steam, get Steam now.

We hope you enjoy it!

View
537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

397. Re: What would be interesting is Nov 17, 2004, 11:47 Gandhi

The worst is knowing that almost all the people that are playing are enjoying it and raving about it.

I am at work and am currently going through HL2-withdrawal

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

396. What would be interesting is Nov 17, 2004, 11:44 Bronco

How many people that are having problems playing the game fall into each of these groups:

• Signed up for steam at least 48 hours before release, downloaded the game via steam before release, paid via steam before release.

• Signed up for steam at least 48 hours before release, purchased game via retail.

• Signed up for steam on the day of release, downloaded the game on day of release, paid via steam the day of release.

• Purchased the game via retail, signed up for steam on the day of release.

• I wonder how many people that signed up, downloaded and paid before the storm hit are having issues.

I feel for people that expected to buy the game retail and did not realize that a Steam account would be required. I knew it was as I'm sure many others do. That doesn't help those that for whatever reason did not know or thought that they could do all of this at the last second.

The worst is knowing that almost all the people that are playing are enjoying it and raving about it.

edit - clarity

-TPFKAS2S
    http://www.braglio.com
    teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k
    http://boards.chatbear.com/wowbng
    - The House of Blue WoW Guild Message Board

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 11:50.

-TPFKAS2S

395. HAHAHAHA Nov 17, 2004, 11:34 S_DOG34

Wtf...this thread is 400 posts of maplebob, harbinger of death, tanto, and professional bitching. I fart in your general direction. I'm glad HL2 and steam don't work for you, because you don't deserve to enjoy it's greatness. Please, stop playing videogames and posting on this forum. The world will not miss any of you. In fact, it will be a better place. So go play this cool game called seppuku and rid us all of your bitching.

394. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 11:24 nin

Actually, he's an American come into another country to kick out the current government because he thinks it's evil and planning on building large weapons.

Bingo!

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

393. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 11:06 Beamer

The main character is defending his homeland against external invaders, but he is NOT a terrorist, but -gasp!- a GOOD GUY!! I wonder how Valve wants to explain such an illogic story to the american players? Or is there a special version for the US market, where you play an occupational force guy? "Not-opposing alien force"?

Actually, he's an American come into another country to kick out the current government because he thinks it's evil and planning on building large weapons.

How does this not fit into America?

-------------
    Music for the discerning:
    http://www.deathwishinc.com
    http://www.hydrahead.com
    http://www.painkillerrecords.com

392. Re: long threads Nov 17, 2004, 11:03 MindTrigger

Yeah, this thread is livin large.
    This comment was edited on Nov 17, 11:04.

--
    He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

391. long threads Nov 17, 2004, 10:58 Jim

Wow, when was the last time we had nearly 400 posts on one topic?

Jim

390. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 10:56 Gandhi

For all you folks who are still having problems getting this game activated, I feel sorry for you because you are missing out on a great game. But at the same time, your complaints make you look like a bunch of wankers.

That is all

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

389. Re: Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 10:15 MindTrigger

I wonder how it is that Blue's forum seems to attract every cry baby, prozac requiring, chest beating monkey that games online. I've never heard more rediculous arguments and whining in one thread in 10 years of online gaming.

What a joke.

You people would find something to whine about if you won the god damned lottery....

"OMFG, This Lottery is bullshit, I have to share half this $200 Million with some other winner. #@$& Steam, Valve, Newell and the #$@&ing lottery!"

--
    He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

388. Got the story, USians? Nov 17, 2004, 09:54 mark

The main character is defending his homeland against external invaders, but he is NOT a terrorist, but -gasp!- a GOOD GUY!! I wonder how Valve wants to explain such an illogic story to the american players? Or is there a special version for the US market, where you play an occupational force guy? "Not-opposing alien force"?

387. HDR? Nov 17, 2004, 09:07 Panick

So I'm playing HL2 a while and come to the place where Valve showed of their HDR and lightning effects. An attic of some sort that goes out to a roof where a big alien stood. Well it doesnt look at all like I saw it in the bink video. No options for it in the settings, so I search for some way to activate it in the cfg's. Nothing there, so I search the web and find: "It's a shame Valve removed both HDR and lighting effects from Half Life 2"

This is from PC Gamer supposedly? I never read it so I don't know. Is this old news or what?

--------------
    Always expect the worst and you will never be dissapointed

386. Half Life 2 4 Life Nov 17, 2004, 07:44 Toxic_Metal

W00t! W00t!

Finally Vampire can be released.

Activation is a pain in the ass! I miss good old install and click to play - none of this unlocking crap.

Their freedom was taken away as they crashed . . .

Their freedom was taken away as they crashed . . .
    -- "So Long, and thanks for all the fish..."

385. Re: OMFG!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 04:16 MapleBob

Okay, now that I got the GAME working, how do I make sure the STEAM NAZIS don't load shit on my machine?

I have zone alarm, can I shut 'em down with that?

384. Re: OMFG!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 03:47 MapleBob

Okay, finally got in.

Half-Life 2 is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

Steam is shit.
    Valve is a bunch of NAZIS
    and Gabe Newell is the anti-Christ

Now if I can just seperate H-L2 from Steaming pile.

383. HL2 Nov 17, 2004, 03:40 Da Stylin' Rastan

Just stopped by to say that HL2 is frickin' suhweet! all these years of long waiting have been so worth it. GoTY winner for me right here.

Only thing bad I can say about it is the loading stops. Completely ruins the immersion, you think they would have streamed the next level while you play the current one. Aside from that, no complaints. Fucking awesome! My deepest condolences to those who are having problems. You *know* what you're missing

-DSR <---fuck sleep, it's Half Fucking Life Deuce!

382. Re: MULTIPLAYER!!! Nov 17, 2004, 03:18 jm0ris0n

Sweet !

381. MULTIPLAYER!!! Nov 17, 2004, 03:11 Dignan

http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=15325&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

check it out, Multiplayer!

380. Re: Vampire: Nov 17, 2004, 03:07 PHJF

OK...to summarise this thread:

-HL2 rocks!
    -HL2 is crap!
    -Steam will free us from the evil publisher overlords
    -Steam sucks!
    -Gabe is fat!
    -We can't register with Steam!
    -We registered fine over Steam
    -How could anyone have expected Steam to lack bandwidth on the first day of release?
    -How could Valve underestimate the bandwidth needed on the first day?
    -Quite a few people are jealous of some eyepatch wearing, parrot carrying folks who don't have to deal with Steam
    -Vampire:Bloodlines is a better game!
    -WTF is this Bloodlines people are talking about? I've never heard of it until this day!?
    -Bloodlines sucks

LoL

Cmon you lazy shits, we need 500 posts here. Keep jabbering.

------
    “The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

379. Vampire: Nov 17, 2004, 02:46 jm0ris0n

Are there any vampire reviews out there ?

Bob...did you ever get that drink

378. Re: OMFG!!!!! Nov 17, 2004, 02:43 MapleBob

Okay now I got the goddamned steam thing fucking going but I can't get it to take the fucking key. It looks nothing like the fucking 1111-22222-blah lah alh

I HATE YOU GABE NEWELL, YOU FUCK!

537 Replies. 27 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo