Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

BloodRayne 2 Demo

The Official BloodRayne 2 Website now offers downloads of a BloodRayne 2 demo, showing off the upcoming PC edition of Terminal Reality's Vampiric action sequel. Word is: "We previously released the Meatpacking level for Xbox players but you PC gamers get a special treat--a new level unreleased in demo form. Now you can experience the Mansion where Rayne dons her vampy black dress from the game's cover art." The site requires registration for downloads, but the 476 MB demo is also now mirrored on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Boomtown (registration required), FileFront, Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), and Worthplaying.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 20:00 Midnight

Dissapointing. The controls are needlessly awkward. All they needed to do was copy the control scheme from Oni (hey, it may have had some lousy design, but the fighting system was excellent) - but instead we have this standard console port where your mouse *only* controls camera view instead of the character's POV. It destroys any sense of immersion.

Rayne herself is yet another typical, horrible, game-babe. Sleazy outfits, unbelievable boobs and tacky one-liners. I'm sick and tired of them, they do terrible harm to the gaming industry and the sooner we get rid of them the better. We'll *never* get taken seriously as an artform if this keeps up.

You don't want interesting games that actually make you think and use your head. For they are too taxing on the tiny brain cells of the average stupid gamer. Hahahaha.

Fascinating, so you think this game requires brainpower? No, it requires constant key/button mashing, some good reflexes and a lot of luck. This, plus Rayne, makes this a game designed specifically for the average stupid gamer. The ones with brains are off playing Deus Ex, or Rome: Total War.

http://www.davidcsimon.com

http://www.crimsondark.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 16:30 Bill Borre

I didn't think the camera was too bad, though it did seem to have this weird habit of dropping POV lower than I remember it doing in the original game. Maybe that's due to its console roots.

34. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 11:51 chili pepper

Whats wrong with you people?

This game rocks the house! I agree about the camera and conrols. They feel awkward at first. However, after playing through a few levels they began to feel totally natural to me.

Personally, I like a game that has a significant learning curve. It's a rewarding feeling after you've finally mastered it. The full game will be even more challenging to master because of the new moves. Typical shooters which take 2 seconds to learn to play offer no challenge, and which is why they are boring as hell to play.

Well I guess thats what the masses demand. Give them simple, mindless dumb-downed crap like Doom 3, Far Cry, UTK4, and they're happy than pigs in sh*t. You don't want interesting games that actually make you think and use your head. For they are too taxing on the tiny brain cells of the average stupid gamer. Hahahaha.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 11:53.

33. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 11:30 Bill Borre

Yeah, I agree with Sixis in that it felt more sleazy to me than sexy, with all the bondage and goth stuff. I thought 'carnage' was cool, though. Sorta like 'style points' for dispatching enemies in interesting ways. It would be cool if a game came with an auto-Matinee (from Unreal Tournament) where it would automatically record the 'carnage' type kills with a mouse drag camera view where the user could setup the playback and upload the files to the net where other players of the game could download them and view them and maybe incorporate new moves into the game. The physics engines of games are getting pretty sophisticated now and I'm sure many players are coming up with clever ways to dispatch enemies that would be fun for other players to view.

32. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 10:37 Sixis

I didn't have sound bug, but the controls stink of console. Also, the use of boobs and blood doesn't come off as sexy, it really feels sleazy, like having a game company guide your hand as you....anyway, bring on the HL2 pr0n!  

31. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 09:03 Bill Borre

Virge has hit the nail on the head. I liked the first one, but from the demo at least, the sequel looks to be disappointing. Now there's something new and different. I liked the feeding fatalities, though. But are they all implemented in the demo? I can't get the mouse B2 and the spacebar based ones to work.

30. So does that mean..... Nov 13, 2004, 03:51 The Half Elf

If there was a full on boob simulator with havok psyhics, levellord bumpmapping (to those of you who caught the story a while back about the subject) etc.... it would be the biggest selling piece of entertainment next to halo 2?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

29. Re: Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 02:15 Bohica

I think they've got a sound bug in there somewhere
- You think? You THINK? (jk) - Sweet jebus, they've got the mother of all sound bugs in there..... Random stops and starts of the music, voices and effects. Never played such a quiet game.

Looks good, but repetitive gameplay, and major bugs send this to the dust bin.

Doh, learn to close tags

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 02:26.

28. Underwhelming Nov 13, 2004, 01:44 ViRGE

Wow, that was... underwhelming. Although Chili is right that the graphics are pretty good(but !Doom3 quality), that's about all it had going for it. Because it was a console port, it's inherited most of the traditional flaws(odd camera, lower-res textures, etc) on top of a very dated dialog/mouth system, a lack of atmosphere(though I think they've got a sound bug in there somewhere), and generally boring gameplay. After having a chance to play it, I can completely understand the scores the console versions got in their reviews.

27. Blah blah blah Nov 13, 2004, 01:25 Ray Marden

• w00t for tr0llz0rz!

• This game sucks.

• The company knows the game sucks - the only thing they can advertize are T&A

• Frankly, the only thing that sucks more is the company
    Thinking this game is a prime example of what is wrong with gaming,
    Ray

-----
    WILL WORK FOR BROADBAND!!111
    http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
    I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
    http://www.kindafunny.com/
    I love you, mom.

26. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2004, 00:52 Sixis

"Plant. The demo kind of sucks."

He must be a plant, not because he supports the game, but because he made a huge post without 1337 or typos or cursing...

25. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2004, 00:33 Chip

like the girl... hate the game... at least this demo anyway.

(my fan site. Check it out)
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/

---

(my Nexus fan site. Check it out)
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/

24. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2004, 00:31 PHJF

It would appear he is.

Anyways, I enjoyed BloodRayne, but I'm not going to download 500 megs of demo, broadband or no.
    No no no. Put it under the shrink ray and I'll think about it.

------
    “The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23. No subject Nov 13, 2004, 00:01 RazorWynd

chili pepper is working for them...

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

22. Re: StarForce? In a DEMO? Nov 12, 2004, 23:49 Clancy

What is up with that installer--You can't pick a install directory?
    It just so happens that my C drive is pretty much full... Pretty lame.

21. No subject Nov 12, 2004, 23:16 Exitium

Plant. The demo kind of sucks.

20. Re: Won't even be trying this one.. Nov 12, 2004, 22:35 chili pepper

Did I mention the many awesome cut scenes and backstory included in the demo on top of al the other cool stuff? Man, this game is too damn good for mere mortals.

Damn if it isn't the best-looking game I've ever seen. It almost makes Doom 3 and Far Cry look outdated.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 22:36.

19. Re: Won't even be trying this one.. Nov 12, 2004, 22:16 chili pepper

Man, you guys don't know what you're missing IMHO.

This demo totally rocks. To my surprise, it has much more than boobies going for it! It would be a mistake to dismiss BloodRayne 2 as just another Tomb Raider knock-off.

First of all, the graphics in the demo are simply stunning. The screenshots don't do it justice at all. Bloodrayne 2 blows away any game to date in sheer visual style, beauty, and level design. This game is simply a work of art and a joy to look at.

The game includes an advanced physics system, not only ragdoll physics for the models, but a complete physics system for every object in the game world. everything in is destructible: furniture, glass, statues, wood, books, you name it. If you can see it, you can destroy it, and the game is chockful of beautifully rendered objects for you to mess with.

The levels in the demo remind me of the Office level in CS:Source, in terms of the incredible amount of detail and physics going on.

The controls take some time getting used to, but once you make the effort, you wlll be richly rewarded. They become second nature after a while, though the learning curve might be a bit steep initially.

There's a complete fighting and acrobatics system, as well as a selection of firing wapons and some nifty melee weapons. You earn new combo moves and weapons by defeating bosses and various objectives. according to the preview, there are dozens more combo moves, enemy types and weapons in the full game.

This game is a much needed breath of fresh air from the usual run-of-the-mill, run and gun Doom 3-type shooter that have been saturating the market of late.

There's something much more satisfying and visceral about taking out the enemies by pulling off a cool combo move or hacking off his/her libbs with a blade, instead of simply mowing them down with a machine gun ala Doom 3 (boring). This game is truly a work of art and beautiful to look at. The level of interactivity here is comparable to HL2 and CS:Source.

If an action game with jaw-dropping graphics, innovation, awesome physics, a rich combat and acrobatics system and more sounds interesting to you, than give this game a chance!

This demo freaking rocks!

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 22:28.

18. No subject Nov 12, 2004, 21:49 Rictor

It may be stupid, cliched and appeal to the lowest common denominator, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. I tried the demo for the first one, and I'll at least try the demo for this one. Something fast and fun until Half Life 2 gets released.

17. Re: Won't even be trying this one.. Nov 12, 2004, 21:36 Propagandhi

I like boobies ... sorry to offend y'all

I enjoy boobies as much as the next guy, but I don't like to play games who's apparent focus is breasts. They're fun to.. play with.. but they don't make good video games.

*edit* And I don't like being insulted by advertising, either. Showing me a pair of fake CG breasts isn't going to make me go "SWEET GOOGILY MOOGILY THERE ARE BREASTS IN THAT GAME! $50 THIS IS DEFINATELY WORTH!"

It's insulting to gamers in general, and I feel it lowers the standards of the game industry. Boobies instead of innovation is a pretty raw deal...

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 21:38.

I eat pasta!

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo