Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Patch

A patch for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is now available, updating Relic's real-time strategy game to version 1.1. In addition to bug fixes and balance changes, the patch also adds five new multiplayer maps, and word from THQ is: "There are two versions of the patch. The English patch works on English, Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Polish versions of Dawn of War, and the International version works for all other languages." One or both patches are available on 3D Gamers, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, GameSpot DLX (registration required), and Worthplaying.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: I hope this... Nov 7, 2004, 00:29 John

Ah, I'm glad to hear the patch fixes that error. I didn't think about checking the forums, Propagandhi, but that would have been a good idea. I guess they knew a few people were having this error and fixed it soon after I encountered it.

LoL, when I buy an RTS game, the only thing I think of is Multiplayer. I never think of how good/bad single player is or that I'll even complete it.

Interesting.. I'm just the opposite. With RTS games, I rarely play them online. I've tried before but never lasted too long.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Nice Nov 6, 2004, 20:05 lucifer

For a _occasional_ RTS player like myself, this one has a rather nice SP compare to the other RTS released since the last C&C Red Alert ... Oh WC III was OK ...

9. No subject Nov 6, 2004, 11:35 Xero

LoL, when I buy an RTS game, the only thing I think of is Multiplayer. I never think of how good/bad single player is or that I'll even complete it. I usually go into single player first just to see what it's like, then I'll head into skirmish, play about 3 matches, then go into multi where the real fun is. Single player is a bonus that I usually never complete unless it's REALLY that good. I completed the Wc3 RoC and TFT single player just so I could see the cinematics, other than that, I probably wouldn't have.

"This my finest sword. If in your journey you should encounter God, God will be cut." -Hattori Hanzo ~Kill Bill

Currently playing: Sanitarium, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

8. Re: I hope this... Nov 6, 2004, 03:32 Warskull

This should fix all "Fatal Scar Error" occurances.

As for an engrossing single player campaign, well the campaign wasn't bad. It was short, but not bad. The real meat of this game is the multiplayer though. Maybe once the development tools get released you will see some custom user campaigns that satisfy you. Let's fact it though people aren't still playing Starcraft because of its single player campaign. What makes an RTS great is the multiplayer.

7. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 02:25 Kosumo

Is this the patch that gives the game an engrossing single player campaign?

I'm still waiting on the patch for that to windows/Solitaire

6. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 02:23 Lokust

It already has one.

It just needs another three....

5. No subject Nov 6, 2004, 02:12 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Is this the patch that gives the game an engrossing single player campaign?

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

4. Re: I hope this... Nov 6, 2004, 01:44 RTSNut

I had the same bug, but it's fixed now...had a save game that could repro it 100%, and now it works. New MP maps are sweet.

3. I love this game Nov 6, 2004, 01:44 Kosumo

Do you hear the voices too?

2. Re: I hope this... Nov 6, 2004, 00:55 Propagandhi

That's a weird bug, man. I played through the game a couple weeks after it was released and had no such error pop-up for me. Have you checked the dev\publisher forums for some support? Seems unlikely that you're the only one having such a significant bug.  
I eat pasta!

1. I hope this... Nov 5, 2004, 23:36 John

fixes the bug I have on Mission 8. That 'Fatal Scar Error' keeps coming up when I get near the chapel.

This space is available for rent

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo