Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FlatOut Out

The release date has been updated to "Out Now" on the FlatOut Website (thanks Frans, indicating the green flag has been waved for BugBear's racing game today, just as promised when the game went gold (story). Here's a bit on the game:

Developed by Bugbear Entertainment, FlatOut is one of the most spectacular Racing games you'll ever see! Experience the drive of your life as you throw yourself around 45 challenging tracks in one of 16 fully upgradeable cars.

The track environment is subject to the all-encompassing physics system that is unique to FlatOut, and is set to define a new standard in racing games. Fences will shatter, tyre walls will explode, water tanks and barrels will fly across the track into other cars. Every time you lose control, you will truly feel the weight of the car as it collides with and destroys a barn, or smashes into the pack of cars ahead of you, and with 40 deformable pieces on every car sparks are guaranteed to fly!

Anything you destroy or alter stays a part of the race, increasing the carnage to unprecedented levels! Broken fences, free rolling tyres, and even mangled parts of cars are left scattered around the track, increasing the mayhem with every lap.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 20:08 space captain

i think that will be saved for the next GTA, which is probably being developed for next gen consoles

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 20:06 4D-Boxing

Thanks Hump!

19. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 19:58 Scrub6969

What they need to do is take this physics engine, and add it to GTA:SA before it comes out for the pc. Damn ps2 can't handle the physics

18. .. Nov 5, 2004, 19:53 Holliday

Sadly the traction control in the demo is also in the “Pro” mode in the full game. So whenever your rear wheels spin too much your revs will drop.
Not out in the US till next year.

17. Anyone is the US... Nov 5, 2004, 19:35 xXBatmanXx

Find this anywhere yet?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 19:25 ReDeeMeR

WHY NO FRICKING SPLIT SCREEN FOR PC?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

DAMN JOO, STOOPID DEVELOPERZ!!!

15. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 18:24 Razorman

The only way to play online before a patch is to use this program BattleLANv0.5 , i dont have a direct link but google it & there's plenty.  
Come to bed Milly Sue, Daddys ready in his big ole trailer

14. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 18:05 Hump

Off topic: Does anyone know the name of the utility that kind of looks like ICQ but is used to to keep a buddy list for gamers, you can follow your friends to a server etc... I think it's called fire something not sure.

I've seen articles on it on this site but i just can't remember the name.

http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 17:34 4D-Boxing

Off topic:

Does anyone know the name of the utility that kind of looks like ICQ but is used to to keep a buddy list for gamers, you can follow your friends to a server etc... I think it's called fire something not sure.

I've seen articles on it on this site but i just can't remember the name.

12. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 5, 2004, 16:50 Killer Kane

DAMN why do i have to wait til 05 ( my 13yr old son hates racing games despite my efforts , and he LOVES this game as much as me ) ...tonite will be drunkin crash jump compitition with my neighbors !

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 16:51.

11. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 16:23 mr.domino

I hope the controls are as good as they say they are

10. Re: attempting to.... Nov 5, 2004, 16:14 xXBatmanXx

Consoles use region codes like DVDs do. If you want the game now you will either need a mod-chiped or european console, or the PC version.

I understand this.
I am ordering for PC. (note the price difference....)

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 16:35.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

9. Re: attempting to.... Nov 5, 2004, 16:12 kyleb

There wouldn't be any difference would there?

Consoles use region codes like DVDs do. If you want the game now you will either need a mod-chiped or european console, or the PC version.

8. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 15:47 ttlgDaveh

Not unless your Xbox is chipped.

7. attempting to.... Nov 5, 2004, 15:44 xXBatmanXx

order from the UK site and have a US ship to.
There wouldn't be any difference would there?

Most likely won't work, but worth a shot.

/edit: Looks like it works. btw: What is 29.99 uk dollars (euro right?) to US?

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 15:48.

6. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 15:43 Vipermmx

question would the UK version of the xbox game work on my US xbox? Thinking anything is different on UK xbox version? I wonder if VU the US publisher will fix more bugs so it would be better waiting...hmm.

5. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 15:21 Dignan

wow, first game in a couple months where the Gold announcement came before its appeared on the warez sites.

fun ass game

4. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 15:16 Vipermmx

This game is a freaking blast!!! I cant wait to get it for Xbox. Man just the idea car upgrades, drunk games with friends! arrgh.

Need it now!

3. Re: No subject Nov 5, 2004, 15:13 zincthallinide

Exclamation marks make things more exciting!

2. Re: No subject Nov 5, 2004, 14:54 sc0rpy

if you haven't tried the demo it's worth a download.
While i'm not normally a racing fan this game is actually a lot of fun.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo