Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today, of course, is Election Day here in the U.S. The polls have been open around here for a bit already, but when I checked the news, they were not yet projecting a winner (I'm hanging my chad in shame over joking about such a serious topic).

Links of the Day: Foogle. Thanks a-ron.
Stories of the Day: Web news outlets gear up for election.
'Corn Toss' Catching on Beyond Midwest.
Pupil Appeals Harry Potter 'Witchcraft'.
Science!: The big election beta test.
Tidal wave threat 'over-hyped'.
Fossils show climate influencing evolution.
Media of the Day: Cobra Commander for President
Images of the Day: Gordon Freeman Costume.
Auction of the Day: My Very Healthy SPERM for Sale.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
170 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

170. Re: Basketball Nov 3, 2004, 11:48 Warhawk

I never see tix available at games - everyone is looking to buy, not sell.

Do you go up to the guys with signs and ask? Cause in some places it is illegal to say you have tickets for sale, so the code is "I need tickets" is the selling point.

No, but I'm also only there when I have tix and everyone is always asking for them - never thought of that as a possible "code". I'm not about to drive all that way and pay parking to try to buy tix "at the door".

I do know we have more sellout games than just about anyone and tix on ticketmaster (?) are always gone as soon as they are on sale.

I read in the paper this morning that although no contract has been signed, Dish has apparently started carrying the new Comcast channel as the game was a last minute addition to Dish's programming last night. Damn, I wish I'd known.... Oh, well, at least it looks like every game will be available to Dish customers this year! WOOO HOOOO!!!

BTW, does Minny have a sports network/channel that carrys all the Minny games not on broadcast/ESPN? This is the first year for Kings fans to be able to catch all the games other than broadcast/ESPN without paying for League Pass or whatever it's called. We've had a lousy TV deal for quite a while....

* Warhawk *

Hold it. The Schwarzenegger Library?
The Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...
He was President?

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 11:50.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

169. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 11:23 Gandhi

Kill, murder, rape. The American way.

This coming from a guy who calls himself "CreamyBlood"

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

168. Re: Time for a hiatus... Nov 3, 2004, 09:11 Devster

I copied the text from IMDb - they've got it wrong. I didn't look that close when I copied/pasted....my bad.
Always good to consider the source when copy/pasting facts & figures... info... quotes...

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

167. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 09:09 JM

I just don't like Americans anymore... Kill, murder, rape. The American way.

Let me take a moment from my busy schedule of murder and rape to say, FU!

166. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 06:53 CreamyBlood

I guess I meant to say that 'Americans DON'T count'. Anymore, in my opinion, half of you still believe in Bush, so you voted and since it's close, we'll find that Bush wins.

I think we all know that now. But whatever, I just don't like Americans anymore. And Doom 3 blows Halflife 2 out of the water.

Kill, murder, rape. The American way.

CreamyBlood

165. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 06:26 Josh

So, if for some reason Kerry pulls this out, but still doesn't win the popular vote, are we (Republicans) allowed to chant "Selected NOT Elected" for the next 4 years like the Democrats did?  
Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--

164. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 06:17 tron

ugh nothing like waking up and seeing dickhead re-elected.

i dunno what source you are using, but all major news sites are reporting that it is still up in the air, and three states don't have a winner defined yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 06:17.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

163. Americans Stilll Cant Count Nov 3, 2004, 06:08 CreamyBlood

So, it'll take a few days. I have heavy opinions on this, but I'd just like to say that Doom 3 Rules, and HalfLife 2 sucks!

CreamyBlood

And I can't spell!

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 06:11.

162. Re: No subject Nov 3, 2004, 04:41 Hump

ugh nothing like waking up and seeing dickhead re-elected.

gas should *only* be $4 a gallon by spring time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

161. Re: Basketball Nov 3, 2004, 01:18 xXBatmanXx

I never see tix available at games - everyone is looking to buy, not sell.

Do you go up to the guys with signs and ask? Cause in some places it is illegal to say you have tickets for sale, so the code is "I need tickets" is the selling point.

In MN I think it is done by city. I notice guys in MPLS have a license or something around their neck, and it is very cut throat. I work right next to the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul and sometimes have to sell off stuff I can't use. The guys there are asses and make it difficult to say the least. It is not a friendly group.

In Minneapolis, i have found it super easy to buy/sell/trade all tickets very quickly.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

160. Re: Basketball Nov 3, 2004, 01:06 Warhawk

Well, a lot of games are sold out, I would assume they are tomorrow night. I usually just go downtown and buy tix on the street if I can't get the hookup from a contact.

Most of the time (just like Hockey if it was going this year) you can buy tickets for 20% of value once the game starts. There are always tickets available.

I never see tix available at games - everyone is looking to buy, not sell. My father-in-law gets box seats a couple times a year, so I get into a box maybe 1-2 times a year. My wife occasionally gets to get tix through a work friend for a promo night, so maybe 1-2 a year we go to those. I'd say I get to see maybe 2 games a year or so live, with about 30? per year or so on TV, depending.

oh hay. Congrats on 600 posts!

Hey, thanks. I hadn't noticed. As of yet, no nasty initiations....

* Warhawk *

He was President?

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

159. No subject Nov 2, 2004, 23:43 Tim

red

I can't wait for a real eugenics movement, i'm bored by short people.

158. Re: Basketball Nov 2, 2004, 23:22 xXBatmanXx

Well, a lot of games are sold out, I would assume they are tomorrow night. I usually just go downtown and buy tix on the street if I can't get the hookup from a contact.

Most of the time (just like Hockey if it was going this year) you can buy tickets for 20% of value once the game starts. There are always tickets available.

oh hay. Congrats on 600 posts!

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 23:23.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

157. Re: Basketball Nov 2, 2004, 23:16 Warhawk

Loking for tickets now. Have a coulpe people to call. But I want to be there to boo the SOB.

At least you can get tickets. They are next to impossible to get for the Kings...

I don't really like Cassell, but I hope he's OK. I like it better when everyone is at full strength when they play.

And it looks like the Kings lose the opener tonight. Bummer.

I guess there's a more important contest going on tonight that I think my guy will win, anyway.

* Warhawk *

He was President?

156. Re: Looking for that map..... Nov 2, 2004, 23:05 MMORPGHoD

Your right Joe Blow, what was I thinking. 9/11 was the beginning of a plot for world domination by the U.S. It all makes sense now. Thank you for educating the ignorant masses.

155. Re: Looking for that map..... Nov 2, 2004, 22:50 xXBatmanXx

Thanks Bronco.

154. Re: Looking for that map..... Nov 2, 2004, 22:15 Bronco

It was in Flash and you could manipulate the states by clicking on them.

Anyone have that handy?

This one?

http://www.270towin.com/

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k

-TPFKAS2S

153. Re: Crap tard Nov 2, 2004, 22:03 Enahs

Ouch. Sorry to hear it man. I hope you can recover everything you need from your old drive.

Thanks!

Speaking of wonky computer parts that just go out for no apparent reason, did the new motherboard get everything up and running smooth again?

I put the old hard drive in the freezer, will try that trick tomorrow and see if I can recover some of the data, here’s to hoping it will work!

Except for losing the data I need, and having to spend money I was not planning on, I got a nice new faster and larger hard drive!

To top it off, I have not been feeling “great” lately, I thought I was just tried but now I am positive I am getting “sick”.

Just not a good day for me!

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

152. Off topic (CounterStrike!) Nov 2, 2004, 21:22 Sixis

Valve has just released a new patch, here's what they say it does:

STEAM CLIENT CHANGES / ADDITIONS:
# Added Tools section to Steam UI
# Fixed Japanese, Thai, and Russian characters drawing incorrectly under Windows 98
# Fixed DoD:S showing up in the Steam monitor as downloading
# Fixed HL2 preloading stuck at 89% for some users
# Fixed condition causing "non-zero size of m_uMallocedBlock" message

Shouldn't it be illegal to post election returns until at least the west coast is done voting!?!

151. Re: Looking for that map..... Nov 2, 2004, 20:58 Bunko

That had the states on it with the ersults from last year.
It was in Flash and you could manipulate the states by clicking on them.

Anyone have that handy?
It was up on Gallup.com but they appear to have taken out the state-manipulating capabilities.

http://citizenb.com/ - Shameless website plug.
Some men get the world. Others get ex-hookers and a trip to Arizona.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

170 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo