Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metalheart: Replicants Rampage Demo

The Nicolas Games Website now presents a Metalheart: Replicants Rampage demo, offering the chance to sample Akella's upcoming RPG featuring turn-based combat. The site is Polish, but the demo supports English/German/Russian languages. The download is 171 MB. Thanks Frans. The download is now mirrored on Gameguru Mania, hrej.cz, and Worthplaying.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: ATI question Nov 1, 2004, 15:55 SebCain

Ugh man. This tries to copy Fallout so bad, they even have scorpion stingers as loot from the scorpions you kill. Even the handgun the chick uses looks exactly like the one in Fallout. Unfortunately, trying to copy fails miserably and the demo is terrible. If the poorly translated dialogue doesn't make you quit, the other parts will. Woulda been nice to have a Fallout-type game that was well done, but this doesn't even come close. To those thinking of downloading it, don't bother. Save your bandwidth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Well.. Nov 1, 2004, 13:45 Evil Timmy

I'm inclined to agree with Paranoid, after about an hour of messing with it. You'd think that, given seven years and massive advances in computer technology, they'd be able to pull off something that even comes close to Fallout. Instead, the interface is big, clunky, and ugly, and the graphics are bland and under-detailed (FOT looks better than this). The gameplay mechanics are awful, especially the way combat works. Also, the dialogue is clearly translated and not translated all that well; a few bits are confusing and it all sounds like it was written by a pre-teen kid. I hadn't heard of this game before today, and with this pile of steaming sorry-excuse-for-a-demo, I'm not going to bother keeping up with it. I guess I'm stuck waiting for Bethesda.

25. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 08:51 [AIX]Hood

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=21119

24. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 07:15  Xymph 

Wait, Frans submitted the news.. why didn't he put it up on 3DGamers?
There's no 3D gameplay in it, so as our name implies, the title falls outside the coverage of 3D Gamers.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans

23. Well.. Nov 1, 2004, 03:08 Paranoid Jack

.. it's obviously a poor excuse for a Fallout clone. But don't let my few comments stop you from checking it out. I only played it about ten minutes or so and wanted to post my first impressions before I go to bed.

First off... it is supposed to be turn-based combat. Yet Metal Heart seems to stay real time unless the creature gets close range then it switches to TB... but only after the game gives the creature (giant scorpion) enough time to get in close. Then it switches to some weird form of TB letting the creature get first dibs on attacking you now that it is nice and close.

Second... the day night cycle seem to run ten times too fast. Though the setting is another planet from what I got out of the corny dialog. That brings me to third...

Third... the dialog is... well like a sixth grader wrote it as a soap opera script. I hope that describes it close enough. Well after your twelve-hour downloads (if you are lucky) you will see for yourself. If I can get beyond the cheesy dialog I may spend some real time (a few hours) trying to find some game play pleasure in this demo tomorrow.

If anyone else digs deeper and doesn't find anything under the top layers of cheese... please post a warning so that I don't waste a couple hours of my time.

22. Re: How I got Sony back Nov 1, 2004, 02:33 Riker

Game looks very promising, but what the FUCK is with sites not giving a torrent link? Get with the times! And a 15-user max FTP site?? ARGH!

21. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 01:25 AcidDrone

game probably sucks anyway.

20. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 01:09 Bucky

Wait, Frans submitted the news.. why didn't he put it up on 3DGamers? Does the site have some kind of exclusive rights to the demo or something? It sure isnt doing any good if no one can download it. heh

My guess is that Nicolas Games didn't bother to upload the file anywhere else first, so 3DGamers is stuck trying to get the file the same way we are.

19. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 00:44 John

Hmm, how 'bout everyone stop trying to download it except one person so it can be shared.

Wait, Frans submitted the news.. why didn't he put it up on 3DGamers? Does the site have some kind of exclusive rights to the demo or something? It sure isnt doing any good if no one can download it. heh

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 00:49.

This space is available for rent

18. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Nov 1, 2004, 00:16 Bucky

I'm waiting for a major site to pick it up, both links keep crapping out on me.

I haven't had this much trouble downloading a demo since I was on a 56k. *shudder*

17. Re: Not a FanBoy or Hater Oct 31, 2004, 23:41 Protoz

No one can get it...I'm STILL downloading after the download froze twice...grr

16. Re: D'oh! Oct 31, 2004, 23:29 John

And 12 hours after the demo was posted, there still aren't any reviews of it.

Has no one tried it yet?

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 23:30.

This space is available for rent

15. Re: D'oh! Oct 31, 2004, 20:26 MacD

Shoulda waited to post that link You saved about 12 hours off my download though, so thanks!

14. Re: D'oh! Oct 31, 2004, 20:00 Protoz

yea my download started around 150k/s but after I posted it has dropped to 40...get off i got it first

13. D'oh! Oct 31, 2004, 19:56 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the mirror but I am begining to wonder if they even have braodband over there...

12. No subject Oct 31, 2004, 19:47 Protoz

Bet on Soldier does look pretty cool!

Doubt it will get a US release unfortunately

11. Re: No subject Oct 31, 2004, 19:37 [AIX]Hood

There's some other good stuff on that page as well: http://hrej.cz/betonsoldier&p=gallery

10. No subject Oct 31, 2004, 19:29 Protoz

Found a mirror

http://hrej.cz

Thanks Petr Polacek for sending an e-mail to me quickly, with your site,after I posted.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 19:55.

9. --- Oct 31, 2004, 19:22 Briosafreak

This thing needs mirrors fast, it`s exasperating

Anyone tried it yet?

http://fallout3.wordpress.com/

8. No subject Oct 31, 2004, 18:59 Protoz

Has anyone gotten in yet??

If so send it my way

MSN: lordnikon2099@hotmail.com

I'll be your friend!