Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rebel without a Pulse Announced

After a false start earlier today (story) Aspyr now offers the official announcement of Rebel without a Pulse (thanks HomeLAN Fed), the debut title from Wideload Games:

AUSTIN, TX (October 28, 2004) - Aspyr Media, Inc., an entertainment publisher delivering fun in the form of games, music and DVDs, and game developer Wideload Games, Inc. today unearthed their upcoming game, Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse". Guaranteed to turn some heads, this third-person action game is an original IP by Bungie Studio veterans that uses an updated Halo™ engine to deliver a stirring tale of one man's hunger for love, justice...and brains. The game will be a cross-platform release, including Xbox, PC and Mac, and will be published worldwide in summer, 2005.

In this game, players take on the role of the rebel himself – Stubbs, a wisecracking Zombie who takes on an ultra-modern city of the future using nothing but his own carcass and the weapons of his possessed enemies. The game’s tongue-in-cheek humor, innovative combat and strong storyline keep Stubbs the Zombie’s gameplay as bizarre and unpredictable as its namesake.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 16:29 Scud

If you are not bitter, spiteful, and are more knowledgeable about games than all developers combined, ever, and don't and pass this jaded cynicism on at every opportunity, you should leave Blues News forums NOW.

For that matter never bother showing up in any gaming oriented forum, or usenet or the web, ah hell just don't use the net anymore.
Now that I see what the game is about the title makes more sense, if the game follows through with that tounge in cheek nature then it could be fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 11:05 ReDeeMeR

Well if they tried to run from microfuckinsoft then they make it to far, screenshots seem to be from the xbioch.

10. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 06:31 Ihya

Wow, someones pointlessly bitter and spiteful for no discernable reason.......

If you are not bitter, spiteful, and are more knowledgeable about games than all developers combined, ever, and don't and pass this jaded cynicism on at every opportunity, you should leave Blues News forums NOW.

9. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 05:54 Evil Timmy

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/rebelwithoutapulse/screens.html?page=3

"...remove the head, or destroy the brain."

8. No subject Oct 29, 2004, 04:34 aldo_14

Ex Bungine Employees, I take it this is the group who would rather eat shit than work for Mircosoft.. So they started wideload..

Bungie were all Mac Fanatics once.. Doesn't surpise me that a bunch of Macies couldn't come up with a better name.. I bet this will be in the bargin bins within the first 2 weeks.

Wow, someones pointlessly bitter and spiteful for no discernable reason.......

7. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 03:45 Hollowguy

Wideload is the new game development studio founded by Alexander Seropian, industry veteran and founder of Bungie Studios of Halo, Myth and Marathon fame.

www.wideload.com

6. No subject Oct 29, 2004, 03:11 Midnight

Love the title and the concept - this one has potential! Nice to see something a little different...

Anyone know *which* Bungie vets are working on it? BUngie's earlier work had better stories/humour than Halo. I still find myself occasionally quoting Durandal from the Marathon series...

http://www.davidcsimon.com

http://www.crimsondark.com

5. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2004, 00:19 the_culture

Gamespot has a few screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/rebelwithoutapulse/screenindex.html

Alex
-----------
Spatial Fear
Director/Creative Designer
http://www.planetunreal.com/le/sf/

4. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2004, 23:54 Zadillo

Sounds cool..... I love the concept, and I love the quirky sense of humor in some of Bungie's older games, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this. And I think that's a great title in general, and especially for a zombie game (is it possible that the people who don't like the title aren't familiar with the movie it's a pun on, "Rebel Without a Cause", or do they just not like it anyway)?

3. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2004, 23:00 CountLovE

Ex Bungine Employees, I take it this is the group who would rather eat shit than work for Mircosoft.. So they started wideload..

Bungie were all Mac Fanatics once.. Doesn't surpise me that a bunch of Macies couldn't come up with a better name.. I bet this will be in the bargin bins within the first 2 weeks.

2. No subject Oct 28, 2004, 22:42 Elf Shot The Food

Best title for a game since Wargasm.

1. No subject Oct 28, 2004, 22:36 Sty

The flood of zombie games is coming.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo