Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: A Perfect Circle Oct 28, 2004, 03:58 Trev

I feel the album is good.

Imagine is great. Passive feels like a true APC track. Counting Bodies like Sheep to the Rhythm of the Drums is actually surprisingly good. Fiddle and the Drum is good as well. Actually I like the album very much.

Trevor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. World Series Oct 28, 2004, 00:33 Jim

The curse is over. Congratulations to the 2004 World Series champions, the Boston Red Sox!

Jim

50. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 28, 2004, 00:29 Warhawk

So the WS is almost all over but the crying.

I'm not a big MLB fan but I wanted the Sox to win. Congrats!

* Warhawk *

Johnny, what can you make out of this?
This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

49. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 28, 2004, 00:27 Josh

has anyone played guild wars, and if so, is it any good?

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Still waiting for Enahs to come kick my ass--

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--

48. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 28, 2004, 00:20 Sixis

Congrats Boston.

I don't even know if I believe in the goat now...

47. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 23:28 Halsy

Heh, you're welcome. I definitely need to pick up the classic SNL with that sketch on DVD. That sketch never fails to make me laugh my ass off. Parliament has always had its share of Douchebags!

So the WS is almost all over but the crying. Damn, I love to be in Bawstun for the post-game celebration. Any wagers on how many people the cops will kill tonight? Lunar eclipse and the BoSox breaking the curse in the same night? Some shit going down somewhere.

"Oh, meltdown. It's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus."
- Monty Burns
This comment was edited on Oct 27, 23:29.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

46. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2004, 22:57 Bunko

I <3 Pink Floyd. Quite possibly more than anything else on this planet.

http://citizenb.com/ - Shameless website plug.
Some men get the world. Others get ex-hookers and a trip to Arizona.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

45. No subject Oct 27, 2004, 22:33 WarPig

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag, and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

GO SEAHAWKS!

44. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 21:48 WarPig

The Damster gives the BoSox the lead! Go Sawks!

Caveman outfielder! I love that guy.

Btw Halsy, thanks for the inspiration, I was blanking on a new sig.

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag, and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

GO SEAHAWKS!

43. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 21:06 Devster

Ah, TMQ. :-)

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

42. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 20:44 Halsy

The Damster gives the BoSox the lead! Go Sawks!

"Oh, meltdown. It's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus."
- Monty Burns

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

41. Re: It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 20:16 Halsy

It wouldn't surprise me if this changes. Hell, the Sox winning a pennant for the first time since 1918? Everything going on right now reminds me of Ghostbusters...

Dr. Peter Venkman : This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor : What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr. Raymond Stantz : What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman : Exactly.
Dr. Raymond Stantz : Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler : Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore : The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman : Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

- Monty Burns

- Stephen Colbert

40. It's all up to the Packers Oct 27, 2004, 19:41 WarPig

Stupid yet weird stat of the day:

Since the Redskins became the Redskins in 1933, the result of the team's final home game before the presidential election has correctly predicted the White House winner. If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

What the hell, it's 5:00 somewhere.

GO SEAHAWKS!

39. Re: Hmm... Oct 27, 2004, 19:05 Bunko

Hit CNN again. It looks like ol' Yasser is on the way out.

38. Re: Hmm... Oct 27, 2004, 18:38 Halsy

If it wasn't for the mess Bush has made with Iraq and his unconditonally coming out for Israel it would have been a good thing to see Arafat gone. There's a reason why the U.S. has always tried to maintain an offical neutral status in the Palestinian issue up untill now, and Bush made a big mistake picking sides here. As it stands now, it'll just cause more strife. There's been a lot of power struggles going on within the P.L.O. within the last few years that Arafat has managed to keep in check, but a lot of the younger members are pretty fed up with any attempts at restraint precisely because of Bush and Sharon's cowboy attitudes.

Israel's saber rattling and making noises about attacking Iran to disable their nuclear production facilities only adds fuel to the already raging fire. While the Knesset approved the Gaza pullout, it's largely symbolic and won't make much of a difference. There also some major problems developing with Israel, Syria and Palestine over water rights that's doing nothing to help things.

The whole thing has always been a mess, but things are getting really bad. Things seem to be approaching a critical mass, and Arafat kicking off now could really destablize things further. That's the only reason Israel hasn't assassinated him yet. I'm afraid the situation is bound to get worse before it gets better. America and Israel need to get off the unilateral track for things to improve. And that really hinges on the outcome of the U.S. election. As the great Israeli general, Moshe Dayan said "If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends, you talk to your enemies".

Speaking of which, if you want a really interesting read about a really interesting man which gives a brilliant overview of a lot of this stuff going on over there (gives you the historical context which helps clarify what's happening now), read Moshe Dayan's autobiography.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0306804972/qid=1098916120/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-8861934-7345656?v=glance&s=books

So to summarize, Arafat being gone in the short term is a bad thing and good in the long.

- Monty Burns

- Stephen Colbert

37. Re: A Perfect Circle Oct 27, 2004, 18:28 Bronco

Hey nin, other fans, have any of you heard eMotive yet? It's a really good album, and turned out much better than I had expected because 'protest' songs generally suck. Luckily, Maynard and crew have a clue and picked good songs to cover. A couple of the stand-out tracks are Imagine, Passive, and Fiddle And The Drum.

I took it for a quick listen and I have to say - meh.

I'm not a big fan of covers and covering a song like Imagine is tough - I've heard it a lot on Stern as he loves it - no go for me.

The one remix on the album sounds a lot like a Manson remix. You can tell Twiggy (Jeordie) is in the band. He is actually an accomplished musician and I'm happy that he is finally getting to express himself.

A small piece of Jeordie trivia - his first band was called Amboog-a-lard -

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/5659/concept.html

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com
teh m4y0r ownz a GabeN b4ckp4k
This comment was edited on Oct 27, 18:28.

-TPFKAS2S

36. Re: Hmm... Oct 27, 2004, 18:14 nin

Is Arafat dying? And is this going to be good/bad for the Middle East peace process? Discuss.

1. Yes.

2. My bet is good. He's had a chance to Do The Right Thing (and try and make peace) for awhile now, and didn't - he's just sat in his little bunker.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35. Hmm... Oct 27, 2004, 17:55 Bunko

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/27/arafat.health/index.html

Is Arafat dying? And is this going to be good/bad for the Middle East peace process? Discuss.

34. Re: Flash click to view Oct 27, 2004, 16:05 complicity

It's actually named Flashblock now, and has been for awhile... but yeah, it's great.
What I want is a plugin with the same functionality for Java applets. The number of times I hit a page and see the gray java box and cup come up... ugh. Then you have to wait for the applet tp finish loading before you close the tab or it freaks out. That's been my experience anyway.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

33. Re: Deadwood Oct 27, 2004, 15:48 ExcessDan

I've been keeping up with Six Feet Under and Dead Like me too. They're pretty good. DLM season finale is next week! I just hope that it doesn't take so long to get to the 3rd season as it did for the 2nd season.

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:
The mayor of your hearts <3<3<3<3<3

ExcessDan

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo