Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Children of the Nile

The holiday gold rush continues, as Tilted Mill Entertainment announces that Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile has gone gold (thanks Frans), and this city construction game from the creators of Pharaoh is expected in stores on November 9. Here's a bit:

In Immortal Cities, you assume the role of Pharaoh, divinely appointed by the gods to lead the people of ancient Egypt, uniting them as you elevate your status and strive to become a supreme and god-like ruler. You design and build glorious cities in which hundreds of seemingly real people live and work in an interconnected societal web, each facet of their lives played out in vivid detail.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: can't wait Oct 28, 2004, 02:25 ExcessDan

maybe you should fine tune your cooking skills then

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:
The mayor of your hearts <3<3<3<3<3

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 23:51 BIGtrouble77

I need the ram for 3dsmax and maya projects- not for games.

Sims2 is just too funny. My goal is to get Jeeves to father over 20 b*stard kids, I know I'm sick. Only thing I hate is that you have to eat 3-4 meals to max out the hunger bar which is such a pain in the ass. One meal should be enough. And if you let that meter go down to nothing your sim dies, which sucks.

8. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 20:35 tron

I picked up a copy of Pharoah a couple months ago

that's when i got it...

a Hypersonic AX7 laptop completely decked out with 2gigs of ram an Athlon 64 3400+, radeon 9700, dual layer burner

snazzy! 2 GB of RAM? do you really need that much, or did you just go overkill because you can? i put 1GB of high-end Corsair 3200 RAM in mine... i figure nothing (gamewise) is using a GB yet, but if i ever need it i can add it in. i also have a 6800GT that i won on EVGA.com. i'm putting a 120GB SATA HDD in the rig, but didn't go with a DVD burner. i just don't have any real use for one at this time.

I snagged a Geforce6800GT when it came out and only use it for the Sims2 so far

how did you like Sims 2?? is it really as good as the reviews make it sound? the guy on AVault was drooling over it...

Doom3 totally bores me

i loved it. played it through twice, and i've played every add-on SP map as well. but, i was the same way with Quake and Quake 2. i have a thing for id single player games. it lets me do things i could never get away with in real life, like run 50 MPH while carrying 500 pounds of guns-n-ammo, slaughtering demons from hell and bio-mechs from other worlds. it's very cathartic.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 20:36.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

7. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 20:22 BIGtrouble77

I picked up a copy of Pharoah a couple months ago but never got around to installing it.

I just bought a Hypersonic AX7 laptop completely decked out with 2gigs of ram an Athlon 64 3400+, radeon 9700, dual layer burner... I just hope my games will support the 16x9 aspect ratio.

I snagged a Geforce6800GT when it came out and only use it for the Sims2 so far. Doom3 totally bores me. I played it the first day and haven't touched it since.

6. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 20:17 BIGtrouble77

I picked up a copy of Pharoah a couple months ago but never got around to installing it.

I just bought a Hypersonic AX7 laptop completely decked out with 2gigs of ram an Athlon 64 3400+, radeon 9700, dual layer burner... I just hope my games will support the 16x9 aspect ratio.

I snagged a Geforce6800GT when it came out and only use it for the Sims2 so far. Doom3 totally bores me. I played it the first day and haven't touched it since.

5. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 20:07 tron

like a huge virtual egyptian empire

did you play any Pharaoh? i'm a big fan of ancient egyptian history, and that game was really cool. it was such an awesome feeling to sit back and look at a city that i spent 3 or 4 hours developing... watching the people going about their lives when i finally had everything fine-tuned enough to just sit back and let the place run itself for a while. it's like: "I did it... I built this... everyone is happy, my approval rating is high, we're prosperous and invincible and the city is beautiful to look at." man, what a sense of accomplishment. it something that i never got from reading Wilbur Smith's books, or Christian Jacq's books, or watching The Mummy or Stargate, even though i love all f those things.

and i'm *really* excited that i should have my kick-ass new P3.2 system built just in time to install this game! newegg shipped my stuff yesterday, i should have it all by thursday or friday!!! man, HL2 and CotN should play great...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

4. Re: can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 19:59 BIGtrouble77

I agree, I sooo sick of playing games that have linear storylines. I need to have something to show for my hours of wasted productivity- like a huge virtual egyptian empire complete with slaves and multiple wives. They really knew how to live it up back then;)

3. can't wait Oct 26, 2004, 19:39 tron

i am really looking forward to this. i played a lot of Pharaoh and had a blast with it, yet i was a bit disappointed by it's shortcomings. the hype for this leads one to believe they fixed all the bad elements of the original. here's hoping CotN is to Pharaoh as Sims 2 is to Sims. not that i play the sims games, but the reviews for sims 2 sound so good i'm tempted to try it.

what makes me laugh is that people here at blue's are constantly bitching about their FPS games lacking in depth, story, character development, complexity, etc... yet there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of comments in each thread about D3 or HL2. and here we have a thread about the release of a game that has ALL of those features people are crying for, and i'm the only one to post in it who is actually looking forward to the game...

edit: oh sure, as i'm typing this someone posts that they're looking forward to it... well, at least i'm not the only one!

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 19:41.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

2. Re: Jesus Oct 26, 2004, 19:34 BIGtrouble77

Despite the retarted name i'm actually interested in this. Children of the Nile sounds so damn sissy.

1. Jesus Oct 26, 2004, 17:51 Stolk

Ok, this gone gold stuff is getting insane today.

Men of Valor gets my buy, since I have that on pre-order.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo