Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    There's a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Q&A on Gamesfire (thanks Oblivion-lost.com) with the English edition of the Swedish site's conversation with Oleg Yavorsky of GSC Game World about their upcoming shooter: "It’s not only of the time constraints, but rather due to some technical problems that we don’t implement the co-op mode. The main problem appears with the life simulation system and the free-playing game world divided into some sub zones."
  • Gearbox COGs
    HomeLAN Fed's Gearbox COGS Q&A is a discussion with Randy Pitchford about the recently announced initiative to hire contract developers following a new method: "I think this industry is in trouble if it cannot provide clear and opportunistic career paths for new talent. The COGS program helps new talent get their foot in the door and prove themselves. I imagine COGS will become a model for other studios."
  • Children of the Nile
    The Children of the Nile Q&A on FileFront chats with Jeff Fiske, design director at Tilted Mill, about their city construction game: "One of our early goals was to revitalize the City Building genre, the way Half-Life revitalized the FPS market. We hope that people see CotN as the way City Building games should have been to begin with. This is not an adrenaline rush game like an RTS but more of an immersive, play at your own pace game."
  • Celia Pearce
    Designer, Artist, Author, Teacher, Researcher – Celia Pearce has done it all on GameZone talks with the Research and External Relations Manager for the Arts Layer of Cal-(IT)² (California Institute for Telecommunication and Information Technology), Associate Director of Game Research at the University of California Irvine, author of The Interactive Book: A Guide to the Interactive Revolution (and more!) about gaming.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Gearbox COGs Oct 26, 2004, 20:25 FourPak

all full-time Gearbox employees share a huge percentage of the profits Gearbox makes off of game sales.
Hope the Jr. developers they're trying to help realize that Royalties are RARE in the industry unless your name is McGee or Carmack. Sad fact is the vast majority of game programmers, 99.99%, get a salary and -zero- royalties from the games they spend years developing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2004, 15:39 Belmont

The Q&A's are humorous but what really kills me are the knot-heads STILL asking "whats the status on co-op"?

Psh, it would not be a Stalker interview if they did not ask that hump and I am sure by now the interviewers are tradition bound so they have to ask.

"Choice and Consequence." Gareth 'Section8' Davies on the key ingredients of an RPG.

3. No subject Oct 26, 2004, 13:28 Hump

I think the total count is up around 18 now. The Q&A's are humorous but what really kills me are the knot-heads STILL asking "whats the status on co-op"?

lol

EDIT: update. total number is.....42:

http://www.shacknews.com/searchresults.x?page=1&swhere=&searchitem=S.T.A.L.K.E.R.+Q%26A

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 13:32.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Those crazy kids at GSC... Oct 26, 2004, 12:24 Ihya

Well the game is finished, so he has to fill in his spare time doing 4 zillion Q&A's

1. Those crazy kids at GSC... Oct 26, 2004, 06:44 Evil Timmy

TBH, I can't remember seeing so many Q&As about a single game, ever. Oleg must have a Q&A session fetish, as you'd think he'd get tired of them after the first hundred or so. It is nice, however, to see devs that actually bother to communicate with their fans, rather than sending out press releases every few months.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo