Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NFSU2 Movie

The Need for Speed Underground 2 Website now offers downloads of a new "Coal Harbor" movie from the upcoming street racing sequel (thanks Frans). The clip shows off more of the game's fender-to-fender racing, afterburners, and in-game advertising, available in either high or low resolutions.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 17:35 LugNut

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.games/10/22/ads.in.games.ap/index.html

nfsu2 tech mentioned for ads...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 17:18 LugNut

Pro,

yes, in that movie in the link, showed the player driving the car hitting just about every wall, one of them, I still can picture in my head, is on the left side of the road, a translucent wall with red arrows, nicer looking, but similar to what was in NFSU. As another said, it's supposed to be a game that is just wide open, no menus for racing, etc, and you pick your fight/race while driving.

So i was more curious about those guiding arrows, and at which point do they show up, since this is a free roaming city.

7. ok fine Oct 21, 2004, 15:42 Tim

Why don’t they make a sequel to Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed? That game was marvelous. NFSU was fun but I felt like a hamster in a habit-trail.

I can't wait for a real eugenics movement, i'm bored by short people.

6. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 15:19 PHJF

Big flashing arrows pointing the way during a street race???

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. No subject Oct 21, 2004, 12:08 Rico

Here's hoping that they add the cops this time, it was severely lacking in the first game.

From what i've read you drive round the city looking for races etc, would be cool to out run the cops on your trips (or something like that)

4. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 11:04 LugNut

I was curious about a couple things on NFSU2.
Lan play?
Replays?
Open Track?

Yes on all 3 according to all the reviews/previews I've read, which, means I will buy the game. Hell I can't wait to be honest.
But I'm curious, because the race in the video was as restricted as any game before it. So i'm curious if it's
1. PS2 version.
2. A race has restricted roads, (boundries, the red arrows), while racing.
Here's to hoping it's still a wide open city without restrictions. I Would like to drive through someone's yard for example ;).

3. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 09:07 WarPig

I just bought NFSU a couple weeks ago for $16 and find myself playing it every night. I hate to admit it but I'll probably finish this game before I ever get around to finishing Doom 3. I don't think I'll be able to wait until this version reaches the bargain bin.

-------------------------------------------------------
What the hell, it's 5:00 somewhere.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. No subject Oct 21, 2004, 07:27 Hump

I should've never sold my FF steering wheel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Nice to see the new nitrous system Oct 21, 2004, 06:47 Evil Timmy

I like the way the new nitrous system works. Seems like it should give a boost (tee-hee) to an often-insane driver such as myself. And, for only being a PS2 version, the video looks pretty good...can't wait to see the PC version in action. Now I'm gonna be playing NFSU2 on the 15th, HL2 on the 16th, and EVE Online's big new content patch (Shiva) on the 17th. While HL2 takes precedence, if I want a breather, it appears I'll have plenty to keep me occupied.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo