Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Counter-Strike: Source Update

Steam News (thanks Tim) has word on a new Counter-Strike: Source update, which adds a couple of fixes to the Half-Life 2 multiplayer game, including a fix for the %n exploit (A.K.A. the !#%!&n exploit).

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Anyone get an e-mail?....... Oct 21, 2004, 12:07 Rusty B

Played CS source for a while round a friends house.

Some of the bugs i saw were appalling, like thr entire team dying as soon as the round began for no reason.

This aint final.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Anyone get an e-mail?....... Oct 21, 2004, 08:47 nin

They are probably pretty pissed.

That is pretty funny.

Just wait. I can just see VU filing bankruptcy and then trying to blame it all on Valve. Boo-hoo-hoo...

www.muse.mu

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Anyone get an e-mail?....... Oct 21, 2004, 01:09 xXBatmanXx

I got an e-mail tonight (Wed Night) from http://newsletter.vugames.com/vu1004vp03 that gives me free overnight shipping if I order online from vugames. Funny. They are probably pretty pissed.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: CS:S Cheats Oct 20, 2004, 14:38 Wazootyman

VAC does not ban till about a month after a cheat has been detected. The principal (I think) is something like those vermin poisons you see that are slow acting, allowing the pests to take it back to the nest and share with everyone.

So, just cuz someone isn't banned immediately doesn't mean they got away with it. Cheaters never know if they have "defeated" VAC till it is too late.

21. Re: CS:S Cheats Oct 20, 2004, 14:22 instant

What worked in ET was that nobody plays it anymore.. Punkbuster does'nt make a damn difference, if at all it makes it harder to detect cheaters.. + it laggs the shit out of all the honest players and gives them technical issues on occasion..

PB is shit.

20. No subject Oct 20, 2004, 13:25 space captain

but that would mean that Valve would have to be smarter than the hackers - and we all know this is clearly not the case

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

19. CS:S Cheats Oct 20, 2004, 12:21 Exitium

It's really stupid how a lot of people on pubs cheat, and VAC doesn't do a damn thing to curb their actions. It would be nice if Valve installed Punkbuster (as well as VAC) to keep those turds out. It worked for Enemy Territory, so there's no reason it wouldn't work for CS:S.

It'd be nice if they patched out those EMPORiO users, too.

18. Re: patching... Oct 20, 2004, 10:58 gaffney

"I am also of the type of flavor that likes to patch myself. Espically when you have so much different hardware out there that the patch sometimes makes your gameplay worse.

I had this happen with the first HL and often used previous patches of the game. Have to sometimes wait and skip 1 or 2 before everything was normal again. Steam has a great concept, but they are really taking control away form the user.

Oh, and is this the patch that........nevermind...the game wasn't fun in the first place."

yeah, i'm on the fence about steam. I like the ability to DL games, and play. But It also reminds me of the days of tribes and tribes 2. they would patch stuff without your consent, and the next thing you know your game doesn't work.

17. Re: CS:S Updates Oct 20, 2004, 10:55 gaffney

"Damnit, it said "Unlocking content" when I started Steam this morning, and I thought it might be unlocking HL2, but noooo just a stupid CS:S update =(

I know HL2 isn't supposed to get out yet, but by looking at valve's track record, I figured someone had screwed up and gave us permission to play HL2 today =)"

yeah, no kidding.... I just about jizzed myself, when the screen said "unlocking Half life 2 content". But i got all excited for nothing. :-)

16. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2004, 10:31 DDI

Wallhacking doesn't make the game unplayable.
Just gives shitty players a leg up, hey atleast it makes them easier to find you so you can kill them.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 10:32.

15. patching... Oct 20, 2004, 10:07 xXBatmanXx

I am also of the type of flavor that likes to patch myself. Espically when you have so much different hardware out there that the patch sometimes makes your gameplay worse.

I had this happen with the first HL and often used previous patches of the game. Have to sometimes wait and skip 1 or 2 before everything was normal again. Steam has a great concept, but they are really taking control away form the user.

Oh, and is this the patch that........nevermind...the game wasn't fun in the first place.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. hax Oct 20, 2004, 09:44 zaq

First, when I discovered the built-in wall hack bug.. my fucking heart sank. I couldn't play one round without being paranoid people were using it against me.

Glad the fixed it, but pissed that valve patches things they never even mention, and I think that forces us to trust steam a little more than necessary. I kind of like the idea of d/ling and installing patches myself.

Also (can't remember your name) I don't have an audigy card.. and my indoor envirments with sound echo really slow down my puter too. #$@%53@#$@#$

I dunno what the fuck thats all about

13. Sound Fix? Oct 20, 2004, 09:23 Parallax Abstraction

Does anyone know if they've fixed the problem with certain indoor environments having very choppy sound on some Sound Blaster Audigy cards?

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
StateOfGaming.org Coming Soon

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

12. No subject Oct 20, 2004, 08:48 space captain

this game is pretty fun... they better update some stuff before HL2 is released tho (more maps, more models, etc) - coz as it stands there is no way its worth that kind of hard cash money as a MP game

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

11. No subject Oct 20, 2004, 08:33 Razerious

I'm glad I don't play much on public servers... I usually play on a private server with my friends. No cheating and a lot of fun Teamspeak adds a lot to the experience (in most online games)

10. Asshole Myg0t Oct 20, 2004, 07:46 TangledThorns

About time, fucking myg0t clan was exploiting the hell out of this.

9. Re: CS:S Updates Oct 20, 2004, 07:09 Viranth

Damnit, it said "Unlocking content" when I started Steam this morning, and I thought it might be unlocking HL2, but noooo just a stupid CS:S update =(

I know HL2 isn't supposed to get out yet, but by looking at valve's track record, I figured someone had screwed up and gave us permission to play HL2 today =)

8. Re: CS:S Updates Oct 20, 2004, 06:13 vacs

I like how Valve's idea of a QA department is myg0t.

Sad but true

7. Re: CS:S Updates Oct 20, 2004, 04:46 Evil Timmy

I like how Valve's idea of a QA department is myg0t.

6. Re: CS:S Updates Oct 20, 2004, 04:45 hebrew_national

WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH THE BUILT IN WALLHACK CONSOLE COMMAND?????

I swear to ....okay. Stopping all Valve related bitching, thats my new resolution.

One last time though before I stop.

Fuck Gabe.
Fuck Half Life 2.
Fuck Steam not letting us play even though its sitting on our computers.
Fuck Vivendi even though I like the French, corporate publishers suck worldwide and they are proof positive.

I do enjoy croissants.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo