Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Riddick Director's Cut Details

This epic-length press release (perhaps it's the director's cut PR) has details on the PC release of the "director's cut" of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay for this winter's holiday season. The release goes into detail about the game's movie tie-in, its roots as a console project, and the hope to expand the franchise in the future, though there's not much on what differentiates the director's cut (also referred to as the developer's cut) from the other versions other than that they have "further refined the experience adding more action, enemies and locations for the player to explore."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Who gives a fuck...I do. Oct 16, 2004, 09:22 Mega Fantasy Sci-Fi PostApocalyptic MMORTRPFPS 9000

But now that doom 3 and half life 2(MIGHT BE) release imminent, I aint give a fuck.

In terms of gameplay, I would have to say I enjoyed Riddick more than Doom3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. No subject Oct 16, 2004, 07:26 Animals for Crackers

Riddickulous!

12. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 16, 2004, 04:00 Awesome Spume

Oh man... I wish I'd have known this before I bought both Rome: Total War and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War!

Dammit, which one should I not like... tough call!

When you decide, can I have the one you hate now?
Actually I've got Dawn of War and surprisingly for me I'm still playing after beating the campaign - I hesitate to mention that the single campaign is very short in case it puts people off, which would be a shame considering how good the game is.

However, I'm also playing Doom3, Far Cry, Undying, Iron Storm and Chrome - off and on. And that's just the FPSes. I have XIII and Dredd vs Death waiting to install. When HL came out I played it SP and Online for a year and a half (which is nothing by CS standards). I don't actually get the chance to play games that much, what with work and court appearances, so I'd be pretty bored if I had to spend 3 months playing nothing but D3 (3 days bored me but I'll finish it eventually). Undying I've been playing in bits and pieces for 8 months now. And any games time I get at the minute is purely WOW Euopean beta. (Hot damn, that game has got it right. You are never without a clear goal.)

If Kobalt has to love only one game at a time it's probably symptomatic of another deeper problem within his psyche. I'm not even going to bother to speculate that nobody loves him and in turn he is emotionally stunted. That would be pointless and essentially self-defeating. Kobalt, I love you, faults and all.

EDIT: oh, and I'll play the Riddick game when it's out too. Who wouldn't want to play (Pitch Black) Riddick? Jeeze.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 04:03.

11. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2004, 03:17 Hump

I've heard rumors that he takes cock in the ass, but so far I have yet to see evidence.

stick your tongue in his ear and buy him a drink, maybe he'll aquiesce.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. No subject Oct 15, 2004, 23:21 Tanto Edge

If I must be a fan boy of anything, it'll be Mark Vincent, or Vin Diesel as he's known.
This man has done what I wish I could do with myself.
I've heard rumors that he takes cock in the ass, but so far I have yet to see evidence.

I've only ever heard good things of this game, and I totally look forward to a PC release! This will be one of the few games I bother to purchase this Christmas.

Maybe if Fable makes it to PC, I'll consider it... but I doubt it will, and I doubt I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

9. Really want multi! Oct 15, 2004, 22:59 MuzixMon

This game would be a tremendous multiplayer game and I was hoping they were going to add it. I owned the Xbox version and was stunned on how well it looked and how they utilized the Xbox's dated hardware... simply amazing! I never completed it though due to the fact I hate console controls so being on the PC should do this game justice! Who would've though such quality would come out of something that Vin Diesel is involved with!!! I think Vinnie's game company has a promising future but I hope they don't think they need him in every game that they release.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

8. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 22:26 PHJF

Well when 2 games come out at the same times, yes you do you fucking tard

Oh man... I wish I'd have known this before I bought both Rome: Total War and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War!

Dammit, which one should I not like... tough call!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 21:42 Propagandhi

Actually, Kobalt, you may find it enjoyable to play more than 1 or 2 FPS games at once, especially if they're of different styles. It's easy to get burnt out on one style of gameplay, once this happens you merely switch games (or go outside, but being a nerd, I have no experience that I could relate in this department).

/Just kidding, I've seen your so called sun
//Not very often (it's the climate, I swear)

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 21:45.

I eat pasta!

6. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 21:21 J/K

Kobalt , Kobalt, .. again you didn't take your pills. naughty, naughty boy you!

5. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 20:43 Kobalt

Yeah because we all know that you're only allowed to like 1 or 2 first person shooters in a year and you have to categorically hate all others.

Well when 2 games come out at the same times, yes you do you fucking tard

4. I give a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 20:12 PHJF

I played it on my friend's Xbox and it was great. A good, mature theme (unlike the stupid toned down movie) and some solid action coupled with great audio and video. Honestly if this was a straight console port it would be good enough, but it would be nice if they come through with the pc additions.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 19:56 Panick

Played this alot on a friends xbox and liked it. Looked very good for...an xbox game. I checked out the PC version screenshots and of course it looks even better! Woho, looking forward to this one.

--------------
Always expect the worst and you will never be dissapointed

2. Re: Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 19:54 Cutedge

Yeah because we all know that you're only allowed to like 1 or 2 first person shooters in a year and you have to categorically hate all others.

Ass.

1. Who gives a fuck Oct 15, 2004, 19:49 Kobalt

Riddick was getting some good word of mouth months ago between the lull of first person shooters between the farcry and doom 3 release. But now that doom 3 and half life 2(MIGHT BE) release imminent, I aint give a fuck.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo