Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War Chat Log

PC Gamer has posted a log of yesterday's chat with the folks at Relic about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. The log is organized into a Q&A format. Thanks Frans.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 23:36 Bearkyn

LightBender... all I can say is: play FireWarrior

Then come back to DOW a happier man

Seriously though (like that will happen), the Dev's have said they felt several Aspects overlapped eachothers roles, so they chose what "felt" the best for this game/balance.
Relic's priorities for DOW seem to be:
1st) Balance
2nd) Fun (thankfully up there with 1 imo)
3rd) Fluffy

Other W40K games in the past have had rules/fluff as 1st. After getting over the "cool TT translation" feeling, they got boring..quickly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 20:36 Zetler

Tried the demo and the game looks great but unfortunately its too much of the standard RTS clickfest for me.

8. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 20:32 LightBender

I love it too, I just wish it had more to do with 40k and less to do with being a plain vanilla RTS crapfest. Relic, your people can READ can't they? Maybe you should have spent some time studying the codexes and reading the many offerings from the Black Library before you bastardized 40k. It's sad that a license with so much potential is watered down into base building-base rushing crap made for ADD babies.

My god, you can't even implement Eldar correctly and you left out several Aspects... ugh.

7. Re: going to be a classic. Oct 7, 2004, 20:24 Bearkyn

most in development still (mods that is). There are some ones out that allow you to play the IG (Imperial Guard) in skirmish.
The better looking mods already have some fine looking rendered models for the TAU and Chaos factions.

www.relicnews.com's forum has links to all current known mods (again, most still a month or so off).

Give this game a couple of months and it will be a pretty mod crazy place... in a good way

One question I still have though.. how are we going to know what mods are being hosted via gamespy (other than player naming game with mod/version). At least battle.net lets mods be transfered from the host in-lobby.
Can't see anything like that for DOW yet.
/cringes

**Fingers crossed**

6. Re: going to be a classic. Oct 7, 2004, 17:09 Grounded

yeah where are some good sites for mods?

I havent had a chance to do much surfing for the game info since I bought it and played it

5. going to be a classic. Oct 7, 2004, 16:17 Bard

i think they got the balance perfect, no babysitting peons etc.

so much fun

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

4. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 16:05 DDI

Which mods are looking pretty damn fine?

3. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 13:06 Grounded

just keep adding races!
I want Imperial Guard and Tyranids!

add em now and charge 20 bucks for em, I would buy!

2. Re: Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 11:40 Ihya

Some of the mods are looking pretty damn fine as well. Relic had better get their expansion going before all the virgin territory is gone!

1. Love this game Oct 7, 2004, 11:10 Tumbler

So close to perfect.. just a few tweaks needed.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo