Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Wanted

The Adventure Company’s WANTED A Wild Western Adventure is Now In-Stores is the press release announcing the North American availability of this western adventure that's already available in Europe:

WANTED: A Wild Western Adventure is the ideal blend of classic graphic adventure and RPG. The incredible graphics and delightful humor are reminiscent of famed Lucas Arts titles such as Monkey Island and Sam & Max. Players will explore eight eye-popping locations and interact with an eclectic cast of more than 30 crazy 3D characters. Gamers are rewarded with more than 40 minutes of real-time 3D cinematic cut-scenes upon solving numerous puzzles and mini-games. The new proprietary engine allows for natural facial expressions and character movement identical to those of today’s best 3D cartoons.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 16:34 FourPak

My posts are just too intellectual, dammit!
intellectual == Good

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 11:53 MrShoop

Sad thing is, this total piece of crap seems to be well reviewed on adventure game sites. It shows how low the genre has sunk.

5. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 11:25 Troll

> That's a nice assessment coming from a man with a name of Troll.

Sigh. Even in trolling I am a miserable failure! My posts are just too intellectual, dammit!

4. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 08:37 Kevlar

That's a nice assessment coming from a man with a name of Troll.

I'm always on the lookout for good old-fashioned graphic adventures, maybe I should check this one out (ignoring the PR).

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 08:38.

3. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2004, 07:24 Troll

This game has been out in Europe as "The Westerner" for some time now. The graphical style reminiscent of the Toy Story movies takes some getting used to, but the game itself is very nice. Not quite a Monkey Island in terms of humor and style, but the logical puzzles make up for it. Certainly much better than the recent Broken Sword.

2. No subject Oct 6, 2004, 06:35 aldo_14

more that 40 minutes of cutscenes!!! Kerayzee 3d characters! 8 (yes, 8!) EYE-POPPING locations! Amazing!(?)!

Honestly, how can people not be rushing to buy it with such amazing, astonishing, astounding features?

1. PR Hype Oct 6, 2004, 05:13 Eye 4N Eye

Wow!!!!....just look at all the PR Hype Keywords in that paragraph.
I just love it when they think we're ignorant of such things

snafu

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo