Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Just a little while ago I caught an odd little movement out of the corner of my eye, which I dismissed as my imagination when I could not locate its source. Minutes later I learned it was not my imagination at all, when a cricket began chirping in my office; I'm pretty sure the movement and the chirping stemmed from the same source. He's quieted down fairly quickly, but this could really get annoying pretty soon... especially since I am sufficiently messy to provide him with plenty of places up here to hide.

R.I.P.: Legendary DJ Scott Muni dead at 74.

Links of the Day: The Great Pigeon Debacle of 2004. Thanks C.
Escher for Real. Thanks G.
How to pick up and carry your iMac G5. Thanks Ant. They don't specify whether to use your hands.
Stories of the Day: Report: Alcohol Accidentally Served To Students. Thanks Ian.
Man-shaped pillow for solo sleeper. Thanks JeffW.
Science!: Slashdot | Caffeine Withdrawal Recognized As Real. Thanks Ant.
Earth's 'hum' springs from stormy seas.
Scientists Try to Find Out What's So Funny About Humor (registration required). We may have the wrong guys on this one.
Auction of the Day: The Bowie High School Marching Band At Your Next Gala! Thanks Kar.
Follow-ups: SpaceShipOne lands after heart-stopping ride.
Pilot Says Private Rocket 'Flew Like a Dream' (registration required).
Janet Jackson still holds TiVo title.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. how to pick up and carry ur mac... Oct 2, 2004, 02:01 M!k3*420

Geeez i though mac was getting smarter after these years they had to grow up.... they have more stupid support then microsoft (thumbsup) ;p  
Who ever told you life was fair ?

Life is a gamble play it hard :p
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. how to pick up and carry ur mac... Oct 2, 2004, 01:59 M!k3*420

Geeez i though mac was getting smarter after these years they had to grow up....  
Who ever told you life was fair ?

Life is a gamble play it hard :p

33. Re: ...try the veal Sep 30, 2004, 23:58 complicity

...I told my husband that I would be home by midnight...
This explains a lot about you, nin.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

32. Re: ...try the veal Sep 30, 2004, 22:12 nin

Two women friends had gone out for a Girls Night Out

Here's one similar, from an email I got...

Out with the girls..........

The other night I was invited out for a night with "the girls". I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!".

Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easy. Around 3a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the damn cuckoo clock in the hall started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution (even when totally smashed), in order to escape a possible conflict with him.

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, and I told him "Midnight". He didn't seem pissed off at all. Whew! Got away with that one!

Then he said, "We need a new cuckoo clock." When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh shit.", cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

http://www.johnwaitethehardway.com/index2.htm

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. No subject Sep 30, 2004, 21:28 cecilkorik

I love eBay. Where else can you find someone willing to pay $70 (once you include shipping) to get a gift certificate for $59.80 of services.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5524168987&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores

30. The pigeon threat Sep 30, 2004, 20:18 Gervaise

More on the pigeon threat to humanity:
http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/30/nberry30.xml

Thought it was a little funny.

29. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2004, 19:09 MeatForce

I don't need a study to tell me caffeine withdrawal is real. Try having a conversation with me any morning where I haven't had my coffee.

As generalizations go, one of the safest is that people who speak very much during their first cup of coffee in the morning have serious emotional disorders. And people who speak at all before their first cup are perverts.

Want to get a jump on the day? Good luck. The only way to do this is to approach it from ambush. Keep quiet. Let it think you're paying no attention at all, and it will get on with its chores.

The minute it has its back turned, cold-cock it with the coffee pot. That'll keep it out of your way.

-----
"... this has ALL been done before, better and by people who are slightly more competent than a pack of one eyed gerbils on acid."
This comment was edited on Sep 30, 19:09.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

28. ...try the veal Sep 30, 2004, 18:05 Killer Kane

Two women friends had gone out for a Girls Night Out, and had been decidedly over-enthusiastic on the cocktails. Incredibly drunk and walking home they need to pee. They were very near a graveyard and one of them suggested they do their business behind a headstone.

The first woman had nothing to wipe with so she took off her panties, used them and threw them away. Her friend however was lucky enough to salvage a large ribbon from a wreath that was on a grave and proceeded to wipe herself with it. After finishing, they made their way home.

The next day the first woman's husband phones the other husband and said, "These damn girls night out have got to stop. My wife came home last night without her panties."

"That's nothing," said the other. "Mine came back with a card stuck between the cheeks of her butt that said, 'From all of us at the Fire Station, We'll never forget you.'"

27. Cricket Sep 30, 2004, 17:09 Halsy

That's just not cricket, old chum.

Fancy a game of cricket?

"I never saw a dame yet that didn't understand a good slap in the mouth or a slug from a .45."
- Bogart, Play it Again Sam

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

26. game-trained Pigeon Hunter Sep 30, 2004, 16:56 FourPak

You know you play too many Stealth Shooters when...
I crept toward its lair, intent on taking back what is mine! Licking dry lips, I snuck toward the back of its hiding place, and shone my light in! (it was empty) Instinctively I swung the light around in a low arc, thinking the creature meant to attack me from behind,

25. Re: Earth's hum, other Sep 30, 2004, 15:52 Warhawk

The reason the Earth is humming is obvious, of course... it doesn't know the words. bah-dum-BUM.

Classic.

* Warhawk *

"Uh...Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal."
"What happened?"
"Had a slight weapons malfunction but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're all fine here, how are you?"

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

24. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2004, 15:15 banddirector

The Bowie High School Marching Band plays no Bowie...I'm disappointed.

My HS marching band *can* do Bowie, and I'd charge A LOT less - - but then again I don't have that size of group (geez, everything is bigger in Texas ...)

------------------------------------------------
I am a spreader, and I like pop tarts, and I'm not an unwashed heathen.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

23. Re: cleveland sports woes Sep 30, 2004, 14:58 complicity

As part of a rookie hazing ritual, Denney was wearing a Southern California cheerleader's outfit, including the high white boots
Hazing ritual, riiiiiiiight.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

22. cleveland sports woes Sep 30, 2004, 14:50 tron

sure, it's not bad enough that my Browns have lost 7 starters already this year, but now members of the Indians are being *shot* and saved by cheerleader boots?!?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1891804
...sheesh...

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

21. Re: Random Question Sep 30, 2004, 14:40 tron

Have we seen anything from the new company formed by some big-wigs leaving Blizzard? It's been a while now hasn't it?

funny, i just had this same thought a week ago... i went to their site, but nothing much of interest is posted... reminds me of when those guys left lucasarts and started their own company (something like Infinite Machine or somesuch) and they never did anything... here's hoping Roper and co put something out for us to enjoy someday... here's a link to the site:
http://www.flagshipstudios.com

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

20. Re:Cricket Sep 30, 2004, 13:25 Warhawk

edit: But him having to READ all the URLS aloud sure would suck for him... "Once again, that's H-T-T-P, colon, forward slash, forward slash,..." etc

Especially with the concussion and all....

* Warhawk *

"Uh...Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal."
"What happened?"
"Had a slight weapons malfunction but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're all fine here, how are you?"

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

19. Scott Muni Sep 30, 2004, 12:53 WalterEgo

I'll say it because perhaps most weren't aware of him. Scott Muni was cool as shit. He knew every rock star and got them all into his studio. He was a dinosaur when I was a kid which is a testiment to his staying power. His voice sounded like he gargled with rocks, but that only made it unique and instantly identifiable. Cool as shit.

WalterEgo

Blue's younger and better looking, yet dumber brother

18. Random Question Sep 30, 2004, 12:52 Mr. Tact

Have we seen anything from the new company formed by some big-wigs leaving Blizzard? It's been a while now hasn't it?

The truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Java based popup still around... Sep 30, 2004, 12:49 Killian

I mentioned it a couple days ago, but every few times I come to visit here java fires up as the main page is loading. Then the fist link I click on produces an Ad. I'll try and reproduce to give more details.

16. Re:Cricket Sep 30, 2004, 12:19  Blue 

But him having to READ all the URLS aloud sure would suck for him...

That was another funny part of the QuakeCast... recalling giving out URLs for mods with geocities domains and such that went on forever, had tildes, etc.

Good times...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo