Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Collectors Edition

The World of Warcraft Community Site has word that a collectors edition of World of Warcraft is in the works, that will include some exclusive swag, including an in-game pet (thanks IGN). There's also word that the beta will start seeing some real PvP combat soon, though the beta is temporarily offline due to hurricanes.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 07:47 Muffinman

8(
give me wow EU beta 8**(

P.S. my pixels are bigger than yours

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 03:03 Ray Marden

I would certainly start paying now just to keep my character alive.

As for being a beta stress test, this game really is far and above many others. Even looking solely at lag, there were maybe a few instances of slightly delayred responses/actions, but that is still better than all the others MMOGs I have played.

Just being able to play on day one with no lag with was such a phenomenal step...

Missing my german-based teammates :(,
Ray

-----
I am playing Neverwinter Nights. Where the %@%$# is my henchman?!?
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

36. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 02:44 D4rkKnight

Yeah I enjoyed the hell outa Stress, I played a rogue up to level 24 and cant wait to start up on final. I would be willing to pay blizz 15/month just to play beta, its more polished at this stage then any other MMORPG I've seen, and its still in beta!

35. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2004, 02:43 Stolk

I don't think the 'trolls' are trying to adjust your preferences. No need for them to go away. I'm betaing MxO and having a blast. Are trolls trying to sway me?

34. No subject Sep 19, 2004, 01:59 Midnight

To my horror, I really enjoyed the WoW stress-test. I had both Alliance and Horde characters, and took four chars up to about lvl 12 so I could get a good feel for the balance and variety. It's great. I'm planning on buying this one, and *might* get the CE for the soundtrack (WoW has some great music).

Exitium, and other trolls: If you don't like it, go away. I like it, and nothing you can say will change that.

http://www.davidcsimon.com

http://www.crimsondark.com

33. No subject Sep 19, 2004, 01:42 Xero

Hey ya know what. You may all complain yet I've yet to see a company that sells a decent collector's edition of whatever game. I hear the HL2 Collector's is going for 80 dollars. It damn well better have a crap load of junk for that much. I think Blizzard always puts just the right amount of stuff in their CEs and make them more for the fans. I myself wasn't a huge Diablo 2 fan though ended up getting the CE just cause every store was sold out and I wanted to play it badly. I didn't really use the stuff that came in the CE though it was cool stuff. As far as pets go. I have one in the beta(a flying parrot), they are fun and it's not like they are always out. You can take them out and put them away whenever you want and they sort of add personality to your character. Some players look like a pirate so the parrot is best fitting for them. Undead players should stick with cockroaches . The pets that can attack are only allowed with the Hunter class because that's their main way of fighting. It's a nice edition though nothing big. BTW, I think it's meaning there is 1 exlusive pet available to CE owners. I highly doubt they would waste their time implementing the feature for afew that own the CE. Later.

"This my finest sword. If in your journey you should encounter God, God will be cut." -Hattori Hanzo ~Kill Bill

Currently playing: Sanitarium, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

32. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 23:56 bigp3rm1

They were going to do that for the next patch or sooner.. I guess they got to do it sooner..

31. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 23:31 Exitium

With any hope, they'll have lost all of the character databases and have to perform a complete wipe of the servers.

Owned.

With even more luck, they'll lose the Source Code and all the development along with it.

30. Re: Pets in WoW Sep 18, 2004, 22:26 Awesome Spume

Unless I can have a pet crackwhore I can pimp out for gold, I'll stick with the regular edition, thanks.

What? Suddenly your mom is too busy to work? Jeeze...

29. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 22:11 Inexorable

Well, the patch has been finalized; they'll probably start informing those who have won soon. I hope everyone at the server center survived unscathed.

28. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 18:37 Bronco

Meanwhile, praying that Blizzard is reading the board and taking pity on me.

While I would love to think that Blizzard would give you an invite due to your celebrity status....

I think they have bigger fish to fry right now:

From http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

At 6:19pm EDT yesterday, the datacenter complex in Virginia that is being used to host the World of Warcraft beta test was hit and damaged by a tornado. Because water was leaking into the building in which our servers were located, we shut down the servers as a precautionary measure and flew out a team of our network engineers to the location to survey the area and provide a preliminary assessment.

This morning, we have confirmed that some hardware has taken on water, so we will need to conduct a careful inspection for damage before we can restore power to the servers. This inspection will take 48 hours or longer to complete, so we encourage you to enjoy the rest of your weekend with other activities, as the World of Warcraft beta test will remain offline for at least that long. We will post another update tomorrow afternoon, and we appreciate your continued patience and support.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

27. Re: Rubbish Sep 18, 2004, 18:28 MikLoyD

I'll go on record as saying the game IS still in testing and a lot of work is still being done ... geez .. its missing stuff and still not done? By a person IN ... B E T A??

wtf

26. Re: Rubbish Sep 18, 2004, 18:10 MMORPGHoD

WoW is still going to be one of the best MMORPGs out there. Many are done with EQ/DAoC and will move on to WoW or EQ2.

25. Re: Rubbish Sep 18, 2004, 17:22 rckola

thats enough out of you Troll.

24. Rubbish Sep 18, 2004, 17:04 Exitium

World of Warcraft is just a visual follow up to the horrible Everquest series. Half of the designers currently working on World of Warcraft created EQ Expansion packs in the past and most of the original team who came up with the 'casual gamer friendly' ideas that WOW was supposed to feature left to found ArenaNet (Guild Wars).

If you're in the beta like I am then you'll probably know how the game is becoming more and more like Everquest every time they introduce a new patch.

In short, fuck this game. If you're a casual gamer or simply someone who just isn't up for hours upon hours of useless grinding this game isn't for you.

I'll also go on record to say that the game world is entirely imbalanced in terms of races. Horde players have around 2/5ths of quests available to Alliance players and the majority of level 15-25 quests available to the Horde happen to be inappropriately located in the contested zone of Hillsbrad, which are for all intents and purposes is a level 35-40 quest zone for the Alliance. I can't count the number of times that lowbie Horde players find themselves ganked and their little town of Tarren Mill invaded by higher level players. That's Warcraft PVP for you.
This comment was edited on Sep 18, 17:08.

23. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 16:50 bigp3rm1

I'm still trying to understand the elitist attitude that gamers have. If your enjoy playing a particular game companies product, enjoy yourself. The bottom line is that it's a game, still in beta, and things are being reworked daily. Played the ST Beta and loved the game.

Coming from UO on release, AC1, AC2, SWG, Linage 2 I think I can say Blizzard has developed one of the best MMO's I have seen (IMO flamer boy). It's on par with the AC2 quest system. Content is rich for each race.

As for higher level players in noob areas.. It's easy to avoid these people isn't it? I think your a glutton (you lvl 5 weenie) for pain. Your probably the guy that keeps running up and attacking the higher lvl player and crying about it. Just avoid them, go to another area and enjoy yourself.

Bottom line, if you don't like a game don't come bashing fans because they are having fun and your not.

22. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 16:29 Inexorable

Yeah, I saw and heard that a bunch of people were exploting the Totem of Infliction Off-hand item from Duskwood. Apparently if a mob hit you the mob took 150ish damage 100% of the time. It was only supposed to hit 10% of the time. Maybe they'll DQ them, maybe not. Not too worried, the game will be here soon enough.

21. Re: American Sep 18, 2004, 16:17 Ray Marden

There you are. Priest = A warrior's best friend.

Who knows? Thus far, Blizzard has not figured out the winners nor has it announced anything other than a "We are trying to figure things out - we will announce when we do"-like statement.

I would love to be in the closed beta, but I think even Blizzard is having a hard time figuring things out with the screwed up system they had. I ended at level thirty...and the cheaters/exploiters were hitting levels as high as fifty-two and had mounts as well (something ridiculously blatant, especially since the market had yet to form.)

Honestly, I wish they would just invite everybody that was level twenty-five or higher (or even level thirty or higher) while trying to kick out as many cheaters they can find, but I fully expect to be given the short, pointy end of the stick in this situation.

Meanwhile, praying that Blizzard is reading the board and taking pity on me :|,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

20. Re: Better than SWG Sep 18, 2004, 16:16 Brym

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for these kinds of things. A 200-page hard-cover art book alone sells me on it. The soundtrack, cloth map, and DVD are all nice too. The in-game item with these kinds of things is usually lame, and that's fine. You don't want to force people to spend real money to have decent items.

19. Better than SWG Sep 18, 2004, 15:04 Skoll

Some people paid big bucks for the SWG CE and all they got was some cheesy sunglasses. I'd say a unique pet is way better than some shades...

But I'd still never buy it.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo