Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA: San Andreas PC

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2004 Financial Results reports on the results of the quarterly earnings conference call from the publisher. Among the dry details of the company's economics comes the first announcement that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be released on the PC platform. GTA: San Andreas PC is currently slated for release in fiscal Q3 2005.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 13:24 nin

The point is, if you're SO smart as to understand fiscal quarters, why not take that tiny extra step to explaining to the guy instead of insulting him, "you dumb fuck".

Here here...

Don't try this at home. Don't try this when you're alone. Don't try this at home. You're gonna hurt yourself. http://www.laptopic.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 08:48 DG

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO - News) today announced financial results for its third quarter and nine months ended July 31, 2004.

Doesnt that make TT's fiscal Q3 2005 to be May 1st - July 31st? Which is ~ 8 to 10 months from now (*). Say SA is out on PS2 at end of october, the PC version is hence coming out 7-9months after it?

cant see where the 6 months is coming from, guess i'm a 'dumb fuck' too

* For the best case (i.e. 1st May release) thats 20 days of sept + full month of: Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr. Worst case also add May, June and just about all of July

12. Re: No Subject Sep 10, 2004, 08:36 Drewbacca

Wow, sorry. You're right: my knowledge of fiscal quarters was all wrong. Thanks for setting me straight on that and for being an incredible asshole, Kobalt.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 08:39.

11. Re: Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 08:29 jb_marsh

Well said!!!
It does seem that people are just too quick to attack instead of offering some constructive insight lately.

10. No subject Sep 10, 2004, 04:27 aldo_14

PS2 is such an out dated system. All the GTA games play SO much better on PC and Xbox. The game was IMPROVED over the PS2 version when it was porteed to Xbox and PC. They should focus first on the PC and Xbox version first, and then make a port for PS2, since it's easier to downgrade a game than to improve it... would take less time.

Rockstar has an exclusivity deal with Sony.

Also, you're not downgrading a game to convert PC -> PS2 (or updgrading vice versa), you're rewriting it* - PS2 has a different internal structure to the X-box / PC (need to balance multiple pipelines in particular IIRC...also the X-box and PC have different data bus organisation - IIRC the Xbox data bus goes directly to the GPU rather than CPU). So the only 'easy' bit would be maybe downsizing texture res / model detail.

*or at least the key parts of it.

'sides which, the PS2 is the most successful platform by a country mile - can you blame them for releasing it on there first?

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 04:29.

9. Re: Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 03:27 Max

Thank you for clarifying; in my speed reading I managed to miss the word "fiscal", and was mildly upset. I imagine this means the XBox version will be out at a similar time.

8. PS2 sucks Sep 10, 2004, 03:22 FRAGaLOT

PS2 is such an out dated system. All the GTA games play SO much better on PC and Xbox. The game was IMPROVED over the PS2 version when it was porteed to Xbox and PC. They should focus first on the PC and Xbox version first, and then make a port for PS2, since it's easier to downgrade a game than to improve it... would take less time.

__ FRAGaLOT
http://home.comcast.net/~zalle2/blog.htm

__ FRAGaLOT

7. Re: Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 02:00 Awesome Spume

How did you get a year from 6 months you dumb fuck?

Their 3rd fiscal quarter ended July 04. Their Q3 05 period will end July 05. They are releasing the PS2 version in October, in theory. From Oct 04 to July 05 is potentially 8 months, possibly 6 months to release. So you're right.

However. If we're optimistic folk we might look at a glass and call it half full, we might look at it and call it half empty. We could look at it and say it's almost full. We could buy a DVD player and quit our dumb glass game altogether.

The point is, if you're SO smart as to understand fiscal quarters, why not take that tiny extra step to explaining to the guy instead of insulting him, "you dumb fuck".

6. Someone failed math... Sep 10, 2004, 01:39 Kobalt

How did you get a year from 6 months you dumb fuck?

5. Argh Sep 10, 2004, 01:18 Drewbacca

Why do we have to wait a friggin YEAR!? I mean, I'll be glad to have it, but almost a full year after the console version? Why so long?

4. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2004, 01:05 joeslim

I did that with VC, just for a week messing around because I wanted to do story mode when it was released for PC but this one sounds like there will be so much more to do this time around.

3. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2004, 23:24 Evil Timmy

Sounds like the May-after release the last two GTA PC games have gotten. Not really surprising, though, as their success on PS2 has been stunning, while PC sales haven't been anything spectacular. And there's no reason you have to buy it twice; rent it for a week for PS2, and 100% it with the PC version a few months later, when guides will be available if you need help (and, of course, summer won't be far away).

2. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2004, 22:52 xXBatmanXx

omg. I can't believe it is going to take so long to release on PC! I hate having to buy it 2x. argh.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. No subject Sep 9, 2004, 22:44 Breadman86

this is the best news i've heard all year... i was worried they wouldn't make it for the PC.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo