Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It didn't happen over the weekend as planned, but I did finally get to giving Hudson the wonder dog her belated birthday dinner last night. This was originally supposed to be the sum total of her present, but now I'm feeling like I still owe her something to mark the occasion. It simply defies belief how quickly that dog was able to scarf down the steak... that made it obvious that she liked it, but it's hard to imagine she enjoyed it that much, considering she didn't even chew it (maybe I shouldn't have sliced it up for her, but I fear had I not, she would have tried to swallow it whole anyway). Since the steak I got her hadn't been frozen, I decided to make a small concession towards cooking on this (she normally eats her meat raw), so I gave it a quick searing in the frying pan, but even at barely one minute on the stove, this steak still spent considerably more time being cooked than it did being eaten. I have to check to see if there's anything in the rules barring dogs from entering the hotdog eating contest at Coney Island next year.

Play Time: Labrynth. Thanks Sharon.
Link of the Day: Zipdecode. Thanks Zathrus.
Science!: Dark future for white animals in warm Arctic and North Pole 'was once subtropical'.
Information, Please: Wine Goes Digital (registration required).
Scientists study 'blue-eyed' booze gene.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 17:50 Warhawk

<knock, knock>

Hello?

Hello?

Nobody seems to be home. I guess I'll come back later....

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: OT Sep 8, 2004, 17:46 Enahs

just got married.

“You a sucker”

Congrats! Wish you the best of luck with that!

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

20. OT Sep 8, 2004, 17:42 The Truth

just thought i would drop this in here.

just got married. just got back from honeymoon in florida (was there between hurricanes).

just completed Doom 3.
Excellent game, loved some of the PDA voice logs (esp the hell ones). shame about the abundence of imps, lack of pinkies and id obviosuly ran out of time as they put little sliding wall cubby holes for all the baddies.

The alpha had better baddie effects in the way that they appeared (Though the walls, past the office u just walked into, in the reflection of glass (I never saw that in the game proper)).

But hey good game, wondering what im going to do with this 6800 GT OC until and after Half Life 2, as there really isnt much point for it if u think about it!

------
Stop the Politics posts
Say NO to WAR themed comments
DOWN WITH BUSH ... is just an inflammatory remark, designed to provoke a response, ignore the trolls
STOP POLLUTING This message board with dumb political comments

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

19. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 14:55 Ihya

Oh dear. The solar particle collector did a 'Beagle' and hit the floor like a brick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3638926.stm

A capsule from the Genesis probe, which has been gathering particles blown off the Sun, has crashed back to Earth.

Whether or not it's wiped out a small village by turning peoples blood to powder remains to be seen however.

18. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 14:30 Halsy

Any broad that can do that is probably a champ at something else too.

"We only came to kick some ass. Rock the fuckin' house and kick some ass."
- Tenacious D

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

17. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 14:08 Choachy

The Krystal eating contest was here in Chattanooga. For the prelim rounds, they only allowed them to eat for 2 minutes. For the final round, where the Asian 105 lb'er nicknamed "The Black Widow" won, they were given 8 minutes to eat. Still, 42 in 8 minutes is insane!!

16. zipdecode Sep 8, 2004, 13:43 deeny

This program is amazing. check out the guys web site! He's got amazing stuff there to!
His work blew me away.

15. zipdecode Sep 8, 2004, 12:53 wiltshire

I realy liked that. Shows you where the borders are for each area buy trying each number. Geography buffs would have a hay day with this for sure. Just try a random 5 digit number and see where it takes you.

14. Re: hah Sep 8, 2004, 12:03 jayeffaar

Did she weigh 105 lbs before or after the contest?

13. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 11:41 Ihya

Speaking of eating contests -- saw one on CNN this morning. Krystal burgers. Won by a 105 lb Asian female who ate 42 in 3 minutes or something insane like that. Second place only ate 22.

That is hilarious, a real Homer Simpson moment. She knew she was going to win already, but she was just gorging on burgers just for the sheer hell of it!

12. Zipdecode Sep 8, 2004, 11:41 Warhawk

Interesting - but someone's got too much time on their hands....

Hope someone got college credit for that.

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 11:41.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

11. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 11:17 Warhawk

Took me a few minutes, but finally got there.

I agree, more maps would be cool but I'd never get any work done....

* Warhawk *

Doom 3

10. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 11:13 ZigZang

If you are lazy like me just start at the end and work your way back to a point that you know you can get to.  
ZigZang

9. HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 11:06 Zathrus

Glad Hudson finally got her birthday present... as far as cooking it though, why bother? The small cooking you gave it wasn't enough to kill any bacteria (and, for that matter, freezing it does not kill the bacteria either), and I'm not even sure if dogs are susceptible to the same food bourne illnesses that humans are.

Of course, cooking it probably gave you a slightly easier time of cutting it up, and Hudson certainly didn't seem to mind, so how much does it really matter?

Speaking of eating contests -- saw one on CNN this morning. Krystal burgers. Won by a 105 lb Asian female who ate 42 in 3 minutes or something insane like that. Second place only ate 22.

8. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 09:57 [TCOB]HARVEY

No hostility was intended...rereading my post I understand why you perceived it as "hostile".

But I did reply because I thought you were being arrogant. I will be more subtle next time (genuine smiley).

You're welcome,

7. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 09:34 subx

Once you have a good understanding of what the arrows mean it's not too hard. Shame there's only one level though.

6. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 09:31 JHMirage

So if YOU cant crack it, then the only possibe explanations are 1: you dont have enough info, or 2: this game CANT be beaten

Pretty much, yes. Either there is no answer or I haven't found it yet. I don't think I was making an arrogant statement. I even acknowledged that option 2 was more likely. Hostility (smiley or no) isn't really called for.

Well...it CAN be beaten (I just did), so what does this tell you?

That I'm missing something. Was that really hard to follow?

I finally got it, by the way. Thanks for the "help."

Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer over?
Virus = very yes?
That's not a good prize!

5. Re: Blue-eyed booze gene? Sep 8, 2004, 09:25 Zathrus

We have a tinned catfood rotation system in our street of owners passing on food their moggy stops eating but another likes. The cats have agreed between themselves I think that the system has to be changed quite regularly however, so everyone gets something new and nice quite often. They have us well trained.

Bah.

Our cats eat what we provide them... if they don't like it, they can decide that it is, indeed, edible after 2-3 days.

Of course, they get all Science Diet food, at our vet's recommendation, so it's not like it's utter crap. Mostly a variety mix of dry stuff (like 3-4 types of the dry mixed together), but they get canned food about once/week. And they try to kill us via tripping whenever they think the wet food is coming out.

4. Re: Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 09:17 [TCOB]HARVEY

So if YOU cant crack it, then the only possibe explanations are 1: you dont have enough info, or 2: this game CANT be beaten

Well...it CAN be beaten (I just did), so what does this tell you?

Its a puzzle. Good puzzles seem unable to solve.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 09:19.

3. Labrynth Sep 8, 2004, 09:01 JHMirage

Unless there's some critical piece of information about that game that I'm missing (like being able to back up or a misunderstanding of what the arrows really mean) there is no way to win.

That would seem like a pretty silly game, then... so I'm assuming I'm missing something. Anyone gotten past it? Can anyone translate the Russian instructions?

Jeff

Edit: Spelling.
This comment was edited on Sep 8, 09:02.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer over?
Virus = very yes?
That's not a good prize!

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo