Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It didn't happen over the weekend as planned, but I did finally get to giving Hudson the wonder dog her belated birthday dinner last night. This was originally supposed to be the sum total of her present, but now I'm feeling like I still owe her something to mark the occasion. It simply defies belief how quickly that dog was able to scarf down the steak... that made it obvious that she liked it, but it's hard to imagine she enjoyed it that much, considering she didn't even chew it (maybe I shouldn't have sliced it up for her, but I fear had I not, she would have tried to swallow it whole anyway). Since the steak I got her hadn't been frozen, I decided to make a small concession towards cooking on this (she normally eats her meat raw), so I gave it a quick searing in the frying pan, but even at barely one minute on the stove, this steak still spent considerably more time being cooked than it did being eaten. I have to check to see if there's anything in the rules barring dogs from entering the hotdog eating contest at Coney Island next year.

Play Time: Labrynth. Thanks Sharon.
Link of the Day: Zipdecode. Thanks Zathrus.
Science!: Dark future for white animals in warm Arctic and North Pole 'was once subtropical'.
Information, Please: Wine Goes Digital (registration required).
Scientists study 'blue-eyed' booze gene.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: WoW extension Sep 9, 2004, 16:41 Ray Marden

No, I am nowhere close.

I am definitely ahead of the curve, but you have to be 30+ to even be in contention. Levels 35+ are not uncommon now.

Sad :(,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. NM Sep 9, 2004, 11:51 Sty

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 12:21.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

40. Re: ZipDecode Sep 9, 2004, 11:01 Zathrus

When you use the ZipDecode URL it will consume 100% of your processor

Yeah, looks like the Java input code is just polling all the time, which is amazingly silly.

make your computer unusable till you shut down every copy of IExplorer.exe you have running.

Which just shows that Internet Explorer is fucking incompetent. In Firefox you shut down the window/tab it's using and everything is back to normal.

I really, honestly don't get why people still use IE without even trying the competition.

39. Re: WoW extension Sep 9, 2004, 06:39 Bronco

what is a good place for armor?

I'd say that 80-90% of my armor is either from completing quests or drops. I do see people in guilds wearing a lot of fabricated equipment that is at least equal to what I'm wearing.

Have you tried an 'instanced' dungeon yet? I did the Van Cleef quest last night despite being 3-4 levels too high for it. Picked up a hammer with over 20 DPS.

Keep going, I want you to make it into the closed beta...

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

38. Re: Blue-eyed booze gene? Sep 9, 2004, 01:14 Godly1

I have a 1year old Blue Healer dog. I once gave her a 7 inch rib and watched her swallow the damn thing whole. it went down long ways and I was scared to death the thing was gonna die. She is fine after about 6 months so I guess she will be fine. Learned not to feed her ribs anymore.

37. PBS - The Video Game Revolution - On NOW Sep 9, 2004, 00:26 ~Ender~

Hey All,

Sorta off topic, but PBS has this docu on the gaming industry on right now (it is just after 9PM Pacific right now). Today is listed as the original air date, and it does look really current. Will be on for a while, listed as a 2 hour show. Will be going on again in a couple of days for those that might be missing it.

http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/

~Ender~

36. Re: ZipDecode Sep 8, 2004, 22:46 WarPig

When you use the ZipDecode URL it will consume 100% of your processor and make your computer unusable till you shut down every copy of IExplorer.exe you have running.

Yeah I noticed that too when I found my computer idling at around 130F.

-------------------------------------------------------
What the hell, it's 5:00 somewhere.

GO SEAHAWKS!

35. No subject Sep 8, 2004, 21:58 icDrAgon

Hmm, clever hiding it. I tried all sorts of capitalized letter matching, "Say no to the truth?" etc. Would've never tried Ctrl+A because that's not the mindset I am in tonight. Anways, political debates have their place, but it is not in gaming forums/news, so I suppose his sig is fine with me.  
-Religion is for the weak.

34. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 21:50 Dantastic

u have to highlight his entire sig (just like as if u were copying and pasting it). dont bother though because its dumb

33. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 21:31 icDrAgon

Jesus, I'm on summer break and I'm not as quick as I am during school. What is there in his sig/msg that does not meet the eye? Hint? Anything? Come on, guys! I want to smile and pat myself on the back too! *cries*  
-Religion is for the weak.

32. ZipDecode Sep 8, 2004, 21:21 Demandred

Just to warn everyone...
When you use the ZipDecode URL it will consume 100% of your processor and make your computer unusable till you shut down every copy of IExplorer.exe you have running.

I sent the dude an email. Good idea though...needs better execution.

31. WoW extension Sep 8, 2004, 21:10 Ray Marden

Can I just say that Blizzard is the greatest developer - EVAR!!1111

Beta test extended until Sunday.

This game ROCKS. And I hate Warcraft.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-stresstest&t=63992&p=1#post63992

Edit: Hey monkey boy human Matthew :D, what is a good place for armor? I have 1500+ with the polished scale mail, but I have had that for a few levels now. Any suggestions other than heading back to Ironforge? Likewise, for weapons, is 11.2 good for the level or would you suggest a search elsewhere? Filthy human!

Level twenty-five; having skinning 3; hating all you ugly non-elf types,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
This comment was edited on Sep 8, 22:19.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

30. Re: OT Sep 8, 2004, 19:54 WarPig

Now Mr. Truth ("The" to his friends) is a man with priorities. He tells us his post will be off topic, hurriedly mentions something about a marriage and honeymoon (without taking the time to capitalize one word), and then goes into detail about Doom 3 while mentioning his vid card and Half Life 2.

So anyway, congrats on finishing Doom 3!

-------------------------------------------------------
What the hell, it's 5:00 somewhere.
This comment was edited on Sep 8, 19:55.

GO SEAHAWKS!

29. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:58 The Truth

------
Stop the Politics posts
Say NO to WAR themed comments
DOWN WITH BUSH ... is just an inflammatory remark, designed to provoke a response, ignore the trolls
STOP POLLUTING This message board with dumb political comments

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

28. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:48 Warhawk

theres more to my politics than meets the eye,...

So there is - took me a second to figure it out... You're not so bad after all.

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

27. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:30 Cholma

A capsule from the Genesis probe, which has been gathering particles blown off the Sun, has crashed back to Earth.

Whether or not it's wiped out a small village by turning peoples blood to powder remains to be seen however.

Heh. The Andromeda Strain, right?
Saw the news footage about Genesis. Made a nice little crater in the desert. I feel sorry for the helo pilot. Guy's been practicing the catch maneuver for weeks; comes time to earn his money and... no chute. Nothing for him to catch.

26. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:24 The Truth

Congrats man... I take it you did a John Carmack and had a computer flown out with you to check Blue's?!

nah, figured that Disney World ( we were there for a while) would have internet access, which they do, AT $10 FOR 15MINS!!! and it was waaay slow at that!

------
Stop the Politics posts
DOWN WITH BUSH ... is just an inflammatory remark, designed to provoke a response, ignore the trolls

------

25. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:22 Tango

Congrats man... I take it you did a John Carmack and had a computer flown out with you to check Blue's?!

24. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 18:17 The Truth

theres more to my politics than meets the eye,...

------
Stop the Politics posts

------

23. Re: HtWD Sep 8, 2004, 17:52 Warhawk

Congrats on the marriage!

I, too, enjoyed Doom 3.

Disagree with your politics, but don't want to get into it today...

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo