Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Halo Patch

This Halo support page now offers downloads of a new version 1.05 hot-fix for Halo: Combat Evolved for Windows (thanks Joe C). Here's word on the 4.5 MB update: "The Halo for Windows v1.05 Hotfix addresses a rare crash bug that could occur if a malicious individual (hacker) purposely sends a malformed packet to a game server. In addition, it incorporates fixes to resolve compatibility problems with Windows XP SP2 and certain 256MB video cards, which could cause the game not to launch, or not to display chat messages. This hot-fix changes the version number of Halo for Windows and the Halo for Windows Dedicated Server to v1.05 from v1.04."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. No subject Sep 8, 2004, 15:25 Terpfen

Wow, quite the Halo bashing fest here. Folks, if you don't like it, don't play it and be quiet. Meanwhile, I still play it--on my PC. The game runs fine (reports of it chugging were correct, but this has been fixed up in patches) and it's quite entertaining. The levels are pretty repetitive, and hopefully Bungie has kept that complaint in mind when designing Halo 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 8, 2004, 13:25 kyleb

i still play system link on the xbox quite a bit and occasionly on my pc as well. runs just about the same as doom3 and far cry on my 2.2ghz barton and 6800gt.

17. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 8, 2004, 10:50 Elrix

Halo on the Xbox was (and still is) a great game. The PC version is a console port, it played and looked worse on my 2 GHz PC which has a ti4200.

I'm looking forward to Halo2 over any game coming out this year, even HalfLife2 and World of Warcraft.

16. No subject Sep 8, 2004, 04:12 KilrathiAce

Wow who cares about Halo, Halo is dead, MS can go do you know what, peace out kthx

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

15. Re: Wait Sep 8, 2004, 02:14 Stolk

Is this the patch that makes people tell better jokes?

14. Re: Wait Sep 7, 2004, 21:18 StaTik

Is this the patch that turns it into the game that Halo was going to be before they sold it to MS?

13. Wait Sep 7, 2004, 20:25 Creston

This game has been out, what, eight months or so? More?
And this is a HOT fix?

You gotta love Randy Pitchford.

Creston

12. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 19:49 nin

Halo is quite simply the most overrated game ever.

Agreed.

Don't try this at home. Don't try this when you're alone. Don't try this at home. You're gonna hurt yourself. http://www.laptopic.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. CO-OP? never! Sep 7, 2004, 18:29 Fausticle

I have a feeling that co-op will never be an official add on. It will be the same with DOOM3.

Even know both have co-op on the X-Box and both systems use a windows based OS and very little would need to be done to add the same CO-OP funtionality to the PC it will NEVER happen.

WHY? because microsoft made sure that co-op was exclusive to there X-Box. The worst think is reading the BS excuses that the developers make about not adding CO-OP.

10. Obligatory... Sep 7, 2004, 18:23 nier

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

9. pshh Sep 7, 2004, 18:13 Igor

Cool, the game was out for 4 years and they still haven't fixed the bugs...

8. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:53 4D-Boxing

3 years ago; the game was OK. Just OK! Not even close to being great!

7. what?! Sep 7, 2004, 17:50 Capt Gerkin

I just don't get this... MS is willing to patch tiny little issues like a "rare crash bug" and someone attacking the game server but ignores the biggest problem with the game... IT SUCKS!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these ignorant "I hate anything that's overhyped" halo haters. I own the XBox version (bought the xbox to play it), I got the PC version the day it came out (helped start a clan that, at one point, was highly ranked) and tried CE... in the end it's still a shite game! I don't blame Bungie for this... they've had no say in it ever since Bungie was bought by MS. Halo1 was rushed out the door and with poor polish, and even with that it was still a kick ass game, 3 YEARS AGO! Can you honestly tell me that if Half-Life had half the completion, no mod value, and was released 2 years after the PS version that anybody could possibly care?!

halo2, rock on... halo1, RIP

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 17:51.

6. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:48 kanniballl

When Halo first came out, it was pretty good.

Pretty good, that is, until you had that endless library level that went on forever, each room looked the same, and then you had to go back through the whole thing. That, and I HATE it when you go from fighting one kind of cool enemy, to some strange mutant / zombie / mutant enemy half way through.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:36 Guye

I'm still waiting for coop. Until then, I'm not interested.

4. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:35 Bunko

Halo is quite simply the most overrated game ever.

We bury our sins here, Dave. We wash them clean.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

3. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:32 ReDeeMeR

It's because of smart ca$hload driven marketing, you can sell anything to idiots out there.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 18:20.

2. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:29 r0ss

That's all well and good.

But Halo was first released what, 3 years ago?

3 years ago; the game was good. Very good.

1. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 7, 2004, 17:24 trashcan

Here is the games I beat in the past 2 months.Halo, Prartorians, Painkiller, Truecrime, Will Rock, Serious Sam 2, Unreal 2, Devastation,Tron 2.0 and Freelancer.

I would have to say Halo really isnt that good. The only game that is worse that I played is Devastation. I played co-op on the X-box with a friend,and quit frankly , Will Rock has way better co-op play.

I can't belive this game got that much hype, and that many accolades. If this game wasn't relesed by Microsoft it would've been dead after the 1st month of release.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo