Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With the Labor Day weekend behind us, summer is unofficially over, and apparently paying fairly close attention to these things, the weather around here has gotten a bit cooler lately, though I have to say it was a relatively mild summer around here in general. This is also the last weekend for a while without (American) football, and since the Giants play the Eagles on the road opening day this season, there's a good chance this was big blue's last weekend as an undefeated team (just working on getting my hopes down).

Link of the Day: Jet Man.
Science!: Two Muppets named top scientists.
Big maths solution 'looks good'.
Yoga no good for weight loss: Study. Thanks Ant.
Image of the Day: Pleasanton Real Estate. Third photo down. Thanks banddirector.
Media of the Day: Ninja Jeopardy. Thanks Roger.
Auctions of the Day: Unwanted friend - weird & sinister stalker for a month. Thanks Adzie.
Parents 'auction' school on eBay.
Follow-up: Catch a Falling Space Capsule.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 8, 2004, 07:46 nin

Oh sure, this coming from the guy that stalks Blue..

No no, I'm just "well informed".

Don't try this at home. Don't try this when you're alone. Don't try this at home. You're gonna hurt yourself. http://www.laptopic.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 8, 2004, 00:17 Camaro76

Is Chick a stalker, stalking "his friend Trevor"?

Oh sure, this coming from the guy that stalks Blue...

Great letter, congrats on getting it published!

---------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
Vote Toothpick Spreader Party in 2004!

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

41. Re: MOG's... Sep 7, 2004, 23:59 Enahs

I just watched 30 minutes of high definition footage of the people “playing” on the space shuttle Endeavor, but mostly shots of the earth below.

Hi-def is cool, but this stuff was absolutely breath taking, and that is watching it on a TV. I could not even begin to imagine how amazing it would be to really do that.

Man, amazing stuff.

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

40. Re: MOG's... Sep 7, 2004, 21:56 nin

Also, the word through the grapevine is that the EQ2 open beta is about to start in the next 3-4 weeks. I'd have to assume WoW will follow suit.

I see Best Bi has a preorder box for EQ2, but I have no idea what's in it...

Don't try this at home. Don't try this when you're alone. Don't try this at home. You're gonna hurt yourself. http://www.laptopic.com

39. MOG's... Sep 7, 2004, 21:41 Halsy

Hrm, WoW beta site is down, but they said there was an announcemtn to check out there before they shut down the servers just now. Wonder what it is.

Also, the word through the grapevine is that the EQ2 open beta is about to start in the next 3-4 weeks. I'd have to assume WoW will follow suit.

"We only came to kick some ass. Rock the fuckin' house and kick some ass."
- Tenacious D

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 21:10 nin

haha thats too funny, i was quoted in the September issue of Computer Games, Page 1 of the Now Playing section:

Too funny! I'll have to go look that up! At least I'm not the only one bitching about it...maybe they'll get the hint.

37. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 20:43 FourPak

I direct your attention to the October issue of Computer Games
haha thats too funny, i was quoted in the September issue of Computer Games, Page 1 of the Now Playing section:
Comments range from the lamentable ("Oh Hell No!")...
that was me! "Oh Hell No!" that was my email!

ok fine it's just 3 words and they expired last month but still.

and yes Now Playing doesn't belong as filler just to pad out the page count of a thin gaming mag.

36. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 20:19 nin

nin,
which half did they print?

Parts of #2...I'd about given up on it, and assumed they'd deleted it...until it showed up in the mail today. Bizarre...

edit: And they actually left the profanity in...

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 20:21.

35. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 20:14 tron

nin,

which half did they print?

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

34. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 19:57 nin

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages:

In an effort to maximize my fifteen minutes of fame, I direct your attention to the October issue of Computer Games, where, on page 24, you'll find a letter by yours truly.

Alas, it is not the FULL letter I sent them, but only half. For any other Computer Games subscribers, I submit for your approval: the full, unedited letter - a BluesNews exclusive.

<clears throat>
And I quote:

2 issues (And the following is said with respect, as a fan of your mag, who feels you're going downhill fast.):

1. The "Now Playing" section has got to go. I bought your mag for the two words on the cover (that's "computer" and "games", for those taking notes) and not for dvd reviews, upcoming movies, bands that really suck (example A, that Hanoi Rocks picture in last month's issue, which had me laughing uncontrollably - And THEN you follow it up with Brides of Destruction. AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Someone tell Angela to clue the fuck in - it's 2004.), etc. I don't care if it is free, it's space you could be using for, oh...Computers and/or games? Why is it that whenever a mag hits it's stride, someone comes along and tries to "improve" on it (and in turn, fuck it up)? I remember a year or so ago, Bauman talking about how the mag was aimed at a higher audience than PCGamer or EGM, and now you're reviewing fucking Pokemon and (Angela's) Hair Band of the Month? WTF happened to this mag? You guys used to be really cool.

2. I've let this next issue slide for months now: What's the deal with Tom Chick? Does he only have one friend (named Trevor)? Does he need to change the name of his column to "My friend Trevor"? Because month after month after month (after month after MONTH!), all we hear is "my friend Trevor" this and "my friend Trevor" that. Do you need to just fire Chick and hire Trevor instead? Do you need to hold a contest and the winner gets to be Chick's new friend, who Chick will write about constantly? Does Chick need to get out more? Is Chick a stalker, stalking "his friend Trevor"? Is Trevor paying Chick off, just to see his name in print month after month (after month after MONTH!)? Seriously, it's getting REALLY OLD. Just change the name of the damn column. Am I the only one who's noticed this? Surely, when you guys are all sitting around the table at the end of the month, reviewing the mag about to go to print, SOMEONE says "Damn Chick, is it ANOTHER article about your damn friend Trevor?" And Chick just sits there and rolls his eyes, right? And Bauman says, "DAMMIT CHICK! Get your shit together!" And Chick just rolls his eyes some more. Don't get me wrong - I like Chick, I'm just sick and tired of hearing about Trevor. Trevor, Trevor, Trevor, Trevor, Trevor. DAMN, it's old.

Sorry to be so mean, but it had to be said. "Love hurts" and all that shit. Let's recap:

No more "Now Playing" with (Angela's) Hair Band of the Month.

No more "My friend Trevor".

Please make all checks payable to Stephen Heaslip. Thank you for your time.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 20:10.

33. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 19:47 banddirector

By most you mean the ones prior to the year 2000?

Ouch ....

------------------------------------------------
I am a spreader, and I like pop tarts, and I'm not an unwashed heathen.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

32. gaming expo Sep 7, 2004, 18:01 Killer Kane

hey Blue are you going to this ( its at the Javits )... looks pretty cool....we could have all the local blues news guys meet there and maybe have a beer or 2
http://www.gameonny.com

31. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 17:41 Enahs

Uh, that's only for certain processors. Most use the superior spreader method ...

By most you mean the ones prior to the year 2000?

I bet you sick spreaders do not have toast with your chilli either, you people make me sick.

Heh

It was very fun carrying on about this, but I do not want to come across obsessed.

While I will continue to use the tiny drop method (because it is the best, recommended by the best! ;P) LONG LIVE THE SPREADERS….

[End of subject]

_____
Enahs
That’s a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

- W. C. Fields

30. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 17:31 banddirector

TINY DROP METHOD AS PER ARTIC SILVERS INSTURCTIONS FOREVAR!

Uh, that's only for certain processors. Most use the superior spreader method ...

------------------------------------------------
I am a spreader, and I like pop tarts, and I'm not an unwashed heathen.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

29. Re: Image of the day Sep 7, 2004, 16:52 theAntiELVIS

Is the one on the bottom a sheep?

A few weeks ago there was a news clip of Bush at his ranch. He and Rumsfeld and Powell were standing outside being all serious about something, and Bush's dog is in the background taking a dump on the lawn....

-tAE-

28. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 15:33 Tango

<slaps Enahs out of his dementia>

Btw, nin, re: the Prodigy's new album (on an old thread),
Yes I got mine the day it was out. It's a mixed bag but certainly improves with listening and there are some outstanding tracks. Tracks 1,2, and 10 are great, and 8 is a classic Prodigy instrumental in the Narayan vein, which is one of their finest moments.

27. Re: Image of the day Sep 7, 2004, 15:29 Outlaw Josey Wales

Wow... did I totally miss that or what... once I saw what the picture was about I laughed my ass off for a good 5 min.  

“How about a nap, a bath and sex with a unfamiliar woman?”
—Cy Tolliver to Andy Cramed

26. Re: Image of the Day Sep 7, 2004, 15:17 Moog Operator

"I've gotta think that these were taken with a traditional camera (highly unusual for real estate nowadays) and when they took the picture they were thinking "oh crap, don't use that one" and then forgot... I simply can't believe you wouldn't notice the movement while taking the photo. "

They might contract out the photography, be that the case, a miffed contract photographer may have included that one intentionally

My computer specifications are so interesting I hope everyone likes them.

STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE, GET OUT OF THAT BED AND GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR, GET OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE: GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE NUDE, GET DOWN ON THE CEMENT, I DON'T CARE IF ITS FREEZING! WHERES THE DRUGS, WE KNOW YOU GOT THE DRU

25. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 15:12 Enahs

Speaking of trolls, it was a nice labor day holiday .. the flame war posts seemed to die down a bit.

Lol don't tempt fate

TINY DROP METHOD AS PER ARTIC SILVERS INSTURCTIONS FOREVAR!

_____
Enahs

- W. C. Fields

24. Re: alternate LotD/Playtime Sep 7, 2004, 15:07 Tango

Speaking of trolls, it was a nice labor day holiday .. the flame war posts seemed to die down a bit.
Lol don't tempt fate

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo