Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Just say no to dumbed down gaming Sep 6, 2004, 19:32 LightBender

Industry ignoring casual gamers? Thats bull. I'm just about done with the watered down crap gaming companies are putting out because they want the "casual" player to be interested too. Let's not even go into the MMORPG market now aimed at the casual gamer and dumbed down to the point any fucktard can play - and they do - in droves. I'm sorry but the casual gamer is usually not a desired element in multiplayer games where they can't hold up their position in a team, leave them to tetris or bejeweled and if they want to play with the big boys, they might have to invest a few brain cells to do it. But forcing the loyal gamers, those that expect a challenge of their skill - to deal with these dimwits and shallow gaming is only a sure way to frustrate and bore us to death. Next they will want the PC to change to a one button mouse because two and the little wheel are confusing to the "casual gamer."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Larry delay is false Sep 5, 2004, 20:39 rkone

Apparantly the game was leaked - containing information that the final was being delayed because of censoring, while the leaked version being the "pre-censored" version.

I don't know if that is true, but I've heard the leaked version has only topless nudity, anything less than a bikini bottom warrants a big censored tag. Paraphrasing: Most of the game is a mixture of adult and childish (?) humour. There are a few sex cutscenes which are likely to be the target of any censoring.

6. Re: Larry delay is false Sep 5, 2004, 17:17 Wazootyman

Wasn't the last Larry game censored as well (save for some "easter eggs")?

5. Re: Larry delay is false Sep 5, 2004, 16:48 Scud

Please don't tell me they're doing this to shoot for a TEEN rating, this game should be nothing less than MA. Leisure Suit Larry has always been about adults and adult humor, and adults don't need censorship.
Or maybe Wallmart is threatening to not carry this game,I hope the day comes soon where all the studios realize that if they all just tell Wallmart to F*CK OFF! Wallmart will start singing a different tune as I'm sure many of their competitors will be happy to take the sales.
As for the delay being false where's your proof? Links?

4. Re: Larry delay is false Sep 5, 2004, 14:57 nin

Blue, the article about Larry being delayed is false so you might want to remove it.

How so? You're going to have to elaborate a bit...

For me, No Al = No sale.

Vivendi, please die stop raping classic Sierra games.

Don't try this at home. Don't try this when you're alone. Don't try this at home. You're gonna hurt yourself. http://www.laptopic.com

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Larry Censored!?! Sep 5, 2004, 13:33 Pluvious

Yeah.. they just lost a customer here. I don't suport companies that puss out and censor their games. I whole point of that game is it's an AO title!!! F*$% them.. they can keep it.

2. Larry delay is false Sep 5, 2004, 13:15 GiveMeABreak

Blue, the article about Larry being delayed is false so you might want to remove it.

1. Larry Censored!?! Sep 5, 2004, 12:51 Drewbacca

Here's to hoping that a patch surfaces where we can access the censored content. Man, I hate it when companies pussy-out like this. No pun intended.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo