Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Beta Plans

The THQ News Page (thanks Frans) has word in German that plans are in the works for an open beta for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, though the rough translation provided by Babel Fish indicates that the beta will actually be closed, as they will be using 5,000 testers. More details are expected in the coming weeks on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Website.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2004, 05:12 Evil Timmy

If they don't add co-op, pray they put out an SDK soon after release. Not adding co-op in the first place strikes me as rather stupid, however. The game is pretty ideally set up for it already...you just move the AI server-side and include HL-engine-style lag compensation for hitscan weapons, add a feature to save the state of the game, and you're set.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Sep 4, 2004, 18:28 space captain

screw co-op... i certainly dont give a shit about it - i can take it or leave it

the rest of this game looks sweet ... and the hands on previews suggest the engine is tight - i say bring it on

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

7. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 4, 2004, 08:03 seenitall

not to beat a dead horse but damn, if ever in the history of games there was a game that was made for co-op, this is it.

I mean they might as well drop the graphical interface and make it command line only.

%shoot -forward ; strafe -left

/me takes another whack at deceased horse

6. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 4, 2004, 03:29 rkone

I'm sure babelfish has it wrong. The 5000 'testers' won't get an actual beta game, instead they only get to suggest where tomorrows screenshots are taken from.

5. Re: This you need to explain to me Sep 4, 2004, 03:22 trashcan

Everyone wants co-op. I wont buy this unless it has co-op.

4. Re: Not much of a test... Sep 4, 2004, 02:19 Hellbinder

naw.. the game is a shell now of what it should have been.

a 5square KM Fully realistic area where everyone goes in and goes hunting in Groups and has Coop. Why do all these companys keep dropping coop when coop is what everyone wants?

This game is just not interesting anymore. I wonder why they ruined it.. oh well..

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
[b]Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) [color=red]3Dmark03 7074[/color][/b]
[color=blueompare [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compar

The Whales name is Bob.

3. Not much of a test... Sep 4, 2004, 01:56 Paranoid Jack

if you only have 5000 beta testers. But I guess that's better then no test at all. Closed or open just get it done.

I finally broke down and checked out the tech demo from early 2002. Damn impressive considering it was that old. I just hope they polish the gameplay and do it up right.

And since they dropped the coop mode and announced that the levels will have loading transitions I have been less impressed.

Still looks like it can be a winner if they stop cutting features and turn out a polished futuristic survival sim that plays well.

2. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2004, 00:52 Shataan

" the beta will actually be closed"

I know they are gonna find a way to screw everyone over. lol

1. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2004, 00:40 John

What the'?

There was another post here just a second ago.. hmmm

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 00:42.

This space is available for rent

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo