Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on the DE Cancellation

A post to the Codemasters Forums (thanks Exfileme) by Codemasters' Community Liaison Manager Satine sheds a little further light on the technical issues mentioned in the announcement that Dragon Empires is cancelled (story). Here's the deal:

As you are all aware, we did have some difficulty with certain aspects of the code, namely the server issues. Over the last month or two we have been reviewing the situation and looking for ways to resolve them, which inlcuded seeking external help.

However, after a full, in-depth analysis, research and review, it has been decided by the board that the project has too many risks to be considered viable at this time.

View
5. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2004, 20:50 LightBender

Makes me wish these fekkers would just lie low and not annouce the game or development until it's 98% done. All the hype they build up over months or years just comes crashing down after they churn out a POS like SWG or just call it quits and drop the project. To think I actually read some of their newsletters... that's time I won't get back.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 3, 16:47 meh! Fausticle
  2. Sep 3, 16:58  Re: meh! Grounded
  3. Sep 3, 18:00   Re: meh! FourPak
  4. Sep 3, 20:08 No subject space captain
>> 5. Sep 3, 20:50  Re: No subject LightBender
  6. Sep 3, 22:07   Re: No subject Mad Max RW
  7. Sep 5, 05:20 WOW ? Meh Exitium

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo