Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on the DE Cancellation

A post to the Codemasters Forums (thanks Exfileme) by Codemasters' Community Liaison Manager Satine sheds a little further light on the technical issues mentioned in the announcement that Dragon Empires is cancelled (story). Here's the deal:

As you are all aware, we did have some difficulty with certain aspects of the code, namely the server issues. Over the last month or two we have been reviewing the situation and looking for ways to resolve them, which inlcuded seeking external help.

However, after a full, in-depth analysis, research and review, it has been decided by the board that the project has too many risks to be considered viable at this time.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. WOW ? Meh Sep 5, 2004, 05:20 Exitium

For all those of you who're planning on playing World of Warcraft and expect a casual gamer friendly title - give up now. It's power gamer oriented, and the entire game plays worse than even Lineage 2. At least you didn't spend half your time playing dying and running back to your corpse in that game.

Just wait on Guild Wars.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2004, 22:07 Mad Max RW

Shhh. You hear that? It's the sound of a genre crumbling.

5. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2004, 20:50 LightBender

Makes me wish these fekkers would just lie low and not annouce the game or development until it's 98% done. All the hype they build up over months or years just comes crashing down after they churn out a POS like SWG or just call it quits and drop the project. To think I actually read some of their newsletters... that's time I won't get back.

4. No subject Sep 3, 2004, 20:08 space captain

translation: we saw guild wars and pissed ourselves

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

3. Re: meh! Sep 3, 2004, 18:00 FourPak

yeah that's right, if you can't play it on Xbox Live! it's not a real game. [/sarcasm]

2. Re: meh! Sep 3, 2004, 16:58 Grounded

who cares for the love of god

let it die already

anyone who gives a shit was just a message board cronie that had quit EQ or DAOC because they couldnt hang anyway

1. meh! Sep 3, 2004, 16:47 Fausticle

......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nobody cares roll on World of Warcraft.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo