Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mac KOTOR Gold

Aspyr announces that the Macintosh edition of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is gold, and the lauded RPG should be in North American retail outlets by September 18.

View
12. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2004, 17:47 strangelove

'Yeah OSX pwns..unless you plan on using anything but photoshop since everything comes out a year after the same shit on windows. But hey, OSX is so great it must warrant having to wait nearly a year like a retard for something, right?'

Or compositing which gives you Shake, one of the best compositing applications around, or Maya, the most popular 3d modelling and animation package around. You can be weird and run MS office, or you can rely on the thousands and thousands of Unix apps out there (many of which come pre-installed) if you swing that way. Just as a few examples. Frankly I haven't had to purchase ANY software for my mac, unlike windows where I immediately get set back $1000 JUST for visual studio on a new dev box.

For games, yes, windows can't be beat, but for digital content creation type tasks OSX/linux appears to be growing into a more powerful and enjoyable combination than windows/linux.

No they aren't for everyone, but in the larger TCO picture I'm rapidly seeing that they certainly have their place, and I'm quite happy I work in an field where I can take advantage of them.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 2, 11:53 No subject cecilkorik
  2. Sep 2, 11:57  Re: No subject Jaenos
  4. Sep 2, 12:24   Re: No subject Modano
  5. Sep 2, 13:00    Re: No subject Grounded
  3. Sep 2, 12:01  Re: No subject Dark Matter
  6. Sep 2, 14:00 meh FloorPie
  7. Sep 2, 14:10 No subject strangelove
  8. Sep 2, 14:18  Re: No subject snide
  11. Sep 2, 16:14   Re: No subject MeatForce
  9. Sep 2, 14:19  You are a fucking retard Kobalt