Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Since MrsBlue had plans conflicting with dinner last night, we are putting off Hudson the wonder dog's birthday dinner until the weekend, when firing up the grill can be put to better use anyway. In the meantime, Huddy and I shared a big batch of bacon I nuked up for us ("bacon tastes goood"), and a good time was had by all. I'm pretty sure she won't even figure out that her celebration has been rescheduled unless she happens to read this update.

R.I.P.: Comet pioneer Fred Whipple dies. Thanks Mike Martinez.

Play Time: Pepsi Max Breakout.
Links of the Day: Spider-Man Reviews Crayons!
River of Beer Discovered in Germany. Thanks MoE ^ZuLu^.
Stories of the Day: Berlin bear's break-out bid fails. Thanks Anvil.
Mysterious bottles found in Clopper Lake.
Science!: Scepticism over cloning from dead.
Guinness recognises jet record.
Small planets seen by astronomers.
Images of the Day: James Doohan gets his star on the Walk of Fame.
Follow-up: Second Toy Found In Candy Appears To Depict Osama Bin Laden.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

95. Re: Doohan Sep 5, 2004, 23:09 John

Ah, that's interesting. Let's see if history repeats itself.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

94. Re: Doohan Sep 5, 2004, 14:01 Josh

I think it is something like 51/41 right now. The reason that it's important is that historically; no candidate has ever come from behind and won after labor day. History shows that the candidate in the lead on Labor day goes on to win the the election.

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--

93. Re: Doohan Sep 4, 2004, 23:23 John

Ah! There's Josh..

Double digit lead, huh? I havn't heard that yet.. although I've mainly been listening to news about the hurricane in FL because I have family and friends down there.

But a double digit lead isn't that much, is it? Wouldn't that mean Bush has 55% while Kerry has 45? Hmm, I actually don't really know how that system works.

92. Re: Doohan Sep 4, 2004, 10:17 Josh

WAAAHOOO!!! According to the latest poll by time magazine, Bush now has a double digit lead over Kerry in the polls! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--

91. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 15:44 ExcessDan

This sounds a lot more intellectual than the regular shit. I quit chem after 2nd year so I'm not able to join in.

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:
The mayor of your hearts <3<3<3<3<3

ExcessDan

90. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 11:31 Enahs

That rather depends on the solution you're using for electroplating now doesn't it?

Well, we are trying to produce 2.50 g of silver, so that should tell you something about the solution.

It is very hard to write out chemical formulas on here, but I was not expecting an answer anyway.

I have changed this post 5 times, in the end it is too hard to do on here.

_____
Enahs
Thatís a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.
This comment was edited on Sep 2, 11:58.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

89. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 11:24 Ray Marden

I like games.

;P,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

88. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 11:07 Warhawk

Hey, doesn't anyone want to discuss the liquefaction potential of a normally consolidated, saturated, silty fine sand, N=20, gamma=127.6 pcf, D50=0.02, -200=32.5%, overburden=280psf, Mw=6.7, a=0.36g?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

87. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 09:44 Zathrus

Iím just waiting for the day when this whole forum is embroiled in a hot debate over how long a 0.800 A current must flow in order to form 2.50 g of silver in an electroplating experiment.

That rather depends on the solution you're using for electroplating now doesn't it?

86. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 08:56 ExcessDan

Dantastics unite!

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:

ExcessDan

85. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 08:54 ExcessDan

I know you didn't mention me and I do dare to accuse you of trolling. Are you THAT ignorant and self absorbed not to realize what you're doing? I thought you were supposed to be smart? As for respect, you don't deserve any here when you troll and spam the forums every day.

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:

ExcessDan

84. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 01:36 Dantastic

And don't you fucking dare accuse me of trolling.

news flash: when 90% of the flame wars on a message board involve u, u are a message board troll.

83. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 00:59 John

The obvious trolls like Dantastic, Josh, etc.

Who's Josh? I didn't see anyone by that name post here.. unless that is someone's real name instead of their username.

82. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 00:56 Warhawk

Did I say Mayor Dan? And don't you fucking dare accuse me of trolling. I'm trying to engage in discussion with the other adults. Something you kids need to learn about and respect at some point.

You know, I liked him better drunk/incapacitated. Someone get the man a beer.

* Warhawk *

The new Quake-43 game blows my mind. It is even better than Super Turbo Turkey Puncher.
Doom 3

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

81. Re: Doohan Sep 2, 2004, 00:43 Halsy

Did I say Mayor Dan? And don't you fucking dare accuse me of trolling. I'm trying to engage in discussion with the other adults. Something you kids need to learn about and respect at some point.

And Ray Charles was shot down, but he got up to do his best.
- Van Morrison

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

80. RE: Doobin' Sep 2, 2004, 00:38 unaloony

Well, for what it's worth, I think people should be talking about (1) the Kevin Smith's Clerks et alia series instead of Star Wars and Spiderman, (2) first person perspective and real time strategy games and not damn Everquest RollerCoaster Building Pirate Tycoon Sim games, (3) OSH-KOSH, GEN-CON, Rainbow Gatherings & Burning Man not teh Republican Convention and Mrs. Blues Rollerblading Discotech madness, (4) the meaning of the number 42 and how many camels you have to kill before there's none left to stick through a needle and not the number of volts required to impeede .008 ohms, (5) hybrids and homeopathic herbal doggie treats NOT nuked bacon and stupid dogs (or dogs portrayed stupidly because their owner doesn't know how to socialize on the dogs own level to understand how smart the dog really is).

Alas, all that really ever gets discussed or read here is loney postulating by friendless automons blithely ignorant to the fact that their false belief in making meaningful communication with another human being on the internet is slowly eroding their souls.

----
Currently reading, "A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You: Stories", by Amy Bloom

79. Re: Doohan Sep 1, 2004, 23:38 ExcessDan

The obvious trolls like Dantastic, Josh, etc. are just so fucking tiresome.

You know what? Your endless political spamming/trolling is worst of all. So maybe look at yourself and what you are doing before you go pointing fingers at others.

By the way. I request an ignore feature too. So i can rid my forum viewing from the likes of you and the other politics spamming and flamewar inciting trolls.

So hypocritical...

------------
Love,
Mayor Dan:

ExcessDan

78. ! ! ! Sep 1, 2004, 23:30 Ray Marden

Here you go, the first one is "free."
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Hiding my money under my sofa,
Ray

-----
A locked copy of Half-Life 2 is now on your computer.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

77. Re: Doohan Sep 1, 2004, 23:20 Dantastic

The obvious trolls like Dantastic, Josh, etc. are just so fucking tiresome.

if it's so obvious, why do u always have to reply? u make observations about politics, i make observations about u .. we all have our hobbies

76. Re: Doohan Sep 1, 2004, 23:13 Halsy

Sounds like my office in the morning. If I hear one more arguement on the merits of victaulic fittings, and the response by the flang pipe advocates.....or the Case vs. New Holland fights.

LOL! That reminds me of Steve Martin's, Let's Get Small album where he did the plumbing "joke" for the group of plumbers that were supposedly attending the show. Heh, that was hilarious.

And Ray Charles was shot down, but he got up to do his best.
- Van Morrison

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo