Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Testing Sign-ups Open

The World of Warcraft Community Site is now accepting first-come, first-served sign-ups from North American residents interested in participating in the upcoming week-long World of Warcraft stress test beta; a FilePlanet subscription is no longer required. Word is: "This seven-day test will be separate from the ongoing World of Warcraft closed beta test, but stress testers will have access to all of the game content that closed-beta testers are currently playing." More information on all this can be found in the World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta FAQ. Thanks Bronco.

View
88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

88. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2004, 03:20 EasyMeat

For those with the corrupt zip file. Mine was corrupted also, but another 10 hour download was out of the question. Try this, it SEEMS to have worked, installer at 50% atm.

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=120098

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

87. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2004, 13:02 Bronco

I wish the stress test would hurry up and start. What's the hold up anyway?

The latest patch added a new character class (Hunter). It also managed to bug all chests, many, many quests and introduce many other bugs. The Blizzard downloader had a great many issues with delivering the latest patch requiring a stand alone patch to correct an issue.

I'm sure a lot of things were fixed with the latest patch but a TON of stuff broke as well. In fact, it is now common to have the server shut down once or twice a night for five minute periods in order to apply mini-patches. Prior to this I had never seen this done (I've been in the beta for 3 months now).

This is from the WoW news page today:

World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta Update - Block on 08/31/04
FilePlanet has issued all of their free authentication keys for the World of Warcraft stress test beta and will now resume taking applications from FilePlanet subscribers for the remaining keys. The stress test will start shortly after the sign-up period ends. The actual date is undetermined as of yet, but when the stress test beta is ready to start, an announcement will be posted on www.fileplanet.com. Please do not contact Blizzard on the status of the stress test beta. If you have any questions about the signups or the upcoming World of Warcraft stress test beta, please check out our Stress Test FAQ.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

86. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2004, 01:46 Inexorable

Fileplanet is most likely trying to get every dime they can out of people who missed the signup and are willing to pay for a slot. I'd give it a few days before it starts.

85. No subject Aug 31, 2004, 15:44 Dark Matter

I wish the stress test would hurry up and start. What's the hold up anyway?

84. No subject Aug 31, 2004, 00:31 Mike D

hey use the windows xp built in zip extractor, not winrar or winzip. I had the same problem but the winxp extractor worked just fine. (right click > open with... )

83. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 20:59 Milkman Dan

I have dl'd 3 times as well, from the midwest server, and all have been corrupted files, but with different CRC numbers. I have used both winzip 9.0 sr-1 and winxp compression tools, nada. Really frustrating.

82. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 17:45 Shoany

So what if I AM using Winzip9 and I get corruption errors? This is the 3rd download attempt I've made. Or maybe did I need to restart after updating my winzip8 to 9?

81. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 13:52 MikLoyD

People who are having the CDx problem are likely lower than 5GB free on their C:\ drive. If you unzip these files somewhere, make sure you have:

Installer tome.mpq
Installer tomes 2 - 4
and Installer windows.exe

If the setup asks for CD2, then you are missing (or have a corrup installer tome 2.mpq). The unzipper in XP doesn't alert you it aborted the extraction!

Also during setup, it creates about 1.3GB of temp traffic on the C:\ drive regardless of the drive letter you are installing to.

80. Re: So? Aug 30, 2004, 11:31 SirOvenMitt

So are people not getting the problem I am?? Where the image you are to enter to get your cd key is just a little red X??

79. Re: So? Aug 30, 2004, 09:18 Bronco

This is a million to one shot, but if you're not enjoying the beta anymore, how about passing it on to someone who would really like to play? :-)

Look on eBay. They've come down into the $200.00 range.

What is really crazy is people trying to sell keys to the seven day stress test.

Paying to play a rather well polished beta - I can almost understand that. Paying to be lagged out and unable to log onto a game. That's nuts.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

78. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 00:20 Slint

I've used XP's zip program, and when installing it asks for CD2. Will using winxzip solve that problem?

------------
The Dude abides.

77. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 00:13 Halsy

Use Winzip or XP's native Zip program. Do not use WinRAR.

Read the FAQ before asking these questions.

And Ray Charles was shot down, but he got up to do his best.
- Van Morrison

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

76. Re: Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 00:12 Dark Matter

Cygnus,

Use WinZip. Many people have complained about corrupted files and the only problem was that they were using something like WinRAR. Use the latest versiono of WinZip and you should be OK....

75. Re: So? Aug 30, 2004, 00:11 Dark Matter

Fragalot,

This is a million to one shot, but if you're not enjoying the beta anymore, how about passing it on to someone who would really like to play? :-)

74. Bummer Aug 30, 2004, 00:10 Cygnus

So which FagPlanet server has the WORKING Zip of the installation? I've downloaded it from 3 different ones and the result is ALWAYS a corrupted zip file.

2 Gig is just plain stupid to download at current net speeds (even though I get about 650k/sec). Bad move Blizzard.

73. Re: So? Aug 29, 2004, 23:47 FRAGaLOT

ZZzzzz....

I've been on this beta since July. BORING!
But on the other hand, it's a highly polished game for something still in beta. It's just I'm sick and tired of this fucking genre. There are dozens of these kinds of games with this over played motif.

How many more fucking MMORPGS with swords and sorcery, hack and slashing, and mind-numbing mouse clicking games do we need in this world? I was satisfied after Diablo 2, now im starting to gag on it all.

How about something different like a MMO game based on GTA?

BTW.. the CD-Keys for this is sent to you via e-mail. So use REAL e-mail addresses when you sign up for this beta/stress test... or you're bascially S.O.L.

__ FRAGaLOT
http://home.comcast.net/~zalle2/blog.htm
This comment was edited on Aug 29, 23:51.

__ FRAGaLOT

72. Re: So? Aug 29, 2004, 23:25 Demandred

Same problem with me.

71. Re: So? Aug 29, 2004, 23:04 SirOvenMitt

I got my e-mail but when I click on the link and it asks me to enter the image the image is not there it is just the red X. wtf

70. Re: So? Aug 29, 2004, 22:56 Rufus

Anyone have any idea what time frame we are lookin' at for this stress test to begin? I realize it says we'll get an email when all the slots are full, but are we lookin at tomorrow? This week? Next week? Anyone see any estimations online anywhere?

69. Re: So? Aug 29, 2004, 22:34 Halsy

I sat on my arse waiting for an email all day after being put on the list. I decided just a second ago to apply again(with the same account!), and boom, got a key right away.

Weird, I just tried that after seeing your post and it worked for me too.

And Ray Charles was shot down, but he got up to do his best.
- Van Morrison

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo