Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, still working through the kinks from the unusual posting times here the past couple of evenings/mornings. The favorable response to the early update got me thinking I'd do it again, but in failing to consult Frans about this, have managed to fail to collect the game review listing for a second day... I should be able to post that later today.

Play Time: How Dodgy are You? Thanks ASLayerAODsk. I'm facing 23 years in jail.
The MailFrontier Phishing IQ Test. Thanks Jim Chaney.
Link of the Day: Child Pimp & Ho Costumes. Thanks Gojo.
Stories of the Day: Industrialized world's population to decline by 2050.
Sewage waters a tenth of world's irrigated crops. Yum!
Tribe has best excuse for poor math skills.
Science!: Demo: Artificial Retina.
Seiko Epson Develops Micro Flying Robot.
Ocean Robots Would 'Feed' on Whale Food. Hopefully the whales will start feeding on robots.
Images of the Day: Get Fuzzy. Thanks Christopher Reimer.
Media of the Day: Skating Bulldog. Thanks rectifier.
Follow-ups: Beatles suitcase 'full of fakes'.
Mars Rover Finds Mysterious Rocks and More Signs of Water (registration required).
Five new moons for planet Neptune. I love that photo, too.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

76. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 23:11 Dantastic

haha josh pwnd u all

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 10:23 Josh

"While in Cam Rahn Bay, he trained on several 24-hour indoctrination missions, and one special skimmer operation with my most senior and trusted Lieutenant. The briefing from some members of that crew the morning after revealed that they had not received any enemy fire, and yet Lt.(jg) Kerry informed me of a wound — he showed me a scratch on his arm and a piece of shrapnel in his hand that appeared to be from one of our own M-79s. It was later reported to me that Lt.(jg) Kerry had fired an M-79, and it had exploded off the adjacent shoreline. I do not recall being advised of any medical treatment, and probably said something like 'Forget it.' He later received a Purple Heart for that scratch, and I have no information as to how or whom.

Lt.(jg) Kerry was allowed to return to the good old USA after 4 months and a few days in-country, and then he proceeded to betray his former shipmates, calling them criminals who were committing atrocities. Today we are here to tell you that just the opposite is true. Our rules of engagement were quite strict, and the officers and men of Swift often did not even return fire when they were under fire if there was a possibility that innocent people — fishermen, in a lot of cases — might be hurt or injured. The rules and the good intentions of the men increased the possibility that we might take friendly casualties."

— Commander Grant Hibbard, USN (retired)
"During the Vietnam War I was Task Force Commander at An Thoi, and my tour of duty was 13 months, from the end of Tet to the beginning of the Vietnamization of the Navy units.

"Now when I went there right after Tet, I was restricted in my movements. I couldn't go much of anyplace because the Vietcong controlled most of the area. When I left, I could go anywhere I wanted, just about. Commerce was booming, the buses were running, trucks were going, the waterways were filled with sampans with goods going to market, but yet in Kerry's biography he says that our operations were a complete failure. He also mentions a formal conference with me, to try to get more air cover and so on. That conference never happened..."

— Captain Adrian Lonsdale, USCG (retired)
"My name is Steve Gardner. I served in 1966 and 1967 on my first tour of duty in Vietnam on Swift boats, and I did my second tour in '68 and '69, involved with John Kerry in the last 2 1/2 months of my tour. The John Kerry that I know is not the John Kerry that everybody else is portraying. I served alongside him and behind him, five feet away from him in a gun tub, and watched as he made indecisive moves with our boat, put our boats in jeopardy, put our crews in jeopardy... if a man like that can't handle that 6-man crew boat, how can you expect him to be our Commander-in-Chief?"

— Steven Gardner

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--

74. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 10:10 Josh

Um..no, actually he didn't. I'll see if I can find the quote, but he did say that all the others boats fled while he stayed behind. However, now he telling the truth, that he ran like a bitch while the other boats stayed.

73. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 09:58 JoeCool

Well, during the DNC Kerry stated that the other boats fled, while his boat alone stayed to come to the aid of the stricken boat

No you waterhead. He stated like he always has that his boat left and came back to get the guy who fell overboard.

72. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 09:07 Josh

Well, during the DNC Kerry stated that the other boats fled, while his boat alone stayed to come to the aid of the stricken boat. Hmmm....now he admits that HIS boat fled while the other boats stayed. Plus, he remembers Cambodia on Christmas eve because it is "seared into his mind". However, he wasn't there. We had no troops in Cambodia at that time. So I'm full of shit? Better point your finger at yourself if you plan on voting for Kerry.

71. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 03:51 Scottish Martial Arts

Who Served?
http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

The trouble with that site is it's extreme bias. Rather than giving a run down of every Senator and Representative of both parties we get the highly subjective "Prominent Republican/Democrat". The end result is that every Democrat that is considered "prominent" also happens to be a veteran, the exception being Bill Clinton who they make extensive excuses for.

Neither my Congresswomen (Eshoo) or my two Senators (Boxer and Feinstein) have any military experience and all three are of the appropriate age to have participated in Vietnam or Korea. Why arn't they on the on the list?

Given the Clinton administrations relation with the US military and it's leaders I find websites like the above rather absurd. Never mind that a Clinton White House staffer told the Chief of Staff of the Army that "they don't appreciate men in uniform in the White House"*, a bunch of evil Republicans (and Democrats but they arn't "prominent" enough to mention) didn't serve during Vietnam!

*I specifically remember that bit from this Frontline episode http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/military/
This comment was edited on Aug 21, 04:02.

70. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 01:09 Halsy

Ignore Josh, he's a 14 year old troll.

Let the record speak for itself about who serves and who doesn't. Just another conservative lie revealed.

Who Served?
http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

The Chickenhawk Brigade
http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=%20NEWS%3B%20Chickenhawks

And Ray Charles was shot down, but he got up to do his best.
- Van Morrison
This comment was edited on Aug 21, 01:17.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

69. Re: Arrrgh! Aug 21, 2004, 00:41 Camaro76

Years in prison: 14.5 Potential fine: £5000

Crime: Stalking one Stephen Heaslip, a.k.a. "Blue".

I can't wait to read the police report on The Smoking Gun...

[good lord my tag skillz stink]
---------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
This comment was edited on Aug 21, 00:52.

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

68. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 21, 2004, 00:16 Scottish Martial Arts

He's pissed about the Swift Boat people because they're a bunch of loser Republicans who are making up false stories. They make statments converse to what the actual people there say happened, for political gain.

My understanding was that both those who support Kerry and members of SBVT were present at the incidents in question, just that those who are voting for Kerry remember things one way and those that are voting for Bush remember them another.

67. Re: Outta here! Aug 21, 2004, 00:08 complicity

It's that time of year again.

Praying for no rain...
Have fun, Bronco, not that you'll actually see this message or anything.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

66. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 23:27 Bunko

Kerry sucks. He's about to piss his pants because the Swift Boaters are costing him votes. Now he is crying to the FEC about them. What a pansy. Yeah, THIS is the guy I want to be president. No thanks.
Do you eat shit for breakfast or are you just naturally full of it?

He's pissed about the Swift Boat people because they're a bunch of loser Republicans who are making up false stories. They make statments converse to what the actual people there say happened, for political gain. These people and the damned MoveOn.org need to stop picking fights and spreading fallicies.

A lot of people have no idea how much completely false information is thrown around during campaigns. Tons of the statments in the ads (on both sides) are completely false. The media willingly spreads these fallacies too. Back in the 1992 campaign, trash papers paid a six-figure amount to Gennifer Flowers to say she slept with Bill Clinton.

At least Kerry is trying to put a stop to some of it.

We bury our sins here, Dave. We wash them clean.
This comment was edited on Aug 20, 23:28.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

65. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 22:36 Scottish Martial Arts

Vote for Kerry cause he's "electable"!

Christ, what the fuck is the matter with people. I want someone that swing voters will vote for so we can get Bush out of office. Let's pick the guy noone really likes!

64. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 22:32 Josh

Kerry sucks. He's about to piss his pants because the Swift Boaters are costing him votes. Now he is crying to the FEC about them. What a pansy. Yeah, THIS is the guy I want to be president. No thanks.

63. Outta here! Aug 20, 2004, 20:58 Bronco

See everybody in a week or so.

It's that time of year again.

Praying for no rain...

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

62. Re: Arrrgh! Aug 20, 2004, 20:46 Zathrus

I'm not a big fan of his but I'd hate to see him loose and all of his seats on powerful committees go to a non-PA Senator.

It's mostly the seats without an incumbant in them that are up for grabs. Georgia's senate seat is currently held by Zell Miller who is a democrat only in name -- he actually votes more conservatively than a few Republicans. He was appointed to the seat when the previous holder died, and stated at the time that he would not run for re-election.

61. Re: Arrrgh! Aug 20, 2004, 20:46 DG

didn't, simply because they obscured the URLs that would've actually been in the emails. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only way to actually tell if it's phishing or not.
ditto, i got one paypal one wrong - which i thought was fraud when it wasnt.

got given this once, no idea if it still works or if phishers got more sophisticated - make a bookmark and then put the below in the Location, and then if you want to check just open it to check the page youre currently on:

:alert(%22The actual URL is:\t\t%22 + location.protocol + %22//%22 + location.hostname + %22/%22 + %22\nThe address URL is:\t\t%22 + location.href + %22\n%22 + %22\nIf the server names do not match, this may be a spoof.%22);

...or just use common sense

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 20:49.

60. Re: Arrrgh! Aug 20, 2004, 19:33 Bronco

The real fight will be in the House and Senate seats... and that all depends on your district as well.

The Senate seat that is up in PA this year is Arlen Spectors.

I'm not a big fan of his but I'd hate to see him loose and all of his seats on powerful committees go to a non-PA Senator.

Ultimately I don't think Hoeffell stands a chance. Nobody west of Harrisburg knows who he is...

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

http://www.shamings.com

-TPFKAS2S

59. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 19:21 Warhawk

He has ordered the tribesmen who raised him to supervise the vote-counting in Florida this year.

I don't want to start something, but several recounts of the 2000 Florida votes by various groups after that election showed that Bush indeed won the popular vote in that state. For instance:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/florida.ballots/stories/main.html

Let it go, guys, let it go....

I also think that anyone who can't punch holes in a freaking piece of paper correctly (can these folks do ANYTHING without someone holding their hand?) shouldn't be allowed to help determine the future of our country, but that's another topic entirely....

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 19:26.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

58. Re: Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 19:04 Enahs

Ok, the jokes about Flordia and the recount where funny….4 damn years ago, please move along now :).

_____
Enahs
I don’t wanna…You do it.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

57. Tribe has best excuse... Aug 20, 2004, 18:54 Vinquus

"Members of a tiny, isolated Brazilian tribe have no words for numbers other than "one or a few" or "many" and seem to have trouble counting..."

The secret of George Bush's early education is revealed!

He has ordered the tribesmen who raised him to supervise the vote-counting in Florida this year.

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo