Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF: Vietnam WW2 Mod Friday

The Battlefield Vietnam Website promises the release of the World War II modification for BF Vietnam on Friday (thanks Frans). The mod will feature reworked versions of three of the Pacific theater maps from BF1942 along with numerous graphical and gameplay tweaks found in the BF Vietnam engine.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: new pics is up Aug 19, 2004, 04:03 Flo

You know, it's kinda funny that the before screenies have 4 or 8x AA and the BFV screenies don't. Didn't notice any big differences btw apart from the foliage.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. new pics is up Aug 18, 2004, 18:46 Tumbler

hmm they posted the pics as promised but it's a little underwhelming tbo. i would have expected the graphics to look much better. Guess that new BFV engine isn't much more than a yearly upgrade. still want to play it though!!!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19. Re: Joint Ops Rocks Aug 18, 2004, 16:44 Fausticle

Ah I see you then fit into the "Complete Moron" section then

18. Re: Joint Ops Rocks Aug 18, 2004, 16:19 Mr Gar

Joint Ops is a smelly clunky mess, but I don't enjoy BF:V much either because of that horrible “run around randomly capturing spawn point till the tickets run out” game mode. Where are the objective maps? It doesn't need a WW2 re-skin it needs a new game mode.

17. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 16:18 Hollowguy

Can you say "consolized"?

Yeah, it's going to be use a third person view instead on the orignal first person. They are also "streamlining" in game features. I think it looks decent enough, but waiting and seeing is the best way to go.

lol. I'm talking about Ghost Recon 2.

Edit: Added - WTF I was talking about..:-)

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 16:19.

16. Re: Joint Ops Rocks Aug 18, 2004, 16:14 Sydog

I played Joint Ops, and agree it is a steaming pile of crap. It just feels like any other delta force game with vehicles tacked on, and everything about the way infantry combat plays in the DF series is bad, the 1st person view is terrible.

Despite this I can see why those that actually liked the DF series after 1 and 2 loves Joint Ops, because it's exactly the same fucking formula, except with vehicles, and for those that didn't like BHD, no amount of new features will make Joint Ops a good game

15. Joint Ops Rocks Aug 18, 2004, 15:40 Fausticle

Who ever thinks Joint Ops is a big steaming turd either hasn't played it, or is a complete and utter moron. After seeing all the crap novalogic pushed out the door before, I was adamant about picking up Joint Ops but I'm so glad I did. Joint Ops is great! I used to play tons of BF 1942 and BFV but now all I play is Joint Ops.

14. No subject Aug 18, 2004, 15:03 space captain

joint ops kills battlefield in every single way

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

13. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 14:53 4D-Boxing

I would not get ny hopes up for GR2. Nothing wrong with consoles, I want to make that clear. They are great machines. Professional said it best!

UBI owns redstorm now so the good old days of kick @ss pc games from redstorm ended. Last night I watched an old gaming show. They had a guy from UBI showing off splinter cell GBA. The guy clearly said that because they wanted to release the game on all platforms at once they did not get to finish it, but they still put it out for people to buy! TO the UBI guy it seemed like no big deal and business as usual as he was saying that the multiplayer side had been left un-finished. Anyways shows you what the mentality at UBI is like!

Like EA and MS UBI will be arround for a long time making good console games but not good pc games!

12. No subject Aug 18, 2004, 14:41 NoThreat

this may be the only way BFV gets any good maps...

11. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 13:50 Old_Geezer

Aw dude...I hope you're kidding. Are they putting GR2 out on console first?! I pray they build it on the PC and port it out to console. The first one stood out, at least to me, as the best MP experience I've ever had...yeah I know, but I'm old. It had the most realistic movement and weapon feel of any game I've played, and the tension of mostly one-shot deaths, especially with no respawns, was second to none. I was a carpet-bombing killing machine with the OICW's grenade launcher, heh heh. Cripes...I may just reinstall the sucker again for nostalgia. Wonder if anyone still plays it.

10. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 13:37 Grounded

YAY!

Now I can play BF 1942 with my Battlefield Vietnam!

wait, wtf?

9. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 13:35 PHJF

Ghost Recon 2 is going to be terrible.

Can you say "consolized"?

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 13:15 Old_Geezer

Yup, played Joint Ops. Haven't had a bad game with it yet. For the amount of stuff going on it's amazing that I seldom notice any lag. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. The only downside I saw was having to tromp it a long distance only to get sniped once you got close to a battle. I played BF42, BFV, And Desert Combat, and though they aren't bad games, Joint Ops just seems to have more to offer....way more. It's still just more of the same though, and I imagine, if it's possible, sooner or later somebody's gonna make a WWII conversion for it too (groan). The only game I even remotely look forward to now is Ghost Recon 2. I hope it's as good as the first single/multiplayer game was. The realistic feel on a server set for no-respawns, now THAT is a deja-vu I could go for.

7. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 12:57 Tetsugaku-San

You obviously haven't actually PLAYED joint ops then? pile of steaming turd.

BFV does exactly what is says on the tin - and it's a laff.

6. No subject Aug 18, 2004, 12:24 Old_Geezer

WWII and Vietnam games have pretty much become shovel-ware. Someone oughta whack those mentally stagnating game designers in the head and tell them to go out and buy themselves a creativity upgrade. And yes, it is idiotic to take a Vietnam mod for a WWII game and mod it back to WWII. Joint Operations mops the floor up with both those titles anyways. Whoever comes up with an original game instead of riding the tattered coat-tails of designers who did have creativity is gonna make alot of money. I'd rather go back and fire muskets at pirates with froofy blouses than have one more annoying deja-vu in Nam or on Omaha freakin beach.

Geezer

5. No subject Aug 18, 2004, 11:48 PanzerMeyer

So will someone make a Vietnam mod for BF1942? Oh yeah..they already did. LOL.

4. Re: der Aug 18, 2004, 11:42 Hurcules

Why would I want a WWII mod for BF1942? Me confuzzled.

Yeah, it's for Battlefield Vietnam. I know it is hard to see, they only say Vietnam three times.

Hmmm, a Vietnam mod for BF1942 and a WW2 mod for BFV. Good times. I wonder how long it will take before some putz decides to make a Desert Combat mod for BF 2.

3. Please Bring Thief III to Linux and Mac Aug 18, 2004, 11:38 Krypto

Stay tuned to this web space over the next couple of days as we will have other updates pertaining to the release of this mod.

Tomorrow, that's Wednesday, we'll post some comparison screenshots to show off the mod.

It's Wednesday and I don't see no stinkin screenshots

-edit: fixed my stinkin spelling

freeipods.com! Hook me up kids!
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8073170
This comment was edited on Aug 18, 11:39.

2. Re: der Aug 18, 2004, 11:13 Flo

Actually it's a WWII mod for Battlefield Vietnam.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo