Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MoH: Pacific Assault Delayed

The Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Website (thanks Frans) announces that the game has been pushed back to a November release, a minor setback from the previous plan to have the World War II shooter sequel come out next month:

EA has listened to the feedback of critics and consumers who have played an early build of Medal of Honor Pacific Assault; their high expectations encouraged us add some extra time to the development schedule in order to add new features and an extra coat of polish to the game.

Medal of Honor fans will benefit from some exciting additions. For the first time in the history of the series, players will be able to control their squad in the heat of battle, enjoying greater tactical maneuvering through a new feature called Combat Squad Control.

With Combat Squad Control, gamers under siege can bark orders on the fly, using only a single keystroke to order squad-mates to "Advance!", "Fall Back!", "Give Suppression Fire!" or "Assemble!" We believe that adding this new feature and giving the game more time for polish will pay out. It will help us build on the integrity of one of the greatest franchises in gaming.

View
16. It's not easy, you know? Aug 7, 2004, 03:38 Vexar

Making games takes a lot of work, not sure when reading all the posts from all the threads for delayed games if anyone realizes it.

How long did it take for Doom 3 five years, HL 2 even longer, DNF longer? I just finished Doom3 you can tell how much work they put into that product.

My perspective is a distorted by the fact that I give up a lot to make games, and know many of the people on this team who have been working seven days a week for almost a year trying to make a competitive product, but when reading these posts I always wonder why do I do that, always the same, and start to understand why most everyone has stopped reading or responding to the comments like everyone has put down so far.

Read that MOH designer diary below (not my website I mean the front page) Jeff is not kidding about how much sleep he's been getting, he did the same thing on the Breakthough expansion pack, even worse he slept in his chair two days straight to make a milestone, the animators at TKO never left, and we even installed a shower for them, because they cared.

I just wish you can see the posts from perspective, delays mean mistakes were made, and the people who do the work have to pay for those choices with a lot of sacrifice, Cheer them on like I do, it does help during the dark times for us game developers, and we do read these sites everyday because it's the only source of information when you have no time to read a news paper or watch a TV.

http://www.planetquake.com/vexar

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed - The lips acquire stains - The stains become a warning - It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Piter-Menat
This comment was edited on Aug 7, 03:44.

http://www.planetquake.com/vexar

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed - The lips acquire stains - The stains become a warning - It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Piter-Menat Quo
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 6, 20:15 No subject Gizmo
  7. Aug 6, 22:26  Re: No subject Valtyr
  8. Aug 7, 00:46   Re: No subject ColligoMortis
  9. Aug 7, 01:03    Re: No subject Shadowcat
  10. Aug 7, 01:22     Re: No subject ExcessDan
  15. Aug 7, 03:35   Re: No subject B M
  19. Aug 7, 09:21  Re: No subject Parallax Abstraction
  2. Aug 6, 20:17 Delayed..... MuzixMon
  3. Aug 6, 20:18 bah sez meh zuul