Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 Previews

Even a slow Sunday gets its DOOM 3 post du jour, as there are a pair of previews of the imminent shooter online this weekend (thanks Frans). There are previews of the game on GameSpot and on IGN based on getting to check it out at the G-Phoria deal from G4. Here's a bit from GameSpot::

The Doom 3 demo station at G-Phoria didn't subject eager attendees to the game's introductory segment, which is reportedly set before all the hellish action picks up. In fact, our experience with Doom 3 started with the second level of the game, at which time the nameless main character is tasked with navigating the labyrinthine research base and briefly traversing the Martian landscape in search of a missing scientist. Right about the time you find this scientist, all hell breaks loose--literally--as a terrible presence overruns the base and your former comrades begin to turn demonically against you.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

8. Re: Performance Issues Aug 1, 2004, 18:54 quazz

bigtrouble77, do you have 512MB of RAM on your videocard? Because that's what you need for Very High quality [as stated by iD, I didn't make this up].

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:51 quazz

So, I've been playing for about one hour and... well... Is that it? Is that really the best they could come up with? It's not a bad game. It's a very polished and professionnal product and it's what I was expecting, but...

I'm sure everything in the game looks great, but it's so damn dark you can't see it. I'm sure it's supposed to produce tension or something, but could I atleast see what I'm shooting at?

Well, it's a great DOOM game, but clearly nothing more and an overall unimpressive engine (not bad, just not as great as everyone kept saying). Then again, I have a GeForce4, so I'm probably missing on what's supposed to make it look great.

edit: Oh, someone finally made a flashlight that looks as it should. I don't know why it took this long...
This comment was edited on Aug 1, 18:52.

6. Performance Issues Aug 1, 2004, 18:47 BIGtrouble77

I'm having some performance issues with Doom3 ATM. Before ya'll freak out I have the damn game pre-ordered. Running on Very High Quality with my 6800GT, I get great frame rates in spots, but it stutters quite a bit, like it's trying to load too many textures. Using the 61.76s, getting the 61.77s now. So far the visuals look quite a bit better than far cry's.

5. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:40 Grounded

In this thread before it explodes to 200 + posts about god, religion, and overclocking

4. No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:22 space captain

sounds like its Call of Duty x100

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

3. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:20 Tim

Hey Ajax im all in, although im 6'4" and in good health.

edit: Review? where?

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 18:21.

2. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:19 Breadman86

why are they still having previews when Doom3 has already freakin had REVIEW!?

1. No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:14 Ajax

1st comment

sweet

That new trailer from yesterday owns.
I wonder if I can trick Gamestop to ship me mine early by saying I'm from the make a wish foundation and little timmy only has a few days to live to play doom3.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 18:15.

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo