Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 Shots & CoD:UO Previews

There was an Activision "Activate" press event today, serving up looks at some of their upcoming projects. The outcome has produced a pair of new DOOM 3 screenshots on GameSpot, though these are fairly low resolution. Update: We have confirmation from id Software that these are indeed from the Xbox version of the game. Also, there are also new Call of Duty: United Offensive previews on GameSpy/IGN, GameSpot, and IGN/GameSpy, each offering details about solo and multiplayer play in Infinity Ward's upcoming CoD expansion.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: XBOX! Jul 28, 2004, 00:27 ZigZang

You could borrow it from a friend

That's a really good point/question. With Doom 3's focus on single player, will id be using any sort of online cd-key check just to play single player? I can't imagine that they would. At least with multiplayer games (say Quake III or UT2k4) many attempts to bypass the CD check by unscrupulous gamers is thwarted by validation of the unique CD key. I wonder how popular D3 multiplay will be and if people in general will be enticed to pay for it instead of borrowing their buddies copy just to play the single player portion. Make no mistake I'm buying D3, but I believe the online nature of most games over the last few years has helped force people to buy their own cd-key rather than leech it.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 00:28.

ZigZang
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: XBOX! Jul 27, 2004, 21:44 MindStalkerReturned

You can run doom3 looking a lot better than that from reports on a low end GF4. So no you don't need to buy a $400 card. And I'm sure if you have no plans to play doom3 frequently. You could borrow it from a friend.

12. Re: XBOX! Jul 27, 2004, 20:52 Core

"man, if those are xbox screenshot, they rock! With gfx like that, I won't have to buy another $400 card, I'll just rent the xbox version, beat it in a few day, and then be done with it."

Sure, if you enjoy low resolution textures and choppy framerates. Oh yeah, and few months longer to wait...

11. Re: XBOX! Jul 27, 2004, 20:02 Steele Johnson

man, if those are xbox screenshot, they rock! With gfx like that, I won't have to buy another $400 card, I'll just rent the xbox version, beat it in a few day, and then be done with it.

10. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2004, 19:58 heroin

i dont even really like seeing the shots, they're lifeless, obviously. i just want the freaking game its all about the suspense; the lighting and sound.

9. XBOX! Jul 27, 2004, 19:57 Yakumo

Those shots are from the xbox version, that's why they look so comparitively POO

correctly labled:
http://www.planetdoom.com/xbox/screenshots/official/

8. Re: Open Mouth Jul 27, 2004, 19:00 Ihya

Aye, facial animations seem better on HL2. That's the only area they've impressed me more really.

Hope those screenies are X box!

7. Re: Open Mouth Jul 27, 2004, 18:35 J/K

I beg to differ. I'm very excited to get my copy of Doom 3 and pretty sure I'll love it, but the facial animation in Doom3 is by all we know not even close to HL2.
I really don't mean this as another stupid "Hl2 against Doom3" posting , as I (just as every itelligent person would) hope that I will like both games for the different gaming experience they promis to offer.

6. Re: Open Mouth Jul 27, 2004, 18:15 TheNarcis

They dont have it open all the time...

They open and close it, it looks as good as Half Life 2 as far as facial animations. So its constantly moving for the situations.

5. Open Mouth Jul 27, 2004, 18:14 ZigZang

Well, I'll be. The first screen shot is the first I've seen of any Doom3 baddie whose mouth is actually closed. I know it sounds strange but I was re-reading the D3 review in PCGamer and I noticed every creature apparently runs around with their mouths open. I know they are angry and all but sheesh.  
ZigZang

4. 4th post Jul 27, 2004, 18:10 Ronin

AH-HAH! my daily DOOM 3 news.

(posting before I even read it)

-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
Decade of Death (A tribute to FPSs)
http://files.filefront.com/3197804;/pub2/Doom/Media/Videos%20and%20Trailers/
http://files.filefront.com/3325050;/pub2/Doom/Media/Videos%20and%20Trailers/

-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

3. Re: Doom 3 shots Jul 27, 2004, 18:03 TheNarcis

Well you can tell Gamespot has medium Detail Settings for those shots.

Or it appears to be lower than what we normally seen.

2. Doom 3 shots Jul 27, 2004, 17:48 Jim

Looks like GemeSpot has been /.ed. I can get to the site, but the screens won't load.

Jim

1. No subject Jul 27, 2004, 17:41 Dr.Del

the box art cover has been released too...

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo