Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is the 35th anniversary of the first man to walk on the moon!

Do Trade Shows Benefit Gamers? on The Adrenaline Vault offers an interesting opinion piece on the topic. I have disagreements with their ideas about the state of PC gaming, but as for trade shows, I have to admit my first impression of my first E3 was to wonder how much showing a game at the Expo ends up adding to its eventual retail price. It's probably not as much as I imagine, but it's not nothing either. Anyway, I think I agree that trade shows don't directly benefit gamers at all. But after all, they are trade shows, and they probably do benefit the trade...

Play Time: Eskiv.
Guess the Dictator or Sit-Com Character. Thanks Sharon.
Links of the Day: Ideazon Zboard Doom 3 Keyset. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.
Technics Digital Turntable. Thanks Devicer.
Stories of the Day: 'X-Men' Director to Remake 'Superman'. Thanks Halsy. There's hope!
Miner digs up 182-carat gem -- and trouble.
Cigarettes and portable toilets don't mix. Thanks Larry "snafu" King.
Science!: Computer to combat child obesity. Here, lift this monitor.
Baseball Cap Not for Fun and Games (registration required).
This Is Your Brain on Meth: A 'Forest Fire' of Damage (registration required).
Auction of the Day: SEXY WOMAN USED CUTE BEAR GADGET TO CATCH CHEATING MAN!. Thanks BLC.
Image of the Day: From the Black Mesa Pet Shop. Thanks Ant.
Media of the Day: Peasant's Quest. Thanks Ant.
Experimental Film. Thanks Ant.
Massive dance-numbers from Star Wars Galaxies.
Follow-up: Mars mission moves forward -- in reverse.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

66. Re:X-Men' Director to Remake 'Superman'. Jul 21, 2004, 06:55 Josh

I don't care enough about you to capitalize any name I call you kid. First off, your claim that that population is increasing exponentially is a tad misleading. Given a long enough time curve you could make the case that nearly every increasing function is increasing exponentially. If you want to make it even simpler, technically the money in your bank account increases exponentially from interest. So hey, learn some math before you start throwing around big words. Exponential growth means 2=4=16=256 etc. There were about 6.1 billion people in 2000. However, the population growth rate then was only 1.4 percent. This means it would take over 35 years to double the population. However birth rates are declining and are expected to continue to do so, couple this with AID's and such and you will soon see population growth dip below 1 percent. Plus nearly 100% of new population growth will occur in less developed countries. So hey...do some research next time buddy. Plus man, you never replied about whether or not you hid in your basement during Y2k. I was joking before, but now I think it might be true. Sweet dude, you're an alcoholic and you're paranoid!

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 18:15.

Josh, Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll
--Waiting for Halsy's dad to break my kneecaps--
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: And more importantly... Jul 21, 2004, 03:13 Hump

get some sleep Halsy....think of your liver

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What Would Fred Do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

64. Re: And more importantly... Jul 21, 2004, 00:25 Halsy

Corndick, I've seen you post multiple threads in a row on several occassions, so fucking stifle it, and quit yer bitching about the same shit you're guilty of doing yourself. Aside from that I don't even fucking care, ok?

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket!

http://www.blogjam.com/neil_armstrong/

"So you gonna' talk to me or we just gonna' keep bullshiting each other? Breakin' my balls, Chuck."
- Cartman

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

63. Re: And more importantly... Jul 21, 2004, 00:15 WarPig

Ok, I'm going to stop reading this before one of you two types:

"Are you as turned on as I am?"

-------------------------------------------------------
To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. ~ Homer Simpson

GO SEAHAWKS!

62. Re: And more importantly... Jul 21, 2004, 00:05 JoeCool

There's also thing called shutting the fuck up and stop being such a goddamn hypocrite yourself.

Hmm really? I only have 4 post here but you've taken up a whole page.

61. Re: And more importantly... Jul 21, 2004, 00:05 Halsy

Betrter still...

Q: Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?
A: Ask your mom.

"So you gonna' talk to me or we just gonna' keep bullshiting each other? Breakin' my balls, Chuck."
- Cartman

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

60. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:51 Halsy

That is, I meant to say...

There's also a thing called shutting the fuck up and stop being such a goddamned hypocrite yourself.

P.S. Edit isn't working for me and Im loaded sp Nyah!

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

59. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:48 Enahs

JoeCool,

Halsy quoted Ash, sorry...but he wins.
The only person that could kick Ash's ass I doubt any of you would get the reference but here goes, Herger the Joyous

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

58. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:47 Halsy

There's also thing called shutting the fuck up and stop being such a goddamn hypocrite yourself.

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

57. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:46 Halsy

Joe, you're breakin' my balls. Breakin' my balls, Joe.

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

56. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:46 JoeCool

There's also a thing called not being a dick with legs too.

Btw, just to remind everyone only 13 more days to doom 3.

55. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:45 Halsy

Happy Joe? See what you did? You anti-dentite bastard!

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

54. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:44 Halsy

Fuck it! Let's spam this motherfucker up! All thanks to JoeCool the kettle caller!

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

53. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:43 Halsy

There's a thing called the pot not calling the kettle black you know.

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

52. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:33 JoeCool

Theres a thing called the edit button you know.

51. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:31 Halsy

The pot shall not call the kettle black.

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

50. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:30 Halsy

Who the hell lives in Grand Rapids? Can you get us some deals on shotguns? Maybe a group rate?

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

49. Re: And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:29 JoeCool

Must you 2 jentas spam 6 posts between the 2 of you?

48. And more importantly... Jul 20, 2004, 23:25 Halsy

See this? This is my boom stick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

- Ash

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

47. Re:X-Men' Director to Remake 'Superman'. Jul 20, 2004, 23:17 Halsy

Blah, couldn't edit my typos. I'm a bit hosed. Was gonna' air out this wek but went drinking with some buds instead. As Chef said in Apocalypse Now, "Fuck it. I want some mangos."

- Cartman

- Stephen Colbert

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo