Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Expansion

This press release announces plans for Universal Combat: Hold the Line (thanks Frans), a Universal Combat expansion, while simultaneously, somewhat confusingly, heralding the end of the short-lived UC series (which was planned as the new Battlecruiser franchise), saying the previously announced UC: Edge to Edge is now a working title, and that the game's official title will be unveiled later this year. Meanwhile, here's the announcement of Hold the Line, planned for release this holiday season:

We have no immediate plans to develop another stand alone Battlecruiser title in the short term. As such, today we are announcing the above currently in progress addition to the Universal Combat franchise. Our aim with UCHTL is to improve on various critical aspects of the previous title in order to provide an even more advanced and fun title based on lessons learned from the previous offering.

Probably the last of its kind in the Battlecruiser series as we have come to know it, we are making UCHTL the all-encompassing game with as much advancements and fun filled gameplay in first person planet-side careers as is currently seen in the space borne careers. An extensive FAQ which will be frequently updated to reflect inbound questions, is located at www.3000ad.com/products/uchtlfaq.html .

View
129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

49. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:36 Bronco

Look, the fact remains he is a game developer posting (in defense of slipshod products, no less) at Blue's News...

That alone speaks volumes.

To compare DS to Kenn Hoekstra, Brandon Reinhart, or even George Broussard is silly.

Those people fall under my 'be nice to the developers so they post more' umbrella.

DS, nah. He's such a horse's ass, he deserves what he gets.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

Please select one:
  • Big Oil Cabal

• Ambulance Chaser 'R' Us
  •  

-TPFKAS2S
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:33 PHJF

Look, the fact remains he is a game developer posting (in defense of slipshod products, no less) at Blue's News...

That alone speaks volumes.

------
    “The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

47. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:26 Unknown Source

I may be a "'tard", but my degrees and certifications are legitimate. Can you say the same DR. Smart?  
    I'm not even really here.

46. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:25 Calabi-Yau

Stuffing 70+ pages of information into a manual and expecting people to read and memorise it is very lazy and easy to do. But for the punters ITS NOT FUCKING FUN.

According to all credible reports, even reading the manual for UC won't actually tell you how to play it. Supposedly it's written in arcane acronyms, without a list of what they mean, and there's no index.

But anyway, actually "playing" UC sems to be a secondary activity for the fans, compared to hanging out on the 3000AD forums and sucking DSmart's dick.

45. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:22 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Do you think the Taco Commander goes off into ballistic OJ mode when his daughter asks, "Daddy where did you get your PhD?"

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

44. Re: IT WORKED Jul 8, 2004, 15:11 nin

So what small woodland animal did you sacrifice, nin?

Why, AN ASS, OF COURSE!!!

There is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop time becomes a loop time becomes a loop http://www.loopz.co.uk/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

43. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:10 nin

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

A BC thread w/o Derek is truly a day w/o sunshine!

Somebody get hellbinder back in here, he'll want an autograph and shit...

There is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop time becomes a loop time becomes a loop http://www.loopz.co.uk/

42. IT WORKED Jul 8, 2004, 15:09 sauron

So what small woodland animal did you sacrifice, nin?

No, let me guess... skunk?

Kittens!

41. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:07 Ajax

UC sucked so hard. I returned it the next day.
    It was so buggy you couldn't even play and when you did play, it wasn't very fun. The graphics were outdated and looked like crap. The audio sounded like a SFX cd bought during Halloween for $9.99.

All in all, It was a bad game, only appealing to a very niche groupe of consumers.

I will definately be skipping this one when / if it comes out.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 15:07.

40. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:02 Cy

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Everyone say hi to mr shitmonger - please enlight us somemore Mr Smart. Your knowledge and insight are just amazing.

Anymore must go back to teaching my toilet to sit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. My daughter is 5. She is JUST getting to grips with reading. Now at this point I could force her to sit down with a copy of Lord Of the Rings and make her read the whole thing - word by word. She'd manage it and would be good at reading afterwards but she'd have NO idea what the book would be about.

Or I could take her and point out words in shops. She'd have fun and still be practising her reading at the same time.

Stuffing 70+ pages of information into a manual and expecting people to read and memorise it is very lazy and easy to do. But for the punters ITS NOT FUCKING FUN.

Maybe if you worked on building training missions that are fun but do get across the concepts needed it may work better then the current "how do we teach people to play this - I know lets right a small text book" method.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 15:12.

39. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 14:57  dsmart 

#first post#

Ah yes, a typical news day at the [hog] farm for 'tards.

At the very least, I'm glad that none of you abject wankers can play my games; because then, this is the kind of crap I'd have to put up with.

...then again, reading these posts from a bunch of immature tits, should be enough evidence that they don't even have the brain power to lift the toilet sit up, let alone open the game's manual to read it.

#last post#

Remember the rules, you only get one chance

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

38. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 14:46 Hump

No mention of a publisher in there, not surprising really...

wow, I hadnt even thought of that. After burning so many bridges I'm dying to know who is going to publsih this. Think it may be time for Derek to meet Mr. Broadband content delivery man

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Playing - Joint Ops, UT2004, Soldner

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

37. Re: Damn Jul 8, 2004, 14:44 Cy

Derek Smart does not come but one of his fans does.

He's insane, makes crap games and shooots blanks??????

Oh well - no chance of Derek Smart Jnr or Derek Smart: The next generation then!

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 14:45.

36. Damn Jul 8, 2004, 14:40 Overon

Derek Smart does not come but one of his fans does.

35. Re: Love it Jul 8, 2004, 14:38 Some Dude

It's from South Park. As I recall, Johnny Cochrane is brought in by the record company for a legal battle with Chef over rights to his songs. During the trial, Cochrane employs the "Chewbacca Defense", which is bewildering to the point of causing one juror's head to explode.

"This is Chewbacca! Chewbacca does not make sense!"

Really has to be seen.

34. Re: Love it Jul 8, 2004, 14:35 nin

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Alright, I've been meaning to ask for awhile: What the hell is the "Chewbacca Defense"?

Thanks!

33. Love it Jul 8, 2004, 14:26 Flo

Guys, I saw this thread when it was still empty and I thought...ok no, there's no way that this could really get this entertaining AGAIN...boy was I wrong. Thank you hellbinder, congrats to all of you for making my day yet again. I admit that I never played a Derek Smart game but judging from his posts he must be one insane SOB. So I don't know this guy or one of his games but do I like joining the flame war? HELL YEA, BRING IT ON!!! MWUAHAHA

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 14:27.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

32. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:21 Burrito of Peace

Doesn't he have to register any way as a violent criminal against vending machines?

31. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:21 Cy

Does that mean he has to register in his home town as some kind of offender?

Nah he had to do that after he released UC

30. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:18 Some Dude

"Derek Smart killed my inner child"

Does that mean he has to register in his home town as some kind of offender?

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 14:19.

129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo