Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Expansion

This press release announces plans for Universal Combat: Hold the Line (thanks Frans), a Universal Combat expansion, while simultaneously, somewhat confusingly, heralding the end of the short-lived UC series (which was planned as the new Battlecruiser franchise), saying the previously announced UC: Edge to Edge is now a working title, and that the game's official title will be unveiled later this year. Meanwhile, here's the announcement of Hold the Line, planned for release this holiday season:

We have no immediate plans to develop another stand alone Battlecruiser title in the short term. As such, today we are announcing the above currently in progress addition to the Universal Combat franchise. Our aim with UCHTL is to improve on various critical aspects of the previous title in order to provide an even more advanced and fun title based on lessons learned from the previous offering.

Probably the last of its kind in the Battlecruiser series as we have come to know it, we are making UCHTL the all-encompassing game with as much advancements and fun filled gameplay in first person planet-side careers as is currently seen in the space borne careers. An extensive FAQ which will be frequently updated to reflect inbound questions, is located at www.3000ad.com/products/uchtlfaq.html .

View
129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

69. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 17:25 XEON

So any more captions for the tee's then ? (if we're gonna do it, we should at least do it right)

How about:

"My other T-Shirt is a bogus degree"

"If you think my last game is ugly, you should see my new one"

"I'm standing next to stupid" (with the arrow pointing upwards)

Oh how I laughed like a little girl...
"

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. No I don't want to buy it thank you Jul 8, 2004, 17:12 sauron

I'd buy a T-shirt.

Kittens!

67. Ooh, here's another Jul 8, 2004, 17:12 SMT

Derek Smart? OMG YOU GUYS MORE LIKE DEREK FART LOLOLOL!!!1!1

66. Anyone want to buy a copy of BC3000? Jul 8, 2004, 17:05 FalloutIsDead

Oh my...this thread made my day.

65. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 17:01 David Brent

I created this account just to say "I would buy one of those shirts"...there

64. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:50 Ihya

My dark summoning worked. The genie is out of the bottle.

MWAA HA HA HA HAH!!!

Work your evil on the Blues News forums! Send forth your army of rabid fanboy minions to choke all life from this pitiful domain and stab fear in the hearts of it's terrified dwellers. Cast your evil shadow so it's taint shall forever more stain this land.

FLAME THEM ALL MY PRETTY!!! FLAME THEM ALLLL!!!!

WA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now Blue pay me $1000 or the next one is Fredrikson.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 16:56.

63. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:40 XEON

If we bought ten between us nin we'd have out sold his last game by quite a number

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

62. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:37 nin

Hmm t-shirts. Now theres an idea. "I got flamed by Dr. Derek Smart and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." On the back: "Feel the love! You wanker."

I'd buy one of those!

There is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop time becomes a loop time becomes a loop http://www.loopz.co.uk/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

61. OMG Jul 8, 2004, 16:36 Tumbler

Oh god the visual....
you act like someone raped your dog and then set it on fire

DS get off that DOG!!!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

60. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:30 Bronco

Hmm t-shirts. Now theres an idea. "I got flamed by Dr. Derek Smart and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." On the back: "Feel the love! You wanker."

Camaro76 can whip something up and we can Cafepress it in a hurry.

Next person to get one of their posts quoted in derek's .sig gets one for free!

Spread the lovin'!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

Please select one:
  • Big Oil Cabal

• Ambulance Chaser 'R' Us
  •  

-TPFKAS2S

59. Re: Love it Jul 8, 2004, 16:30 SMT

He's been a member for a while... there are ten posts to the dsmart username.

58. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:24 FloorPie

57. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:15 space captain

it has PLENTY of love.... you just cant see it

OPEN YOUR EYES... AWAKEN

compassion isnt always flowers and kisses

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

56. Re: Love it Jul 8, 2004, 16:14 Flo

HAHAHAHAAHAHA, I can't believe he really joined...
    How do we know this is the real DS and not some fake?
    BTW: Thnx to Some dude for clarifying the Chewbacca defense... some true South Park fans left ...

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 16:16.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

55. :| Jul 8, 2004, 16:08 ZetaMaiL

why all the hate?
    why all the low punches?
    why all this talk of "us" "we" versus "him" "them"

This thread needs more lovin'

MORE!

LOVE!

54. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:06 4D-Boxing

"Ah yes, a typical news day at the [hog] farm for 'tards."

No wonder this title went straight to the bargain bin! Now that's marketing. This is the kind of developers all publishers dream of having. Why a grown man would post such nonsense is beyond me. This is what you call professionalism. His behavior explains why he had to pretend to have a PHD. If as a business man and a developer he post stuff like this it's safe to assume he could never make it through a PHD program.

53. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:01 Halsy

For the love of pete, Derek, you can't design games. You suck. Find another profession where you can take your phony PhD. Give it a rest already.

"Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog." "Woof!"
    - Gary David Goldberg

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
    - Stephen Colbert

52. No subject Jul 8, 2004, 16:00 space captain

HA!! my prophetic post to this thread, the very first one... HAS COME TO PASS!!!!

it only took 39 posts to get there too.... and of course some occult help from the others

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

51. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:52 Cy

Alex Garden said it best when it came to Homeworld; "the game speaks volumes about how comitted we are to making a great game".

DS - "the game speaks volumes about how comitted I should be".

Bring on the white coat men

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 15:53.

50. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 15:44 Burrito of Peace

At the very least, I'm glad that none of you abject wankers can play my games; because then, this is the kind of crap I'd have to put up with.

Would these be the same abject wankers who didn't buy your product which required you to run to mommy whining for an increase and advance on your allowance?

Would these be the same abject wankers who made sure that companies like Blizzard, Relic, Raven and more had money to continue successful franchises because they were of the best quality AND were superb at supporting both their paying customers and future customers?

Would these be the same abject wankers who, as gamers and then game reviewers, roundly panned your sorry little attempts in Basic to make a "game"?

You've stated that you didn't make your "game" for the masses. Fine, niche markets can support small titles very well. However, even niche games make enough of an effort to appeal to new gamers to increase their market share. You couldn't give a fark less. So long as someone kisses your ass and tells you what a great "game" your heaping, steaming pile of crap code is, you're fine. A normal, concerned gamer who legally purchased your game with hard earned cash expresses dislike for the problems they are encountering and you act like someone raped your dog and then set it on fire.

In a way, this makes me feel dirty that you are in the same community and profession as I am. Because people on the outside look at your tantrums and screaming as represenative of how ALL gamers and game developers act.

Alex Garden said it best when it came to Homeworld; "the game speaks volumes about how comitted we are to making a great game".

Your game speaks volumes in regards to your commitment as well.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 15:48.

129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo