Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat Expansion

This press release announces plans for Universal Combat: Hold the Line (thanks Frans), a Universal Combat expansion, while simultaneously, somewhat confusingly, heralding the end of the short-lived UC series (which was planned as the new Battlecruiser franchise), saying the previously announced UC: Edge to Edge is now a working title, and that the game's official title will be unveiled later this year. Meanwhile, here's the announcement of Hold the Line, planned for release this holiday season:

We have no immediate plans to develop another stand alone Battlecruiser title in the short term. As such, today we are announcing the above currently in progress addition to the Universal Combat franchise. Our aim with UCHTL is to improve on various critical aspects of the previous title in order to provide an even more advanced and fun title based on lessons learned from the previous offering.

Probably the last of its kind in the Battlecruiser series as we have come to know it, we are making UCHTL the all-encompassing game with as much advancements and fun filled gameplay in first person planet-side careers as is currently seen in the space borne careers. An extensive FAQ which will be frequently updated to reflect inbound questions, is located at www.3000ad.com/products/uchtlfaq.html .

View
129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

29. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

If we printed up t-shirts that said "Derek Smart killed my inner child", do you think we'd make more money than all the revenues generated by his games?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:14 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Teeheheheh you're calling people here losers for bashing a PhD fraud, but yet you have your system specs in your sig?

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

27. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 14:12 Cy

Hey Ihya, we managed to summon an under minion think we can get the shitmonger himself??????

You know Hellbinder looking around my desk I see copies of Starlancer, X2, I-War2 etc. Strangely not a single one by Derek Smart!

Now if I play space sim games a lot how can this be "flame post after the next with no basis on fact , logic or decency".

DS sucks. We know it. Gamerankings knows it. IGN/Gamespy/Gamespot/N.E.other review site knows it.

And deep deep down inside yourself if you listen very carefully you'll find your inner child whimpering "no this sucks" as you start up UC.

26. Jeez Jul 8, 2004, 14:01 Tumbler

Hellbinder, fix your sig file.

You sound like a real programing genius to me. Mabye in all the games you made you only gave them to other game designers so they could fully appreciate your work. Too bad this smart fellow tried to sell his game to Game PLAYERS, if he'd follow your example he'd be a big hit among 5 or 10 people. Game PLAYERS have more right than game developers to critic any game. We'll be the ones to decide if its good or not.

I read a few articles just now about the UC game, wow, I'm glad I missed that title. I can't remember reading such harsh reviews in a long time.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25. Re: Money money Jul 8, 2004, 13:52 nin

As usual, what baffles me is the Money question:
where does he get enough to live on?

I've heard he comes from a rich family...

There is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop time becomes a loop time becomes a loop http://www.loopz.co.uk/

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

24. Re: Money money Jul 8, 2004, 13:52 Calabi-Yau

Well, according to Hellbinder he's a successful game developer who sells a lot of product..

Hahahahahhahahhahahhahahhhahahaahahhaaa

Then again maybe he gets it from his mum..

23. Re: Money money Jul 8, 2004, 13:52 Scottish Martial Arts

YES! A Derek Smart News post, entertainment for the next few days.

*Adds to the chanting in the background*

Derek Smart
Derek Smart
DEREK SMART

22. Money money Jul 8, 2004, 13:48 FourPak

As usual, what baffles me is the Money question:
where does he get enough to live on?

It's not like he's 18 living in a dorm anymore; likewise the days when publishers would take a risk and front him big bux are long gone; so is dad/mom/wife/other rich and he just does this as a hobby or what?

Cuz after over a decade-long track record of disaster, that product line can't POSSIBLY generate more than a few thousand $$$ a year from cult fans... can it??? : Confused :

21. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:34 PHJF

Yes, good troll, also read this small selected passage. No basis for argument, you say!
While I would like to give BattleCruiser a much higher rating, it simply doesn't deserve it. The small percentage of players to which this title will appeal is not enough to warrant a recommendation. In fact, the difficulty this title presents due to its many bugs, overblown scope, poor instructions, lack of in-game training mode and outdated use of technology is reason enough for me to offer a warning: Approach with caution.

Very interesting, the game earned the right to have a caution label put on it. Surely that means it's a super fantastic awesome game worthy of my time and money!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:29 Ihya

Damn, I could only summon one of his slavish fanboy minions. Maybe 2 kittens next time.

Hey don't listen to us, Hellbinder, check out UC at game rankings!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/561677.asp?q=universal%20combat

51 %! Ouch.

As for us being trolls, well, DS reaps what he sows...

19. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:17 Ihya

I summon thee, Smart, from the bowels of development Hades itself!

*Raises a plastic double handed warhammer, fashioned from the smelted returns stack of 10 000 Universal Combat CD's at Electronics Boutique HQ, and brings it down on the head of a small kitten.*

Your damned and tortured spirit is called forth!

*Pours a litre of sweat from players who endured the inpenetrable UC game interface on the twitching kitten corpse.*

Show yourself fiend!

18. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:12 nin

Its sickening to read moronic crap posts lke this all the time.

Then go away. Thanks! We appreciate it!

There is the theory of the moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop time becomes a loop time becomes a loop http://www.loopz.co.uk/

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

17. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:11 XEON

no basis on fact , logic or decency

And you sir cannot have played one of these god awful games..or if you did and actually enjoyed it then there really is no hope for us!

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

16. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 13:07 Inali

Darn it nin, you need to sacrifice bigger stuff nowadays to summon Derek. Squirrels and chipmunks only gets his lackeys which just aren't quite as fun to read.

15. Is this.. Jul 8, 2004, 13:07 Burrito of Peace

...the expansion pack that adds content from experienced developers and makes the game both playable and fun?

Or is just another moment when you hear "Bend over and grab your ankles"?

UberSuperMegaKill Cruiser - The official vehicle of the Supreme Commander's "Rape Your Eyeballs and System Until They Bleed" World Tour

*Pats Hellbinder on the point of his/her/it's head*
Yes I have, and now do, everything you state the previous posters do not do professionally.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 13:08.

14. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 12:59 Hellbinder

Odly enough the only imbiciles i see are 12 of the 13 posters in this thread.

None of you likely make games. None of you likely have accomplished or done anything even remotely on the scale of making and selling a game. Yet you little piss-ants are all experts? Please.

Its sickening to read moronic crap posts lke this all the time. The sad ting is you guys are the real losers, I mean REAL losers. Not worth the materials it would take to blow your sorry asees to the pit of Hell where you belong.

You line up and make one mindless flame post after the next with no basis on fact , logic or decency. In truth its people like you guys that drag this entire planet into the mire.

(as for why he keeps doing it, well he must be making money at it to keep doing it. Obviously there are some real brainiacs in this thread. Game companies are folding left and right. Yet this guy and his dream/vision of a space sim game is still alive and kicking. Perhaps you "gifted wonders of wisdom" should pull your heads out of your asses for a change)

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
[b]Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) [color=red]3Dmark03 7074[/color][/b]
[color=blueompare [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compar
This comment was edited on Jul 8, 13:02.

The Whales name is Bob.

13. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 12:44 Cy

I think Derek Smart should keep getting game deals. Reading the messages about him are far more entertaining then most actual games.

You do kinda have to wonder why the twat keeps coming back for more - is he masochistic? Or just so stupid he thinks people actually believe his clever enough to create games of the scope he tries.

Freud would have a field day with this imbecile.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 12:45.

12. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 12:18 snide

well, at least he's not misquoting me anymore.

dave snider
co-founder | guzzlefish.com
my dvd, cd, and game collections
http://www.guzzlefish.com/?user=dave

dave snider
comicvine.com

11. Re: Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 12:03 Overon

Damn. I'm afraid to say anything remotely negative about Derek Smart or his games. I'm afraid something might happen to me or my family.

10. Ooh, I've got one Jul 8, 2004, 11:56 SMT

Derek Smart? More like DEREK NOT VERY SMART LOLOLOLOLOLOLLERS!!!11

129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo