Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Neocron: Beyond Dome of York Site, Movie

A new Neocron: Beyond Dome of York Product Page is online, dedicated to the upcoming MMORPG expansion in the works at REAKKTOR. The site includes a new movie trailer, which is mirrored on 3D Gamers and Gamer's Hell. There are also some new Beyond Dome of York screenshots on 3D Gamers.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 06:44 Raptor

Imho MMORPGs are most fun during betas (all I've played I've played during the beta).

Not only is it still free then, but everyone are still also exploring and learning, thus it the "elite" crowd has not yet evolved and you dont feel like the only one askins either dumb questions or being useless.

Later on all those 24 hour players kinda just ruin the game imho.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2004, 03:49 Tehol

is't that the game where EU version's hookers got nipples and us version got censored?and then there was a *unofficial patch* so every one can enjoy virtual boobies?correct me if i am wrong.

my point is- nipples!!we all know what we did with sims blurry patch dont we?

note: yes i know i make lots of mistakes.i think i am gonna be banned.....urgh.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 03:51.

5. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2004, 19:50 Hump

This game is still running? Somebody must have deep pockets.

Just a very small team I think.

One plus is I think they finally dropped CDV as a business partner (CDV, who brought you the stunning-ly bad "Breed" and "New World Order").

I had a great time with this during the beta and the first 2 months it went retail but I burned myself out on it. Also, the game got infested with "pro" RPG players who did nothing but talk numbers (leveling stats, weapon damage rates, etc etc) all day long. It sort of sucked the joy out of playing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing - Joint Ops, UT2004, Soldner

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2004, 19:01 Cy

Actually I played this VERY heavily last year and the vast majority of people were British or German. The Germans has there own server so everyone on the main servers was english or english speaking.

And even if English online is not 100% understood does it really matter - it seems more authentic to me. Last time I went into London I could only understand about 75% of the people - the rest has too bad English or the strongest accents imaginable.

I also played FF XI and that of course had a very high Japanese population - it was like another country running around inside and really added to the sense of another world.

You end up trying your best to communicate using emotes, movements, simple English/German/France/Spanish/Japanese words - surely that has got to be a good thing!

3. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2004, 18:36 ZzeusS

What can you say.. the Icelanders, Swedes, Finlandians, Nordes and Denmarkians all need their one game they can call their own.

2. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2004, 17:18 captawe

This game is still running? Somebody must have deep pockets.

1. No subject Jul 7, 2004, 12:52 Ajax

It looks a lot better than the original Neocron world.
The original NC world sucked design wise.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo