Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movies

A set of new "Behind the Game" movies are now available. showing off S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, GSC Game World's upcoming shooter, with a narration from THQ's Darryl Williams. The clips can be found on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Boomtown, (registration required), FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, GenGamers, and Filerush (torrent).

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Jul 6, 2004, 22:00 seenitall

I just talked to Jesus and he said he wasn't impressed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Jul 6, 2004, 19:10 Scottish Martial Arts

Jesus Christ, if you arn't impressed by these videos I think it's time to find a new hobby.

32. Re: Jul 6, 2004, 16:46 4D-Boxing

Don't worry about those guys, they will be the ones standing in line with their mom or big brother to buy the game cause of it's rating!

31. Re: Jul 6, 2004, 12:00 Raptor

Well for those who are whining about the chopper not being usable.

It was at first, there even are screens out there for it.
But they took it out because it removed the immersion from the game. And as somebody else already said, your a scavenger not a certified pilot.
The game is all about immersion and atmosphere and they really are trying to keep it with whatever means possible.

Coop was removed due to technical problems I think. It's a shame, cos I was completely looking forward to playing the whole sp game coop with friends.

30. No subject Jul 6, 2004, 12:00 fujiJuice

Well I guess Im the only one who found these videos to be a little disappointing. The animations are absolutely horrible compared to the rest of the environment, and the limited number of vehicles is a let down as well.

29. Real Issue Jul 6, 2004, 04:17 Hunterzyph

Framerate is a seeeerious problem in an FPS environment.

28. No subject Jul 6, 2004, 02:17 Xero

It looked good until they showed those invisible gases and whatnot. Killed it for me. Otherwise it looks hot.

"This my finest sword. If in your journey you should encounter God, God will be cut." -Hattori Hanzo ~Kill Bill

Currently playing: Skyrim

27. No subject Jul 6, 2004, 01:26 Ajax

Wow

Watching these movies, all I could think about was the soundtrack and scoring.

It's reallly freaking cool.

Was this done by Sonic Mayhem?

26. Demo, please! Jul 6, 2004, 00:24 Ray Marden

Unless the game sucks badly, I find it hard to imagine myself not purchasing this game.

Still, I would like to see a demo to get a real feel for the game. I do have some concerns about some of the more rough-seeming aspects and I want to know what the realistic performance will be like, especially since it seems unlikely that I will go with Nvidia's (late in coming) card.

Curious as to the overall story,
Ray

-----
Yay, look at me! I am a terrorist and I have proven that I can be a total ass. Er...wait...
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

25. Re: u think? Jul 5, 2004, 23:41 Camaro76

Note: I love my Xbox and my PC. And my Mac (*ducks*).

Yeah, and you'll get your Mac version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

... about 10 years after the PC version ships ...

But if it makes you feel any better, you'll probably get a Mac version of Duke Nukem Forever once that ships. (Note: Now would be a good time to make out your Last Will and Testament.)

---------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

24. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 23:00 sponge

Sarcasm or not, I found that incredibly true about Halo's coop.

23. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 22:26 PHJF

BAH! How scripted was Halo? Its co-op was great!

No, you only *thought* it was because any game with coop is fun.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 22:23 MeatForce

coop is ditched for scripting reasons.

BAH! How scripted was Halo? Its co-op was great!

-----
"Who would have thought a few years ago before Starbucks started that we would be paying four or five bucks for a cup of coffee?... I think if someone could do that for coffee, we ought to be able to do it with bananas." - Chiquita CEO

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

21. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 21:46 PHJF

#18 - far from it, coop is anything but difficult if this game is what they call it: totally unscripted. The only problems I've heard from dev interviews is that coop is ditched for scripting reasons.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

20. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 21:44 PHJF

What? It didn't look like much of a second coming to me. The combat in all the videos looks pretty run of the mill. And far from the claimed "multiplayer singleplayer".

And Morrowind worked because in that vast expanse of world the player was always looking for and finding exciting new things; what am I going to do in Stalker, find +5 power armor in a deep cave? They didn't go very deeply into the inventory aspect of the game.

And chopper too easy... you just fixed that yourself by mentioning that fuel is scarce. At least I have the option (freedom) to do it. After all, isn't that what this game is about?

------

19. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 21:43 seenitall

I'm glad none of you have impossibly high expectations or anything

18. Re: Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 21:41 mycoman

WTH? They ditched coop? I've literally been watching the news on this game for over 1.5 years, and the main reason was me and my buddy were dying to play this game's coop mode. Damnit these game companies killing coop are really pissing me off - I know it's difficult, but damn every coop player tells all his friends to buy the game because they need friends to play coop, you'd think they'd just bite the bullet and do it. This game will still be great, but now I just won't be buying it.

17. Reason Choppers are out Jul 5, 2004, 21:08 Hunterzyph

#1. Too much freedom. Part of the gameplay 'challenge' is getting to some of the more difficult spots. Short of adding flying monsters, a chopper makes this too easy. Also recent (last 6 months) announcement that the whole Zone will not be a single zone (pun intended), would make including them somewhat more difficult.

#2. Not realistic. There was a comment about another Stalker who purchased a chopper, and now he's spending his time ferrying fuel out to it so he can use it again. You're not a member of the military, you're a scavenger.

#3. Somewhat challenging to build in a realistic flight model into a game that is centered around other aspects.

Really, honest to God, if you're ditching this game because choppers aren't in it, then you're just plain daft. This game brings so much to the table that dismissing it over something as trite as that is ridiculous. This game is going to be like an FPS version of Morrowind, with all of the great things that come from that kind of environment to play a game in. Survival horror, exploration, dynamic environments, and whole new levels of [primative] AI interaction. If even half of what they have spoken about in regards to how the world is designed pans out, then this game will set whole new standards.

Fanboi out.

16. D'oh! Jul 5, 2004, 21:02 Paranoid Jack

Yeah, I just got around to watching this "new" video and found it is the same video from several days ago. Oh, well. I like what I see except some of the AI pathfinding seems a bit weird. Like how the creatures run to the side for a bit after missing and then turn on a dime.. it just looks a bit off. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, I realize the game isn't finished so it's not totally polished yet. And this one has a PR guy (some Brit) giving the play by play. But the development team is also doing a lot of PR, which is a double-edgedblade. I know they are getting down to "crunch time" and they also need to get the word out about the game. My point is the word has been out for over a year now. Just finish the game and word of mouth will do the rest. Looking forward to this one more then Doom3 and/or Half-Life 2.

EDIT: I agree with Fanboi(next post), I don't need a chopper. And I am not disappointed they are not an option. It would be a huge pain in the ass to keep it working and fueled up... I am worried the few ground vehicles available will also be a bit of a pain to keep running. But we shall see this Fall, I hope.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 21:27.

15. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2004, 20:58 PHJF

The guy turned me off when he said choppers were not player vehicles.

Yeah, it may be nitpicking, but when you've been waiting this long for a game you expect things.

------

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo