Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hey look at that... the Fourth of July weekend is upon us. We'll be attending a cookout tomorrow, though I'm not sure what our plans for the actual fourth are. Anyway, for those here in the U.S., please be careful on those crazy roads, and if you are playing with fireworks, please explode things responsibly.

Speaking of road safety, I had a fawn try to kill itself by jumping out in front of my truck at the very last second last night. Luckily for the suicidal beastie the road was completely empty, allowing me to swerve and miss it... I swear I heard a tiny thump of its tail nicking a headlight during the narrow escape. Definitely an adrenaline rush... probably even more so for the little deer.

R.I.P.: Marlon Brando Dead at 80.

Link of the Day: Homegrown PVC flamethrower. Thanks devicer.
Stories of the Day: Man Tries to Get Rid of Million Pennies. Thanks Stormbringer.
Star Trek Scotty Has Alzheimer's. Thanks Lost Dragon.
'Ghost Bikes' Warns of Bicycling Hazards.
Science!: When giant hippos roamed Britain.
Hubble discovers 100 new planets.
An Engine That Could? This One Took 526 Years to Move (registration required).
Media of the Day: Beyond Divinity Plowking. Thanks Frans.
Follow-ups: Saturn's Rings Are Still a 'Very Strange Wonder' and a Source of Surprises (registration required).
616,000 signatures carried to Saturn by Cassini. Why? Who knows.
Stern returns to Pittsburgh radio. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

71. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2004, 06:57 Ray Marden

MWA...

MWA HA...

MWA HA HA!!!111111111

Tossing out frut roll-ups o' fascism to all :o,
Ray

-----
Yay, look at me! I am a terrorist and I have proven that I can be a total ass. Er...wait...
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

70. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2004, 06:31 Dwarf_Snowninja

Would fruit-rollups only refer to the brandname or more broadly to an assortment of dried fruit treats, kind of like how kleenex is used to name all brands of tissues? If so then yes, fruit-roll ups are simply better. As a tree hugger I cannot extoll further the greatness of the organic dried fruits my folks make in their dehydrator (ok, seriously theyre quite nummy, especially the apple ones).

69. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 18:11 Scottish Martial Arts

btw, how was skinny puppy?

It was pretty sweet. Highlights for me we're Worlock, Inquisition and Pro-Teste. For the intro and first song Ogre was off stage but man when he got on the crowd went fucking insane. His costume was pretty cool, I wasn't up close so I couldn't see all the details but he kind looked like a blood soaked mummy, with loose rags and stuff. On his head he had this mask that kind looked like a cow skull but with the bloody rags wrapped around it and two ears coming out of the back. After a couple of songs the costume came off and he pulled out this assault rifle that shot blood. He then started firing into the crowd and then turned around to the backing film and started "killing" stuff on screen. After the machine gun bit he pulled on a gas mask as they started playing VX Gas Attack. I wish I had brought some earplugs with me because at about this point my hearing went to shit and I couldn't really hear the individual parts of the songs. At one point on the backing film there were flames immolating Ogre's face and the on stage Ogre was flipping off the backing film, looked awesome, here's a shot of what it looked like: http://www.detroitentertainment.tv/system/gallery/2004/normal_skinnypuppy149.jpg It was kind of funny when they started playing SKUMM because all the moshers were at a complete loss as to what to do, almost like they had never heard the song before. They finished up with Harsh Stone White, Ogre was sprinkling a blowing white powder everywhere that looked awesome when combined with the lighting. After that Cevin did some brapping while Ogre was muttering some unintelligible stuff, Ogre then began taking police line tape and began roping off the stage, he then shouted out "Welcome to the 21st Century" in that freakish scream he does, then everyone went off stage. Didn't get to stick around for the encores cause I had parked in a garage that closes at midnight, was kicking myself on the walk back to the garage cause I heard em start to play again.

68. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 15:21 tron

when you have that nice of a snack, can you really be blamed for giving up a part of your soul to fascism

tempt me not, foul creature! every time someone eats a fruit-roll-up a hundred third-world children are condemned to 50 hours of no-pay slave-labor!

that aside, the above ray quote, taken out of context, has got to be one of the funniest things i've read in a while!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

67. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 15:02 Ray Marden

Well, what are the circumstances?

If looking purely at breakfast, I would go with the pop-tarts.

Now, just in general, I do like the high-end fruit roll-ups. Mind you, not the cheap, generic ones, but luxury ones with a high fruit content.

I mean, when you have that nice of a snack, can you really be blamed for giving up a part of your soul to fascism while you are eating it?

I THINK NOT, SIR!!!!!111

Offering you a free fruit roll-up,
Ray

Edit: One post, one (or more) typo(s)...
-----
Yay, look at me! I am a terrorist and I have proven that I can be a total ass. Er...wait...
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.
This comment was edited on Jul 4, 06:59.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

66. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 14:56 tron

I think you should add the rest of the quote as well "...It's a hell of a ride"

heh... i didn't think about that... good call, mr. SMA...

consider it DONE!

btw, how was skinny puppy? i saw them twice back in the early 90's for the too dark park and last rites tours... they put on fun shows back then...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

65. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 14:46 Scottish Martial Arts

Duh! fruit-roll-ups

Fascist Imperialist Scumbag! Get an education, jeez it'a amazing you people have the right to vote.

64. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 14:45 Scottish Martial Arts

"tron is big and tron is full of action"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

I think you should add the rest of the quote as well "...It's a hell of a ride"

63. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 14:43 JoeCool

Which is better, pop-tarts or fruit-roll-ups?

Duh! fruit-roll-ups

62. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 13:15 tron

you ask me to choose between delicious fruity frosted pastry and a roll of sticky plastic chewy blah??? how dare you, sir!

it's obvious that throughout most of the 20th century pop-tarts are eaten by those who love one another and do no evil in the world, while fruit roll-ups are only consumed by big-industry bigots who kill the innocent for blood-stained cash while sitting on a pile of whores and plotting the desmise of everyone who even looks at pop-tarts with mild interest. and those are the FACTS baby - say anything different and you're brain-dead ignorant pathetic excuse for a brain-washed loser who only follows what the evil liars of the fruit roll-up regime want them to do and say. yeah...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

61. Re: No more politics Jul 3, 2004, 13:08 tron

America means people have the RIGHT to disagree. Don't like it? Then you don't belong here.

LOL!!! is it just me, or does this sentance say: "We have the RIGHT to DISAGREE, *but* - if you DISAGREE with ME, then GET OUT!"

halsay - you are entertaining if nothing else!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

60. Re: Post #53 Jul 3, 2004, 13:05 banddirector

...is nothing more than a long-winded "bullshit personal attack."

Oooh... the irony. ;p

My point exactly. A huge tirade and not one political point was proven, just a bunch of insults.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

59. Re: No more politics Jul 3, 2004, 12:37 JoeCool

I wish the moderators would actually do their jobs and moderate this train-wreck.

58. Re: No more politics Jul 3, 2004, 12:16 Scottish Martial Arts

You're the assholes that alway use democracy as a rallying cry, yet you loathe it if someone doesn't agree with your asinine bullshit.

America means people have the RIGHT to disagree. Don't like it? Then you don't belong here. Don't tread on me, baby.

Start looking in the mirror pal. One of us disagrees (rationally or otherwise) with you, you insult our intelligence and says we shouldn't have the right to vote. Whether you're willing to admit it or not you're just as integral to the political bullshit as everyone else.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 12:18.

57. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 11:56 Enahs

All you people arguing over what Regan did, and if he was right or wrong, justified or unjustified are all being jackass, ignoring the real problems of today and focusing on the past.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

56. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 08:58 Tango

Lol Halsy, you might as well change your name to "Halsey" so those that 90% of those that bother flaming you / debating with you are factually right on at least one count

55. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 06:48 unaloony

hEH, i was able to accurately describe a halesy post in about three words.

----
Call 1888-4-A-QUEEF (427-8333) for more info. [And pleese post what is says for people without phones.]

54. Post #53 Jul 3, 2004, 05:53 Hollowguy

...is nothing more than a long-winded "bullshit personal attack."

Oooh... the irony. ;p

53. Re: No more politics Jul 3, 2004, 04:19 Halsy

Most political concepts are outside the boundaries of right and wrong - - they are simply matters of opinion.

Are you on crack or just simple? Politics IS reality. Domestic and foreign policy may occur in a vacuum for people like you, but it's pretty lethal for most everyone else. I won't even bother illustrating what an asinine statement that is. If you can't even grasp that much you have no business even discussing politics.

So trying to "prove" anyone's politics right or wrong is a waste of time.

Well, I'm sure that's a great comfort to the hundreds of millions of people who have died to these "opinions" down through the ages and continue to do so today. Yeah, the 5000 dead Afghani citizens, the 10,000 Iraqi civilians and the 1000 or so dead American soldiers - to say nothing of the 10's of 1000's of wounded on all sides - must find it a great comfort that it's just an opinion with no right or wrong.

Only could a spoiled individual living in the ignorance and comfort of North America make such ludicrous statement. That sort of stupidity is so offensive I don't even understand how people like you are permitted a vote. All you do is harm. Morals are relative, but there are still some fundamental rights and wrongs that transcend religion, ethos, etc. The fact that you can't even grasp that much only illustrates why people like you shouldn't be even discussing politics in the first place. Go back to doing whatever it is the hell that you - and people like you do - and stay out of somehting that is so clearly beyond your grasp.

As for the board used to being fun, give me a fucking break. There have been far greater flamewars over much more stupid shit long before we ever discussed politics. FUTHER...most people don't have a problem discussing politics on these boards. The PROBLEM is a handful of disgruntled right-wing fascists who have had every opportunity to counter those claims, but choose not to and choose to engage in bullshit personal attacks because they lack the education or intelligence to deal with it head on. Am I wrong? PROVE it.

Last, but not least...Imost certainly have opinions, but I certainly don't deal in them when PROVING a fucking point. You know what hindsight is politically speaking? It's the goddamned facts finally coming to light. That is NOT opinion. It's fact. Learn the fucking difference. If you're incapable of doing so, or could care less than ignore it or shut the fuck up because I'm sick of that sort of goddamned stupidity. Make a point or fuck off. And so far as Blue is concerned, I'm certain he finds it all highly entertaining or he would have shut it down long before now. If you don't like it, then you go somewhere else. Try China, it's a place you'll never have to worry about the left, dissent or free speech. You're the assholes that alway use democracy as a rallying cry, yet you loathe it if someone doesn't agree with your asinine bullshit.

America means people have the RIGHT to disagree. Don't like it? Then you don't belong here. Don't tread on me, baby.

"You've been hoodwinked. You've been had. You've been took. You've been led astray, run amok. You've been bamboozled."
- Malcolm X

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

52. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2004, 04:09 Hollowguy

That was a pre-emptive SHUT THE HELL UP

lol.

As the US election grows closer - it is only going to get worse. It's not just here, but pretty much everywhere.

oh well...

71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo