Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 2004 Patches

New patches are now available for Unreal Tournament 2004, updating Epic's shooter to version 3236, offering enhancements, tweaks, and bug fixes. There is a 12 MB Win32 patch, available on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Computer Games Online, FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, Game Arena, GameCenter.cz, Gamer's Hell, The Patches Scrolls, and Worthplaying; The 19 MB Linux patch can be found on 3D Gamers, Computer Games Online, FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, GameCenter.cz, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

25. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 16:43 Buttercup

And while [Ci]Ogalthorpe's Place often has, hands down, the best BR talent playing, the map rotation is just god awful. The people who vote for maps really have a hard-on for open planes and linear, rectangular maps (fragballstadium, thorns, football, hockey, etc). Which is a complete waste of the UT engine, and not fun. I get so frustrated/pissed off I can rarely make it through a match.

So if you're reading this: Play more Bombing Run!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 16:26 Buttercup

I agree with Brym. Bombing Run is better when you're looking for a quick fix. In Onslaught, you really have to invest a lot of effort for not much gratification, and it takes longer.

Now, when you've got two teams that really know what they're doing, Onslaught can be terrific. But that takes a lot of luck, and usually about 20+ people. All it takes is 4 people for a great Bombing Run match though.

23. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 16:08 Jim

but I can't for the life of me figure out why it has 1000% more servers than all the other gametypes

Several reasons that come to mind:

mantas, scorpions, raptors, goliaths, hellbenders, leviathans

Jim

22. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 15:11 Brym

The downside of having so many gametypes is that it really fragments the community. Right now, there's the onslaught community, the deathmatch community, and everyone else. Me and my friends are huge bombing run fans, but there's really only one server that's consistently good for bombing run ([ci]ogalthorpe's lair). It'd be nice to have more options. I love onslaught and all, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it has 1000% more servers than all the other gametypes except maybe deathmatch. And why does everyone who plays CTF only play on Face Classic??

21. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 13:55 Furious

Just curious Furious (), I thought you had sworn off UT2K4 as not being worth it. What made you change your mind?

Oh, I still stand behind my statements that UT2K4 is UT2K3 Part 2 but I've always said that if you didn't buy UT2K3 then you are getting a good deal (plus I got UT2K4 for only $20). And I also still think ONS is terribly boring, like an unfinished Tribes game (regardless of launch bugs etc), but I guess if one has never played Tribes 1/2 then ONS would be fun.. I guess :|. I still don't play any of the legacy gametypes such as DM, CTF, DOM, etc and lacking rehashed gametypes like ONS as I think are are just.. done.

Gripes aside, node siege to me is simple but innovative, especially with Weapons of Evil thrown in for good measure (and with WoE, I'm talking about the configurable Sentinel Guns, not the new carryable weapons). It's a new mixed (NS + WoE) game type that I have never played so its fun, unlike the other gametypes that have been around within UT 99/03/04 and have never changed except for grahics... big deal.

So maybe you were right, the MODS will save the UT franchise cause god help them if the in the box games were it.

Hell, I've been watching the Bonus DVD of the SE to learn how to make maps. Ans I might even look at making a MOD

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 13:55.

20. Alien Swarm Jun 15, 2004, 13:17 Protoz

Alien Swarm is still the funnest mod I have played.

I tried Air Buccaneers which is unique but too slow for me.

Unwheel looks cool and so does Clone Bandits

19. Re: Jun 15, 2004, 13:07 Rseman

Still in love with Onslaught here.... also, whilst killing a few seconds with it paused, I started reading the bits about the characters in the SP game. Some of that is hysterical!

Describing one of the bots:

It slices, dices. eviscerates, see's in the dark and can track you by your dna... just like that girl you dumped at the prom.

I think I dated that girl, too....:P

Having to edit since I've not had coffee yet...
This comment was edited on Jun 15, 13:08.

18. Bought for mods Jun 15, 2004, 12:54 Skoll

I just bought it for the mods alone. Got it Sunday, and have been having a blast. This engine is like a new game OS with all the disparate game types that have been coming out for it. Bravo Epic.

17. The mod that does it for me... Jun 15, 2004, 12:40 Koblizek

so far has been Red Orchestra. I keep coming back to that mod over and over again. Nothing feels better than capping 7 Nazis in a row with a bolt action rifle. I semi-tried (is that a word? it is now!) Alien Swarm, but got my ass kicked even on the easiest setting. I guess they have a tutorial for a reason. And there were like 3 servers for Air Buccaneers last time I checked. One empty, one full, and one with high ping. Not exactly easy to find anyone to play against.

16. No subject Jun 15, 2004, 12:39 IAMGOD

You know what, so am I.  
Master of Poo.

15. No subject Jun 15, 2004, 12:34 space captain

im gonna buy this game just for the mods alone

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

14. No subject Jun 15, 2004, 12:12 McCrank

I love Air Buccaneers!!! It is just too much fun, was laughing my ass off for hours upon end

13. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:52 Gandhi

Thanks for the links Furious. Just curious Furious (:D), I thought you had sworn off UT2K4 as not being worth it. What made you change your mind?

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

12. Patches Jun 15, 2004, 11:41 TangledThorns

millions of peaches patches for me
millions of peaches patches for free
millions of peaches patches for me
millions of peaches patches for free

look out!

11. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:39 Ihya

Too many mods... Not enough time...

10. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:30 Mr Gar

Air Buccaneers is seriously cool too.

http://ludocraft.oulu.fi/airbuccaneers/index.php?screenshots

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 11:31.

9. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:27 Furious

Where can I get node siege and Weapons of Evil? And what servers to play on?

Here is the link to Node Siege via the Unreal Message Forums: http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=309ac2ae1a2cbb14587c4b5391e503f8&threadid=385240&highlight=Node+Siege

And then the Weapons of Evil: http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/unreal/woe.htm

When you install Node Siege it will become a gametype in the drop down list box within the internet server browser. Not sure how many servers have it, I just play Direct IP with my buddies aginst bots, and they know how to play Node Siege and how to use the Weapons of Evil... tough stuff.

8. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:21 complicity

Anyone have a list of what's changed in this patch from last?
The 3D Gamers link seems to have what you're looking for. It says it includes all fixes from patch 1, so maybe they listed all of those fixes as well.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

7. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:15 Zathrus

Anyone have a list of what's changed in this patch from last?

WorthPlaying had a list, but it appears to be identical to the one for the prior patch.

6. Re: Sweet! Jun 15, 2004, 11:13 Gandhi

Where can I get node siege and Weapons of Evil? And what servers to play on? Thanks.

And yeah, looks like the patch fix the issue I was referenceing in my first post

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo