Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Another battle in my war with my coffee accoutrements took place today... My cheapo coffee grinder ceased working this morning, as it became impossible to get the little plastic tab in the lid to depress its corresponding switch that ensures the grinder can't be operated in an open position. I imagine there are a couple of folks with the nickname 'lefty' from the days before these things were so equipped, but it sure was frustrating knowing the grinder is actually still operational, but refusing to grind because my fingers may have been in the way.

And then there's last night's Sopranos... All I can (or at least should) say is wow!

Stories of the Day: Men's habits, not biology, cause early death.
Science!: Malformed Proteins Found in Sheep Muscle (registration required).
Bullish Hopes for Serial Cloning.
Aspirin changes sexual behaviour of rats. Not tonight, I don't have a headache.
Images of the Day: Half-Life 2 Case Mod. Thanks Dave and TekForums.
Auctions of the Day: Rare Bull Penis Walking Cane. Thanks Gargus.
Thanks Mike Martinez

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 12:14 Bronco

SST:

I was thinking maybe she (Ade) was going to jump out of the car, or grab the wheel and cause a wreck that killed them both. I liked that nice, imaginary 5 second deal where she imagines herself driving, with her suitcase, and fleeing.

When do you think she knew? Obviously once they turned off onto the road covered with leaves - but before that? Was she crying for fear of being whacked, Chris and his OD, or the missed opportunity?

I guess I was hoping her and Chris-toe-pher would go witness protection, but you're right, Chris did treat her like shit. (He nearly strangles her and then says "I love you" - WTF ever.)

Fine line between love and hate. Her keeping the FBI info from him for over a year is pretty big betrayal. I'm not saying I'd choke my wife for keeping something that big from me for a year. Then again I'm not in the mob.

Here's another question, was Tony contemplating Ade at the end? There isn't any chance that he and Carmella were at the same place that Silvio did Ade is there?

I HATE scheduling software.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I donít know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president. -- Kurt Vonnegut

-TPFKAS2S
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. So, Enahs... May 24, 2004, 12:12 Ray Marden

...how are you and all my other fellow Sopranos non-watchers?

Clapping my paws together for tomorrows Deadly Shadows shippage,
Ray

-----------------------
A Poster is Me!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

6. Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 12:06 nin

SST I was thinking maybe she (Ade) was going to jump out of the car, or grab the wheel and cause a wreck that killed them both. I liked that nice, imaginary 5 second deal where she imagines herself driving, with her suitcase, and fleeing.

I guess I was hoping her and Chris-toe-pher would go witness protection, but you're right, Chris did treat her like shit. (He nearly strangles her and then says "I love you" - WTF ever.)

My prediction:

Chris is on the top step of a downward spiral. He's going to OD and die. As badly as he treated Ade, she was the best thing that happened to him. And he'll eventually realize this.

Jesus...built my car. It'a a love affair (mainly Jesus and my hotrod).
This comment was edited on May 24, 12:06.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 12:04 Bronco

SST:

I was genuinely stunned by last nights show. I was pretty sure the Ade story wasn't going to have a happy ending, but I was still stunned by how it turned out. I THOUGHT I didn't really like her character, but I really felt bad about how she went out (even after the show was over, I was depressed).

I guess I was sort of surprised too -- but when I examine that, I don't really know how else it would have turned out... I think my shock was just that it finally resolved, that was one long-running sub-ploy (I liked how Ade herself couldn't place how long ago she first met with the FBI).

There was some amazing tension in the scene as Christopher took all this in... we genuinely couldn't tell whether he was going to go for it, or kill her. I thought the back to back straight-in-the-eye betrayals of Ade and Tony B (though the later one was short-lived) were amazing touches.

When he choked her I thought that was it for her.

As soon as Christopha said he was going out 'for a little bit' I had a bad feeling. I was surprised that he entertained the idea at all.

I don't recall the relationship between Silvio and Ade. I figured Paulie to do the job. Then again, with the strain between Chris and Paulie that would have beeen tough.

Am I wrong or did Silvio call Ade a cunt?

Oh, and start your stopwatches: Tony and Carm are back together (for now).

Yeah, ditching his girlfriend at the burn unit was pretty tough.

I think this may be setting up some really tough decisions next season for Tony. I have always felt that at some point the writers would have Tony contemplating entering the witness protection program. When the seperation occured I could see no reason for him to turn to the Feds.

Now that he is making an 'earnest' attempt to save his marriage he may need to do something like that to save his family.

Of course, he did say his mid-life crisis stuff would not bother her anymore. That isn't the same thing as stopping alltogether is it?

That Sac guy is a tool. 'We won't be meeting like this anymore.' What a twat.

Last nights Deadwood was one of the better episodes so far. Can't put my finger on what made it better, but it was.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I donít know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president. -- Kurt Vonnegut

-TPFKAS2S

4. Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 11:45  Blue 

SST:

I was genuinely stunned by last nights show. I was pretty sure the Ade story wasn't going to have a happy ending, but I was still stunned by how it turned out. I THOUGHT I didn't really like her character, but I really felt bad about how she went out (even after the show was over, I was depressed).

I guess I was sort of surprised too -- but when I examine that, I don't really know how else it would have turned out... I think my shock was just that it finally resolved, that was one long-running sub-ploy (I liked how Ade herself couldn't place how long ago she first met with the FBI).

There was some amazing tension in the scene as Christopher took all this in... we genuinely couldn't tell whether he was going to go for it, or kill her. I thought the back to back straight-in-the-eye betrayals of Ade and Tony B (though the later one was short-lived) were amazing touches.

I thought of this in the reverse... I started the stopwatch for them getting back together when they separated...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. nin hates subjects May 24, 2004, 11:41 Zathrus

Due to a storm last night, I lost about 10 minutes of Sopranos (from around the :20 to :30 mark), but was able to piece everything together.

Look at the bright side. If it had been cable you probably still wouldn't have signal!

And if you really want, you can always catch those 10 mins on one of the bazillion reruns HBO has during the week.

SST (if you don't watch the show, just give up reading the forums today!):
My wife commented that death was probably about the best thing that could happen to Ade. She's probably right... if Ade and Chris had gotten federal protection then he would've been beating the shit out of her on a regular basis. I just can't imagine that he'd be happy in a "normal" life, and he'd take that out on her. She had a lot of issues, but it's still a sad statement when death is the best answer.

What's particularly surprising is that Silvio took her out. Apparantly she's his cousin. An interesting contrast to the Tony/Johnny conflict. Speaking of which, could Johnny have pushed Tony more? I was expecting him to request a BJ on the spot. Next season (and probably the last ep of this season) is going to be bloody with the gang war that's fated now. Johnny was just plain stupid... if he'd given an inch then Tony would've handed over his cousin. Now they'll both be decimated.

2. Behavior May 24, 2004, 11:40 Learned Hand

Men's habits, not biology, cause early death

The writer and the people she quotes seem not to have considered that biology influences one's habits. E.g., there will probably never be as many women as men riding (and crashing) motorcycles. "Gender roles" are not purely social constructs.

1. No subject May 24, 2004, 11:30 nin

Due to a storm last night, I lost about 10 minutes of Sopranos (from around the :20 to :30 mark), but was able to piece everything together. (To get the full Sopranos experience, when the dish went out, I yelled "COCKSUCKA!" at the tv.)

SST:

Jesus...built my car. It'a a love affair (mainly Jesus and my hotrod).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo